CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #24 *GUILTY PLEA*

I assumed this was being done already, immediately after her car was found at PTL.

Can somebody please do me a favor-- I'm trying to help shed some light on some of the cell phone, ping, warrant discussions here. There is a list of many of the specific warrants, as attachments, somewhere around this page: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201717&page=14 from Jessica Ridgeway's case which shows how LE virtually immediately secured warrants for every cellphone carrier to show everyone's cellphones who pinged in the area during a certain window (must have been thousands of numbers to look through).... I am trying to find the posts but am getting too sick and upset over there, I just can't do it right now, I tried...I think a link to these warrants will help clear some things up here. (Foxfire, you were there during the ARS verdict, you know what I'm talking about...)TIA

*warning, it is extremely graphic over there. Do not go over there unless you are willing to be scarred for life. :( That's why I say someone should go over there who has already been over there and can "handle it", know what I mean.

Here you go. It is the first warrant listed on the top link.

I found a lot of documents (search warrants and arrest affidavits) here that I haven't seen yet. They were just unsealed recently, because the court lifted the ban on pretrial publicity.

http://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/District/Case_Details.cfm?Case_ID=272

Here's the document where the judge allows the media to film the hearing. Only one TV camera and one photographer allowed.

http://www.courts.state.co.us/userf...rson/12CR2899/Sigg EMC Order (Sentencing).pdf

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I assumed this was being done already, immediately after her car was found at PTL.

Can somebody please do me a favor-- I'm trying to help shed some light on some of the cell phone, ping, warrant discussions here. There is a list of many of the specific warrants, as attachments, somewhere around this page: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201717&page=14 from Jessica Ridgeway's case which shows how LE virtually immediately secured warrants for every cellphone carrier to show everyone's cellphones who pinged in the area during a certain window (must have been thousands of numbers to look through).... I am trying to find the posts but am getting too sick and upset over there, I just can't do it right now, I tried...I think a link to these warrants will help clear some things up here. (Foxfire, you were there during the ARS verdict, you know what I'm talking about...)TIA

*warning, it is extremely graphic over there. Do not go over there unless you are willing to be scarred for life. :( That's why I say someone should go over there who has already been over there and can "handle it", know what I mean.

Here it is. It is the first warrant listed on top link.

I found a lot of documents (search warrants and arrest affidavits) here that I haven't seen yet. They were just unsealed recently, because the court lifted the ban on pretrial publicity.

http://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/District/Case_Details.cfm?Case_ID=272

Here's the document where the judge allows the media to film the hearing. Only one TV camera and one photographer allowed.

http://www.courts.state.co.us/userf...rson/12CR2899/Sigg EMC Order (Sentencing).pdf

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Hi, Gang -- Just browsing through, catching up... I got caught up in some of the filmed courtroom testimony where the psychologist for the State was being questioned by the ADA about her review of LE's conversations w/Sigg, her time with him, etc., etc.

I noticed, as I did the 1st time, the female atty or asst to Sigg's left where he was seated with his female def atty on his right. He and the asst (who was attractive, IMO) were whispering -- he may have been answering or asking questions of her, etc., etc., and he was looking at her, and I noticed at times his breathing would become quick or rushed, etc. I couldn't help but wonder if he was thinking about what he would like to do to her... I just couldn't help it, and I'm not about to apologize for those thoughts. I saw a look on him more than once that made me think so, again & again & again. I don't think I was wrong. :furious:

The name Bundy, Bundy, Bundy, Bundy would not go away. I have said all along that we were seeing a young Ted Bundy right there before our eyes. A monster who would only become more slick at what he did, more daring, and, if possible, more cruel, clever, and more sadistic.

I hope they have him locked :behindbar up TIGHT. He is one sick monster. And he's not the only one, and he won't be the last. :fuse:

rant over for now:rant:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...-killed-jessica-ridgeway-moved-out?source=rss

"Austin Sigg, who killed Jessica Ridgeway, moved to out-of-state prison."

WTH? Is he so well known and prolly hated that the state of Colorado is not big enuff?? For his safety, huh? Let 'em at him, I say. Give him some of what he gave that sweet and loving little girl. Fear. Pain. And more pain. (Forgive me, but that's how I feel.)

I feel sorry and am angry for the People of the State of Colorado. They are legally required to watch out for and protect him. And what did he give that little girl? Twist ties, fear, and pain like no child should ever have to endure, and her mother and her family never being able to hug her and watch her grow into a pretty young woman. Oh, my.

BOULDER — As the last of 13 startups headed to the stage to present at Thursday's Techstars Demo Day, you could tell something was different about the Lassy Project.

First, Northglenn Police Chief Jim May introduced the company, which built a mobile app to help alert the "village" within seconds when a child goes missing. Then co-founder John Guydon mentioned a new employee: Sarah Ridgeway, mother of Jessica, the 10-year-old Westminster girl who disappeared and was murdered two years ago this month.

Sarah, Guydon said, "wants to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else again."

http://www.denverpost.com/business/...-app-inspired-by-jessica-ridgeway-gets-funded

The home page for the Lassy Project can be found here:
http://www.thelassyproject.com

Someone might have brought this up before, but I can't read through all these posts. I just listened to this story today on a Podcast called Sword and Scale. I think it's episode 3. I hadn't heard the story before, it was so heartbreaking. Hearing Sigg's mother's 911 call was just so sad. I felt so bad for her. But she made it very clear that he was turning himself in, she was just calling. He gets on and speaks with the operator and tells her he attacked the woman at the lake (?) and he had a speeding ticket when she asked if he had done anything before or if he had a criminal history. He really seemed to want to just get the police there and get it over with. He seemed to be having a panic attack and finally snapped at the operator to just get an officer there and he will tell them everything they want to know.

If you ever listen to podcasts, I definitely recommend this one, at least this episode, especially if you're interested in this case. (1 and 2 were really good too, but the ones I've listened to after this case have been less compelling).

I learned of this case through Sword and Scale too. It's hard to reconcile the 911 call of the scared boy, with the knowledge of what he did to Jessica - and not just killing her and chopping her up, but leaving her backpack with her glasses in it out to taunt people! He definitely only turned himself in because he thought that LE were about to match his DNA to the DNA at the crime scene anyway - I don't think he had any sense of remorse about what he'd done to Jessica at all.

Thank god he was caught and convicted, because if he'd got away with it he would have thought he was unstoppable and who knows how many more people he would have murdered over the next 50 years or so of his life.

I learned of this case through Sword and Scale too. It's hard to reconcile the 911 call of the scared boy, with the knowledge of what he did to Jessica - and not just killing her and chopping her up, but leaving her backpack with her glasses in it out to taunt people! He definitely only turned himself in because he thought that LE were about to match his DNA to the DNA at the crime scene anyway - I don't think he had any sense of remorse about what he'd done to Jessica at all.

Thank god he was caught and convicted, because if he'd got away with it he would have thought he was unstoppable and who knows how many more people he would have murdered over the next 50 years or so of his life.

You think he would've been so "good" at killing people that it would take 50 years of murders before LE caught him?

Dear Mods,

The last post of many of the threads which connects us to the next thread seem to have broken links.

Flagging, tia.

5 years after tragedy, Jessica Ridgeway's mom welcomes baby girl
http://www.9news.com/news/local/5-y...ca-ridgeways-mom-welcomes-baby-girl/500820600

:happydance:

“She’s still a big presence in our life,” said Christine Ridgeway, Jessica’s grandmother. “Her picture is everywhere, we all still wear purple. She may not be physically present, but she’s still with us. Her spirit is still with us.”

Snip

“I want people to know that tragedy happens and you can’t just cut off your life and stop doing things,” her mom Sarah Pindell-Ridgeway said. “Yes, it's hard, it's the hardest thing that anybody can possibly do is to move forward, but you have to do it. You can't just stop doing things because your child's gone.”

Pindell-Ridgeway got married last year and on Oct. 15, 2017, Jessica became a big sister.

“(Her name is) Anna Christine Pindell-Ridgeway,” Pindell-Ridgeway said. “Her and her sister share the same middle name. She loves her hands, she recently found her tongue, that's her new favorite.

“She has Jessica's nose, her eyes are blue, different blue than Jessica's,” she added.
I think Jessica would be enamored.”

The family said Jessica is ever-present in their lives … and in the life of her baby sister.

“We talk to Jessica and I think she (Anna) kind of turns her head, sometimes she looks like she's talking to somebody over in the distance,” Pindell-Ridgeway said. “I think her sister definitely comes and visits and leaves her little sparkle around.”

Mom and grandma say they'll tell Anna all about Jessica's sparkle as soon as she's old enough."

Thank you to PhoneJockey for alerting me to this:

State, victims clash over whereabouts of notorious criminals
https://www.9news.com/article/news/...ereabouts-of-notorious-criminals/73-434296319

"Colorado prison officials have transferred scores of killers and rapists to other states and refused to tell victims and their families where they are -- despite a constitutional amendment and state law that were designed to guarantee those answers, a 9Wants to Know investigation found.

Instead, state Department of Corrections officials and Gov. John Hickenlooper have repeatedly refused to disclose the whereabouts of inmates to victims.

The result: more than 100 Colorado inmates -- including some of the state’s most notorious killers -- are being held in what is essentially now a secret prison system.

The findings of our 9Wants to Know investigation into the system frustrated a former legislator who helped write the Victim Rights Act, passed by Colorado voters in 1992 and codified into state law the next year.

“I do not understand how a bureaucratic decision can override a victim’s constitutional rights,” said Jeanne Faatz, a longtime Republican legislator who was the prime sponsor of the victim rights law.""

Snip

“I didn’t think anything of it -- until they had the hearing for the theater shooting,” Christine Ridgeway said, grandmother of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, who was kidnapped, murdered and dismembered in 2012. “They (DOC) said they moved (James) Holmes out of state and wouldn’t tell them where he’s at. I’m thinking, they did never tell me where they sent Austin Sigg. That’s part of my victim’s rights. At least I thought that was my victim’s right. I should know.”

Sigg, then 17, pleaded guilty to killing Jessica, who was on her way to school when he abducted her.

“Jessica was kind of like our cohesive little light,” Ridgeway said. “She was in everything, she was doing everything and was willing to try anything. If you said let’s go to New Mexico tomorrow, she’s like, OK. She was the light of my life.”

After his sentencing in 2013, Sigg and was transferred out of state as part of the Interstate Corrections Compact.

At the time of his transfer, DOC told 9NEWS Sigg’s location was not available as part of the ICC, for his and staff safety. At the time, 9NEWS and the Ridgeways didn’t question DOC’s position.

Three years later, Hoover started rocking the boat.

“It makes me upset that I have to think about where the perpetrator of the murder of my child is before I can travel anywhere,” Ridgeway said."

Austin Sigg, who killed Jessica Ridgeway, moved to out-of-state prison
https://www.denverpost.com/2014/06/...essica-ridgeway-moved-to-out-of-state-prison/

*ad wall, if someone can please help quote, tia.

Why the governor says the 'secret prisons' bill didn't get a public signing
"If I disapprove of a bill, just so we're clear, I don't sign it. I can let it go unsigned into law. When I sign bills, it means I approve them."
https://www.9news.com/article/news/...-bill-didnt-get-a-public-signing/73-545538316

""It would have been nice if we were there. If he made a big deal about it. If we would’ve gotten pens like they get at bill signings," said Christine Ridgeway, grandmother of Jessica Ridgeway.

At public bill signings, the Governor frequently signs his name with multiple pens and gives the pens as souvenirs."

So, where is this ?

Dear Jessica,

Thinking of you and your loved ones on this 6 year anniversary of your untimely passing.

Thank you for bringing me, @perfectingpink and other people to Websleuths, and bringing us all together to try to help others.

You are never forgotten and your spirit lives on here.

:rose:

Love,
Margarita25

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members