CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
That bottom link to CBS news...there is some sick *advertiser censored* who commented on that report. LE needs to track him down. Only someone with a sick and twisted mind would actually post something so degrading like that.

I hope they can trace that commentors IP address.

Jessica Ridgeway Case: Police Confirm 'Definitive' Connection Between Ridgeway Murder, Ketner Lake Attempted Abduction

10/23/2012 9:41 am EDT Updated: 10/23/2012 10:17 am EDT

Excerpt: "We are able to say that there is a direct connection between the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake that occurred during the Memorial Day weekend and the Jessica Ridgeway investigation," Westminster police investigator Trevor Materasso said at a news conference.

Materasso would not say what the link is nor would he say if the police believe that suspects in both cases are the same person. "We're limited beyond that to talk in detail or give specifics of how those two connections are made," Materasso said."

Article
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/jessica-ridgeway-case-pol_n_2004872.html
Video
http://bcove.me/7sshbpl8

That bottom link to CBS news...there is some sick *advertiser censored* who commented on that report. LE needs to track him down. Only someone with a sick and twisted mind would actually post something so degrading like that.

wow. I just keep getting madder and madder. but there's nothing to do with the anger. His screen name is as concerning as the comment. in fact, it could be the motive for all of this.

well, dude is a registered user, so they can find him that way. I hope someone hides that comment though b/c no one close to Autumn needs to see that.

someone else stated, they hope its not an undocmented person

Yeah, I saw that too. Hopefully law enforcement is taking a more open-minded approach instead of pigeonholing the investigation and trying to steer group conversations based on who they "hope" it is. Personally, I don't care what demographic group the criminal is from as long as he is apprehended and incarcerated.

I was so bummed the read this when I woke up today. I know her body was intact, but is there any possibility it could be the same guy on the move?

btw - she was found in a recycling container, not a recycling center. "The search ended around 10 p.m. Monday on East Clayton Avenue when a search team member found her body in one of the blue recycling bins placed out for pickup Tuesday morning.

The location is right around the corner from the Clayton Police Department, a quarter-mile from Delsea Drive and not far from Autumn's home."
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/19891051/clayton-mayor-as-a-community-we-will-get-through-this

why are girls considered throw away trash?

I need to believe there is only one guy doing all this (Lyric & Elizabeth too) and he's traveling around. more reason ti think the same guy is on the move:
http://www./321596/female-torso-found-at-niagara-falls-identity-unknown/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...new-jersey-girl-believed-found-officials-say/

Six days until Autumn Pasquale's 13th birthday and around the corner from the police station..tragic, hopefully LE apprehends the predator quickly..

WTH!!!! There are always sickos who come out when the worst stories happen, but REALLY??? I don't care if "all" this person does is comment like a coward behind his computer, I hope some level of LE has an IT department dedicated to tracking down these IPs and seeing what else they post and uncovering something to nail them on. How disgusting can people get!!!!!

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/18/police-w...sible-lead-in-jessica-ridgeway-investigation/

Police say they never used a sketch in the Memorial Day case because they say sketches can cause confusion.

Now I am confused. Why is using "light skinned" not confusing but a sketch of the suspect would confuse us. idk maybe it's me.

I think the victim can't give a good enough description to have him sketched. Once it's sketched if there is something off, people may exclude someone they have suspicions about because he doesn't match the sketch exactly. Also, I believe it can be used by defense at trial. So the the more vague or general the description, the better.

I don't see any comments on the CBS post, were they all removed?

FYI- Interesting

Thousands of sex offenders receive U.S. passports

Several of our cases showed that sex offenders left the country and moved to Mexico. According to State officials, Mexico does not have a sex offense registration system, so these offenders are likely unknown to authorities and their neighbors."
The Department of State "has indicated that it would like to study any proposed legislation to provide additional authority to deny passports to sex offenders, including constitutional, policy and practical issues that may arise in its application and use," the report said. "A State official said that the department recently began working with [the Department of Justice] to develop a procedure for tracking these convictions and a procedure to notify State of those convictions."
(snipped - read more)

WTH!!!! There are always sickos who come out when the worst stories happen, but REALLY??? I don't care if "all" this person does is comment like a coward behind his computer, I hope some level of LE has an IT department dedicated to tracking down these IPs and seeing what else they post and uncovering something to nail them on. How disgusting can people get!!!!!

I agree. They should and most likely can and hopefully will trace this. Whether they are his sick thoughts or not, this person needs a visit from LE.

The other night on the Colorado Springs news, they talked about a community (not sure where! sorry!) that has a great idea. They are asking that if you're home at the time when kids are going to or from school, step outside. This is so basic, costs nothing, and would be a great deterrent. Last year, after Calysta Cordova was kidnapped, fathers here in Pueblo were stationed every 50 feet or so along the kids routes to Corwin Elementary. It would be great if we could get people to do this all the time....

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/18/police-w...sible-lead-in-jessica-ridgeway-investigation/

Police say they never used a sketch in the Memorial Day case because they say sketches can cause confusion.

Now I am confused. Why is using "light skinned" not confusing but a sketch of the suspect would confuse us. idk maybe it's me.

Look at the discussion around the 'Candy man' sketch. It's so generic that I think I could find at least half a dozen men who are close enough to that sketch in my tiny little town.

Another example would be the sketch that was made of Antolin Garcia-Torres after he allegedly attempted to assault two women. While there were quite a few who thought the sketch was a striking resemblance, I thought it looked nothing like him.

The classic example is Ted Bundy. He had one of those faces that changes markedly just by putting on a few pounds or taking them off.

In the nearly five months since the May attempt, this perp has had time to make significant changes to his appearance.

Plus, sketch artists vary widely in their abilities. Some of them really make the suspect depicted come alive and some of them look more like cartoon images.

To me, 'light skinned' doesn't seem confusing.

I must have missed it! Could someone tell me just generally what happened?
Thanks

The other night on the Colorado Springs news, they talked about a community (not sure where! sorry!) that has a great idea. They are asking that if you're home at the time when kids are going to or from school, step outside. This is so basic, costs nothing, and would be a great deterrent. Last year, after Calysta Cordova was kidnapped, fathers here in Pueblo were stationed every 50 feet or so along the kids routes to Corwin Elementary. It would be great if we could get people to do this all the time....

I know the high schools in the area are trying to do this. I think they are called Jessica's angels.

I in no way am saying I believe the drug cartel is involved. I am just saying the type of people who are no strangers to this sort of behavior are the MS13 / Cartel / gang types. As another poster in the last thread was able to articulate what I didnt, A person like that could operate under their own directives, or sick thrills.

Its just a coincidence, the descriptions, the evidence found, ect... which can all be linked together, but its just a coincidence Im sure.

And as someone else stated, they hope its not an undocmented person, which brought up the memory of the train killer, a man (not cartel affiliated) who killed in Mexico and the USA.

If anything the Gang/Cartel (not as a whole, but acts of one or maybe 3) gets some other ideas flowing.

But the fact remains, there is 1 or more people being described as "Light skinned" and bewteen 5ft5 and 5ft9, trying to abduct people left and right down there.

IMO
I am leaning towards all 3 cases being related because of the use of the rag or towel with substance attempt in at least 2 of them. The jogger and bar incident both had the rag/towel attempted to be used. And Jessica's case was directly tied to the jogger case somehow. So, IMO, I am leaning toward all 3 cases involving some of the same people. Maybe not all present in all 3 cases.

So, I think we have at least 2 people who know each other (maybe 3), and are working in tandem to commit these crimes. I think one of them is kind of like the leader, and the other one(s) is just following instructions.

I am not ruling out gang affiliation of some kind either. But, I think these people are kind of on a mission with these crimes. In the jogger case and Jessica's case, I would not outrule that 2 people were involved throughout those crimes. In the jogger case, the other person could have remained in his vehicle or maybe was off in the woods waiting to help if the other person dragged her there. He could have been alone, but even if he was, I think he was the same one involed in all 3 cases.

The link of using the rag with substance is just too much for me to think different perps would be using the exact same method so closely timewise. 2 of the cases used the towel/rag, and Jessica's case was tied to one of them, so that makes me think all 3 are tied.

That's a great idea. Communities could also institute a "walking school bus" lead by volunteers. Parents wait with their kids at home for the group to show up. Kids walk between the adults stationed at the front and back.

Video and article. Ketner lake incident on Memorial Day.

Jogger escapes from attempted kidnapping near Westminster lake

May 30, 2012

http://kdvr.com/2012/05/30/jogger-escapes-from-attempted-kidnapping-near-westminster-lake/

"But Westminster Police say Monday about 1:15 p.m., a man attacked a 22-year-old woman as she jogged along the trail. Police say she passed the suspect once, as he walked the opposite way.

But when she looped around again, he was walking in the same direction and grabbed her as she ran by."

BBM I've probably overlooked this in my attempts at reading the previous 17 threads. For her to pass him once and remember him when he grabbed her during the second encounter, she clearly got a decent enough look both times to connect that it was the same person. Maybe not enough for a sketch but at least that's something. I trust LE is doing the right thing in withholding/releasing the necessary info.

Another question... has there ever been any discussion if the perp said anything to the jogger in May as he was trying to abduct her? I know it was likely very quick and she had the chemical soaked rag over her face.. but if she tried to bite him, elbow him, however she fought... I'm wondering if he threatened her to be quiet (in not so nice terms). Maybe she was able to detect an accent or distinguishing feature of his voice. Deep, high pitched, squeaky/pubertyish, anything that would make him identifiable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500