CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
What astounds me is the apparent composure, even perhaps cockiness:dunno: , that he seems to be showing now. At 17, you would expect some kind of emotion to be evident. You wouldn't expect him to be making eye contact with Jessica's family. You wouldn't expect him to be concerned about his appearance.

He is not behaving 'normally', which just shows that he's not.
:moo:

If you can kidnap, hogtie, strangle/murder, dismember, throw away, save parts of a 10 year old little girl, why would you have any problem looking her family in the eye??

They didn't look in the dryer or the crawl space because everything, in a cursory glance, appeared fine. What more would you expect from officers taking a walk-through in a presumed innocent residence?

Jessica's backpack and clothing were left in a different neighborhood on Saturday evening. It's generally assumed that she was no longer alive at that time, and stats support the idea that abducted children rarely survive for more than 2 hours after abduction (which happened at 8:30 am). Do you really think that Jessica was still alive whe police visited the neighborhood homes?

Sounds like the same thing that happened to Jessica Lunsford. Police thought everything was fine, so they didn't check the closet. Jessica was still alive, but she was murdered shortly afterwards.

Where did I say that I think Jessica Ridgeway was alive when they searched the house? :waitasec:

Welcome to Websleuths, EmilyB!
:welcome:

PLEASE JOIN US BY REGISTERING, 100 GUESTS READING HERE! :)

I don't really see the point of searching a house, if they are not truly going to really search it, from top to bottom. Otherwise, it's like they are just trying to see who allows it. In which case, that did not work, since they allegedly "searched" his house and found nothing of interest.

I don't see there being an accomplice in any way. The one consistent thing we have heard is that this guy is always seen alone.

Anyone that refuses the DNA test comes under suspicion. While they are there they can have a look around, again to trigger any response. Doubtful they will find a blood soaked carpet in the living room of course. If he was in fact in the 500 sample pool they were working through, they may have only been hours or days away from getting to his sample.

High school classmates and neighbors stated that Austin was always alone and was never seen with friends.

He did have friends though. There are pictures of him with friends/girlfriend. There are the youtube videos (they've since been removed) of him goofing around with friends, and one of his neighbors was a "lifelong" friend of his (as posted on this friend's FB page, which has since been removed because media got a hold of it and aired clips from his page on the news) and other friends piped up on this guy's FB saying that they were friends of AS as well and "couldn't believe he could do something like this".

He may have had that "loner/weird look", but he did have friends.

I don't see where it says anywhere they LE ever "searched the house". What I read is that they had interviewed AS previously.

The Judge has issued a gag order.......no more police info for awhile.

Might you link where it is verified that the judge issued a gag order.. Below are TWO DIFFERENT SOURCES VIA MSM stating the opposite in that the defense asked for a gag order BUT THE JUDGE DENIED AND DID NOT ISSUE A GAG ORDER..

TIA:)
In court, the defense asked the judge to put all documents in the case under seal and issue a gag order in the case. The judge agreed to seal the documents, but did not issue a gag order.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-murder-austin-sigg-appears-in-court-thursday

In court, the defense asked the judge to put all documents in the case under seal and issue a gag order in the case. The judge agreed to seal the documents, but did not issue a gag order.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/jessica-ridgeway-murder-suspect-austin-sigg-calm-court/story?id=17558599

If LE suspected him/were on to him weeks ago, I am wondering why they:

1. Didn't rush his DNA through the database.
2. Didn't get a search warrant to search his house more in-depth. Maybe they would, you know, find Jessica's body.
3. Let a dangerous predator who committed a first-degree murder of a child he didn't even know live among the people of Denver for weeks.

I don't think they would have taken his DNA at the time because of his age.

Here is the info regarding Sigg's unkempt cats:

Trying to keep up here so maybe this has already been posted, and no offense to you, Wondergirl, but I call BS on this caller's story.

No cat that gets into a yard with a big dog needs human assistance to get out, unless that cat is very sick and enfeebled.

I completely missed that! Or missed one of the 9newscasts. Which newscasts or do you have a link?

I did hear that they canvassed that neighborhood, but not about they didn't have enough evidence to arrest him.

Maybe its just me. But its now reported that LE knew Jessica was dismembered and we find out they knew AS was hinky but didn't have enough evidence for an arrest.....Really?
When a minor aged monster does this type crime and LE thinks they are connected tomthe crime, surely there is something that can be done to keep the suspect from walking around free. Imoo

He did have friends though. There are pictures of him with friends/girlfriend. There are the youtube videos (they've since been removed) of him goofing around with friends, and one of his neighbors was a "lifelong" friend of his (as posted on this friend's FB page, which has since been removed because media got a hold of it and aired clips from his page on the news) and other friends piped up on this guy's FB saying that they were friends of AS as well and "couldn't believe he could do something like this".

He may have had that "loner/weird look", but he did have friends.
Maybe the photos are from church retreats.

People at the junior college, where he had only attended for a few weeks, seemed to have a different opinion of Austin than those that attended high school with him. I find this interesting and wonder if Austin was prescribed psychotropics during his alleged *advertiser censored* treatment. He dropped out of high school during this time according to Nancy Grace. (I know. I know. Don't tase me! :) ) I posted 'alleged' because I think he was probably treated for several mental health problems/disorders.

They might have. THey were looking for a whole person, not bits.

If they saw bits.... I think they would be alarmed. I don't have a link, but I saw somewhere on some news page that they only had her torso.

If they opened the door, and shined a flashlight, they would've found the rest of her body.

Did you see the picture of my crawl space that I posted? You would have to crawl inside there and search, literally. THey didn't have cause, or time, at that point.

Can most crawl spaces be accessed from inside the house?

Yes. I think foundation crawl spaces are typically accessed from the outside but attic crawl spaces from the inside??? I think crawl space definitions vary regionally, maybe we need to ask a local.

welcome2.gif
..EmilyB!!..
Great first post and glad you decided to join us..

Maybe its just me. But LE knew Jessica was dismembered and we find out now they knew AS as hinky but didn't have enough evidence? Really?
When a minor aged monster does this type crime surely there is something that can be done to keep him from walking around free. Imoo

Mother seems cooperative, if they had asked she probably would have complied with a search.

Maybe its just me. But LE knew Jessica was dismembered and we find out now they knew AS as hinky but didn't have enough evidence? Really?
When a minor aged monster does this type crime surely there is something that can be done to keep him from walking around free. Imoo

yes there is. (I am completely confused on what you are saying).

I was saying that they apparently canvassed his neighborhood, but didn't detect him. Nothing to do with his mother turning him in and him still being held at the Juvenile detention facility here.

Just saying his neighborhood was canvassed and he wasn't detected as far as we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther