CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like LE is more active than ever in looking for Jessica. I'm so please with that.

I agree wholeheartedly. I've followed so many cases here on WS and it's rare to feel so grateful and humbled by the amazing and dedicated LE response.

Speed reading today trying to catch/keep up; seems there are several things popping. I certainly hope good news is just around the corner.
I noted something that may or may not have significance in this case as I was reading. In Thread #3 post #728 - a post about a "bad taste" Tube video that noted the video author. I searched that name on FB and there is a young man that lists from: Arvada, CO., and his Lives: Ft. Collins,CO.
I did not see the Tube video and it has since been removed. Just for what it is worth; may have significance for some that viewed it that the author was from JR's general area. At the same time, kids do "weird" stuff these days, and it may be nothing.
Sorry this post falls so far away from the reference, I was trying to catch-up and see whether it was mentioned before I posted.

anyone live close to the Canadian border? Does Canada check for felons/missing children etc...when you go across the border?

We were visiting my grand parents several years ago in Idaho and they took us to Canada on a day trip. We liked to have never gotten across the border with my two girls. They made us go in, be questioned and they questioned the kids as well. My husband was deceased and they asked the girls where dad was and they told them he had died. They said the girls did not seem under duress and let us go across the border. I can only assume this has gotten better in the years since and they check all kids crossing.

hahaha can you tell that I am not from an area that has earthquakes? We do have tornadoes however...

Please have a look below at the graphic I made. A comparison of the two locations reveals a similarity between the area where the abduction may have occurred (Chelsea Park) and the location where the backpack was left by the perpetrator(s). Note that at both locations there is a fence enclosing a backyard. Additonally, at each location there is a house with one side that faces the street and in which there are no windows overlooking the street.

IMHO, the similarity between these two locations is an indication that the perpetrator(s) is familiar with both of these neighborhoods, and had been loitering in both neighborhoods prior to October 5, 2012.

Backpack_fence_Chelsea_Park_fence_4_zpsf489742a.jpg

Jeffco schools have both a protocol for "lockdown" and for "lockout."

Lockout means that the school doors are all locked and no one can go outside. They may also draw the blinds, though I'd have to check. Other than that, everyone goes about their day as normal.

Lockdown means they go into emergency mode. Classroom doors are locked, blinds are drawn and the students and teacher all huddle together out of sight. It's in case someone dangerous is thought to have entered the school. Everyone needs to stay where they are, out of sight, until LE enter the classroom with further instructions.

Columbine HS is part of the Jeffco school district, so I don't think I need to say more. :(

Colorado AMBER ALERT for 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway is now extended into Maine or surrounding area And possibly be extended into Canada.

Everyone in New Brunswick through to Quebec, Canada watch for 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway=if this is her they could be making their way into Canada -through the Maine-Quebec-New Brunswick border crossings.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPeopleCanada

anyone live close to the Canadian border? Does Canada check for felons/missing children etc...when you go across the border?
They check. Things are much tighter since 9/11. Parents need ID and preferably passports and children need birth certificates. They may also pull everyone in for questioning. It would be pretty risky to even make the attempt.

They have unstaffed border crossings and those are what worries me. We have had perps go across unmanned borders. Just recently a triple murderer from Quebec was found in Florida.

Jeffco schools have both a protocol for "lockdown" and for "lockout."

Lockout means that the school doors are all locked and no one can go outside. They may also draw the blinds, though I'd have to check. Other than that, everyone goes about their day as normal.

Lockdown means they go into emergency mode. Classroom doors are locked, blinds are drawn and the students and teacher all huddle together out of sight. It's in case someone dangerous is thought to have entered the school. Everyone needs to stay where they are, out of sight, until LE enter the classroom with further instructions.

Columbine HS is part of the Jeffco school district, so I don't think I need to say more. :(

Are they in lockdown or lockout today?

They are in lockout.

Though I'd guess Jeffco will have most of its schools doing lockdown drills soon. My second-grader has only done a lockout drill so far (and fire drills, of course).

lockout

Anastasiya Bolton ‏@abolton9news
witt elem on "lock out" @westminsterpd requested no kids outside. parents can pick up kids w ID. no outside play 4 recess #jessicaridgeway

They have unstaffed border crossings and those are what worries me. We have had perps go across unmanned borders. Just recently a triple murderer from Quebec was found in Florida.

Hm, yes, that's probably why he went to Maine. There are several crossings that are unmanned, or unmanned overnight, and the ones that are manned have such heavy traffic that people are often waved through unless they have reason to stop them. They just glance at your ID. I think the license plate photo is automatic.

I didn't see the 11:30 press conference or notes on the media thread. Anyone see it? TIA!

I don't have this verbatim, but NG's reporter said that everyone at Witt Elementary received a notification about a man trying to lure kids with candy in a late model royal blue sedan with skirts on the tires.Thin man with a thin mustache/beard. TWO female underage witnesses.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/10/09/was-missing-10-year-old-jessica-ridgeway-abducted

Anyone more experienced with tips have any measure on how seriously the Maine sighting is being taken? I recall there was also a sighting at a nail salon in Colorado, but that seems to be discounted (can't find the link on that, sorry). It seems like it is being taken VERY seriously, and I think this seems like a good sign it is a legit sighting. If it was "just another tip" I wonder if it would be getting the press it is getting.

What purpose does the lockout at the school serve? Anybody know?

Is it specifically to do with Jessica or to have parents feel safer for the time being?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike