CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondering if the suspect has ties to the area where he/she left the backpack. Maybe lives in the area. Maybe he is not toying with LE but got rid of her belongings before he went home.

The FBI should tell the public what to look for. Example..Person might have scratches on him. Person came home late possibly around 1am. Person had cleaned his car. IDK...

:praying: Prayers for Jessica

I certainly think they have ties to the area. A concern for me is that were Jessica lives there are 3 rso's right in the general vicinity of where she lived and walked to school and where her backpack was found also shows 3 rso's in that neighborhood. http://www.familywatchdog.us/

If it is a rso responsible for this are there two of them who are buddies or what, I just found it odd that in both places there are rso's very close to her and the backpack location...

Search for missing girl Jessica Ridgeway moves to Superior with backpack discovery

Searchers desperate for a clue in the disappearance of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway got one Sunday on the sidewalk of a Superior subdivision. The child's abandoned or tossed backpack and water bottle were found more than 6 miles from where she was last seen.

"Obviously, it gives the investigation something to go on," said Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso.

He said the distance from Jessica's home to the Rock Creek subdivision in Superior should not be a consideration, though it expands the scope of the investigation far outside an area searched by more than 800 volunteers Saturday.

"At this time, we don't have more information of her being in Rock Creek other than the backpack being found,"

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...ca-ridgeway-moves-superior-backpack-discovery
this article also states that..."Neighbors said Jessica's family has lived in the home for about three years."

I think some of us were wondering how long Jessica's family had lived in the house they now live in...

but I wonder where they lived prior...

MO?... Other locations in CO? Other cities and/or states?

JMO

Kenny Holmes 7News ‏@KHOLMESlive
Police: regarding the backpack. We don't know when the backpack was put there. Parents talk to your kids. #jessicaridgeway
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
53s Jesse B. Gill ‏@jessebgillcrime
RT Police: We don't want to focus on clothing. Focus on facial features. #jessicaridgeway via @KHOLMESlive
52s snottingham ‏@snottinghamcnn
Police asking public to focus on facial features of #jessicaridgeway. Say there is a good chance she has changed clothes.

Fairly large group (125) open area search.

Hwy 128 to hwy 93 include Eldorado Canyon, and US ?36?. It makes a triangle.

I'm puzzled by the backpack being found six miles from where Jessica was last seen.

I wish we knew the condition of the backpack, i.e., was it neatly placed on the sidewalk or did it look as it if had been tossed from a car.

I also wish we knew if someone found the backpack first, and then left it where it was later found.

Is the abductor toying with LE, trying a bit of misdirection?

There seems to be no logical explanation for the backpack to be found in a residential neighborhood six miles from where Jessica lives.:waitasec:

RE: There seems to be no logical explanation for the backpack to be found in a residential neighborhood six miles from where Jessica lives

Marilynilpa, imo, the backpack was discarded in a neighborhood/subdivision where it is common for children to play, as well as in another police jurisdiction to prevent connecting the dots by investigators; jurisdictional linkage blindness.
Location in Boulder County, Colorado ... Superior, where Jessica Ridgeway's backpack was located is a Statutory Town in Boulder and Jefferson counties.

Westminster is a Home Rule Municipality in Adams, and Jefferson counties in Colorado..

? about changing clothes.

Answer: Likelihood is she might have a different jacket on, etc. Don't focus on clothing.

Not asking for volunteer searches...only need volunteers to put up flyers.

Something about Rock Creek subdivision.

Not addressing the backpack or the contents due to teh investigation.

I wondering if the suspect has ties to the area where he/she left the backpack. Maybe lives in the area. Maybe he is not toying with LE but got rid of her belongings before he went home.

The FBI should tell the public what to look for. Example..Person might have scratches on him. Person came home late possibly around 1am. Person had cleaned his car. IDK...

:praying: Prayers for Jessica

I think its someone in her own neighborhood and i think Jessica will be close to home The bag was tossed out as a decoy JMO!

They aren't going to release a picture of the backpack.

We need big brother watching!
Something has t be done to stop our chidren from being taken!

Kenny Holmes 7News ‏@KHOLMESlive
Police: regarding the backpack. We don't know when the backpack was put there. Parents talk to your kids. #jessicaridgeway
53s Jesse B. Gill ‏@jessebgillcrime
RT Police: We don't want to focus on clothing. Focus on facial features. #jessicaridgeway via @KHOLMESlive
52s snottingham ‏@snottinghamcnn
Police asking public to focus on facial features of #jessicaridgeway. Say there is a good chance she has changed clothes.

Good chance she changed clothes??

Someone brought up last night that maybe there was clothing in the backpack.... makes me wonder....

The backpack turning up within a few miles tells me the person who took her is local, not someone passing through, or someone who took her out of state quickly. That is about all I can think of, except that it is not a good sign to me, i.e. if the person is still there locally, and is in "getting rid of evidence"mode.

BBM

That's what I came up with, too. He didn't snatch Jessica and hit the highway out of state, he was around long enough to drop off the backpack. So to me that means local as opposed to passing through. JMO

ETA: Unless there was an accomplice who planted the backpack, but I'm going with statistics and assume the abductor is working solo.

No individuals of focus. No POI at this time.

News conference says they're going to search the open space from the Rock Creek subdivision where the backpack was found out to Hwy 93. The area they are searching looks like it will span open space from CO 128 north to Hwy 36. It will also move west into Eldorado Canyon, which is west of Hwy 93.

The backpack turning up within a few miles tells me the person who took her is local, not someone passing through, or someone who took her out of state quickly. That is about all I can think of, except that it is not a good sign to me, i.e. if the person is still there locally, and is in "getting rid of evidence"mode.
Agree. That road is...I mean it has a good amount of traffic, but really only for people who live in those areas. All that is in that direct area are subdivions and the open space.
For example, I only use it when I go to Target (right off of 36 and McCaslin) and then need I go to the mall so I don't have to deal with the highway. The mall is in the Interlocken area, which is not too far from where she went missing. The road is winding, though, hilly, and has a lower speed limit-like 35-45 and much less convienent than the highway for nonlocals. I guess my point is that only someone who lives in this area would use the road. A passer through would not go out of their way to get to it or even realize it was there.
The open space area off the road where the backpack was found is massive. But it isn't wooded-it is hilly praire land.

http://www.livesecure.org/10-saftey-tips-every-parent-should-know/

FYI-

Saftey Tips Every Parent Should Know
By Dr. Clint Van Zandt - Retired FBI BAU - victim of abduction as a child...
Information vital to the safety of your children.

1. THE KEY IS COMMUNICATION
It is important to talk openly with your children about all safety issues, including what to do in a potential abduction situation.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Talk to your children about the rules pertaining to strangers. Let them know a stranger or predator looks just like any other person and will use any number of ways to lure a child. Remember, the vast number of children who are victimized know their assailants.

COMMON PREDATOR LURES
Pretending to look for a lost pet; asking the child for directions; giving or promising candy or money if the child will go to their car; and threatening to hurt family members if the child does not comply. It’s time for your child to run!

Never label clothing, backpacks, or other personal items with your child’s name.

read more-

Yeah, I wondered last night if her clothes were in the bag and now I really wonder...why else to make a special point about her clothing this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6