CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Ridgeway Disappearance, Jeffco Schools Offers Counselors
October 8, 2012 8:17 AM

WESTMINSTER, Colo. (CBS4) – Extra counselors will be on hand at Witt Elementary School Monday after the disappearance of a student, 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.

“Anybody with children will understand that it’s a frightening situation because we don’t know what happened and we’re all just hoping that it’s going to have a happy ending,” Jefferson County Schools spokeswoman Lynn Setzer said.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/08/after-ridgeway-disappearance-jeffco-schools-offers-counselors/

Lol- sorry Score! No pressure- just need a translator! :)

Jen,

type what you think you heard. it will get easier. Also we have great mods that look over our post and they will do rewinds if needed.

Thanks!!

But remember - What is SAID in the basement STAYS in the basement

Bumping-

Originally Posted by Noway
From link above .... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...51195072786077

-Jessica walks three blocks between Morris Street to Chelsea Park where she usually meets up with a large group of friends - before walking 1.3 miles to school. In that three block period, she disappeared. -Three weeks ago students at an Arvada school saw a man in a dark sedan trying to lure students closer to his vehicle. JeffCo schools sends letters out to all of its schools - including <> Elementary -where Jessica goes to school. Police are looking in to whether there's a connection. -50 investigators including Police, FBI, Missing and Exploited Children - searched the area near Morris Street and Chelsea Park

It would be nice if people stopped getting this wrong. Jessica lives a few houses away from the park, not three blocks. The walk from Chelsea Park to Witt Elementary school is roughly a three block distance, the last half on a trail across an open space area. It's a 1.3 mile drive because cars have to go around the greenbelt.

Hi. I don't come around often anymore. I was more active on the Lauren Spierer thread. I have been lurking here and hope this poor girl is found alive and well! I am wondering if someone could please explain what you mean about "the basement" and "Upstairs" please. Thank you.

Hi. I don't come around often anymore. I was more active on the Lauren Spierer thread. I have been lurking here and hope this poor girl is found alive and well! I am wondering if someone could please explain what you mean about "the basement" and "Upstairs" please. Thank you.

The basement refers to where the scanner thread is located. It's only viewable by members of WS, not the general public. Upstairs is here in the Missing section, which is viewable by members and the general public.

I'm puzzled by the backpack being found six miles from where Jessica was last seen.

I wish we knew the condition of the backpack, i.e., was it neatly placed on the sidewalk or did it look as it if had been tossed from a car.

I also wish we knew if someone found the backpack first, and then left it where it was later found.

Is the abductor toying with LE, trying a bit of misdirection?

There seems to be no logical explanation for the backpack to be found in a residential neighborhood six miles from where Jessica lives.:waitasec:

It would be nice if people stopped getting this wrong. Jessica lives a few houses away from the park, not three blocks. The walk from Chelsea Park to Witt Elementary school is roughly a three block distance, the last half on a trail across an open space area. It's a 1.3 mile drive because cars have to go around the greenbelt.

TY, Footwarrior. Since you must be a local familiar with the area. What is the estimated distance to the park from her house. IYO, where would be the most likely location that Jessica would have been abducted from her house to Chelsea Park?

TY, Footwarrior. Since you must be a local familiar with the area. What is the estimated distance to the park from her house. IYO, where would be the most likely location that Jessica would have been abducted from her house to Chelsea Park?

From looking at the street view on Google Maps the park is literally right by her house (you can visually see it from her driveway). Here's a pic: (The house with the brown shutters and the blue truck out front is the approximate location of Jessica's house. It's either that house, or the one next door to the right that isn't in the picture). Where the A marker is is the entrance to Chelsea Park.

EDIT: I removed the photo until we can confirm her exact address. There are 2 different addresses floating around, so I'm not sure which is correct.

The estimated distance from the park to her house looks like about 3-4 houses and it's a straight shot. IMO she either ENTERED the park and something happened in there (which you couldn't see from her driveway, at that point) or she, for whatever reason, didn't stop at the park that day and kept walking to school and something happened between the park and her school.

The backpack turning up within a few miles tells me the person who took her is local, not someone passing through, or someone who took her out of state quickly. That is about all I can think of, except that it is not a good sign to me, i.e. if the person is still there locally, and is in "getting rid of evidence"mode.

From looking at the street view on Google Maps the park is literally right by her house (you can visually see it from her driveway). I'll see if I can post a pic.

The previous thread suggested that her address had been transposed and should be 10786 Moore St--which puts it three blocks from the park.

The previous thread suggested that her address had been transposed and should be 10786 Moore St--which puts it three blocks from the park.

Oh ok, I must have missed that, thanks! I was going off of the address on the missing persons flyer. I went ahead and removed the Google Maps photo until the exact address is confirmed.

We've read her mom watched Jessica walk toward the park until she was out of sight. So does that cut down the distance of where she was allegedly abducted to about 1 1/2 blocks?

Seems at 8:30 on a weekday morning the neighborhood would have been busy with folks leaving for work or school. It happens I guess.

Oh ok, I must have missed that, thanks! I was going off of the address on the missing persons flyer. I went ahead and removed the Google Maps photo until the exact address is confirmed.

darn, really wanted to see that photo!! LOL

I get so turned around with the google earth...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Search for missing girl Jessica Ridgeway moves to Superior with backpack discovery

Searchers desperate for a clue in the disappearance of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway got one Sunday on the sidewalk of a Superior subdivision. The child's abandoned or tossed backpack and water bottle were found more than 6 miles from where she was last seen.

"Obviously, it gives the investigation something to go on," said Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso.

He said the distance from Jessica's home to the Rock Creek subdivision in Superior should not be a consideration, though it expands the scope of the investigation far outside an area searched by more than 800 volunteers Saturday.

"At this time, we don't have more information of her being in Rock Creek other than the backpack being found,"

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...ca-ridgeway-moves-superior-backpack-discovery

I wondering if the suspect has ties to the area where he/she left the backpack. Maybe lives in the area. Maybe he is not toying with LE but got rid of her belongings before he went home.

The FBI should tell the public what to look for. Example..Person might have scratches on him. Person came home late possibly around 1am. Person had cleaned his car. IDK...

:praying: Prayers for Jessica

What bothers me the most about the backpack situation is that it genuinely seems to have been staged. I have always thought that the whole staging idea was something that rarely happened, except in thriller movies and books. The idea of the perp leaving the backpack in the middle of the night on a sidewalk in another safe neighborhood, rather than just putting it in the trash somewhere, scares the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77