CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know WHY the school is on lock out? Is it because of the guy trying to lure kids? Or another reason?
Do they normally do lock out when someone is trying to lure kids? I know it's not the first time.

Nevermind.

Witt Elementary School — the school Ridgeway was walking to when she went missing on Friday — is on a lockout. A lockout, Materasso said, allows the school to operate on a normal schedule.

All doors are locked to the building only because there are so much law enforcement canvassing the area.
Will C. Holden October 10, 201211:39 am

I'm in MA, which is not Maine, but the word we're getting here is that Maine LE is taking this very very seriously, and that there's information that has not been released to the public. Every news outlet in Maine seems to have tweeted the information...

We had already wondered about K in Wyoming, Elizabeth and Lyric in Iowa...
If they connect Jessica to Maine, then I'm going to be asking a whole other set of questions.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's a valid sighting and that Jessica is alive. I had my doubts until they said the vehicle had CO plates and then I felt those glimmers of hope.

I think most schools have lockdown or lockout protocols nowadays. I know the schools around here are locked down (no one allowed outside) fairly regularly. There is also an emergency lock down, where blinds are drawn and everyone is kept out of sight. And then we have the fire drills and disaster drills. This goes back to when I was in school before things like Columbine ever occurred.

I didn't see the 11:30 press conference or notes on the media thread. Anyone see it? TIA!

I don't have this verbatim, but NG's reporter said that everyone at Witt Elementary received a notification about a man trying to lure kids with candy in a late model royal blue sedan with skirts on the tires.Thin man with a thin mustache/beard. TWO female underage witnesses.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/10/09/was-missing-10-year-old-jessica-ridgeway-abducted

Anyone more experienced with tips have any measure on how seriously the Maine sighting is being taken? I recall there was also a sighting at a nail salon in Colorado, but that seems to be discounted (can't find the link on that, sorry). It seems like it is being taken VERY seriously, and I think this seems Ilike a good sign it is a legit sighting. If it was "just another tip" I wonder if it would be getting the press it is getting.

I remember reading that a woman claims she saw Jessica at a nail salon on Saturday iirc. I believe it was in the immediate area of J's town.
The point was that J was alive and well I guess.

If Jessica is in Maine, are police checking to see which RSOs can be accounted for on this very day and those who may not be?
They're not supposed to leave their state of residence without permission.

We know that the 1 report was from Sunday, but not reported until Tuesday, right? However one of the reporters stated that there were 2 sightings. Do we know when the second one took place?

A lot of ground can be covered between Sunday & Wednesday (today). I'm hoping the other sighting was within the last 24-48 hours.

We had already wondered about K in Wyoming, Elizabeth and Lyric in Iowa...
If they connect Jessica to Maine, then I'm going to be asking a whole other set of questions.

There was a possible sighting of Kyron Hormon at a diner off I95 in Maine about two weeks after he went missing, as well. I know the current thinking blames his mother, but the waitress who reported the sighting is adamant it was him.

I know eyewitness testimony is often mistaken, but it does make one wonder.

They have unstaffed border crossings and those are what worries me. We have had perps go across unmanned borders. Just recently a triple murderer from Quebec was found in Florida.
Where are they? I know plenty of people that would like to know because getting across even to shop has become a pain, not to mention time consuming. There was one on Wolfe Island that had minimal staff but it closed 10 years ago. I thought they closed all the smaller crossings for security reasons.

I googled. Found this. I guess some were still open until recently. http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Unguarded+border+with+closes/7008581/story.html

I remember reading that a woman claims she saw Jessica at a nail salon on Saturday iirc. I believe it was in the immediate area of J's town.
The point was that J was alive and well I guess.

If Jessica is in Maine, are police checking to see which RSOs can be accounted for on this very day and those who may not be?
They're not supposed to leave their state of residence without permission.

And they are all such law abiding citizens. </snark that is NOT directed towards you Woe.be.gone but towards RSOs!>

That's a really smart direction to take. Hopefully they know tons about what each RSO is up to.

Are there any links to the letter that the school sent out regarding the vehicle description of the "Candy Man"? I've seen the vehicle described as a sedan and as royal blue. The car in ME is light blue and possibly a wagon. Both have remarkable tires/skirted wheels in the description, however.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/10/police-girl-matching-jessica-ridgeways-description-spotted-in-maine/

Q:
-What is the actual description of "Candy Man" car seen in Westminster and that the school used to warn parents?
-What is the actual description of car with CO plates found in ME, and when was it sighted (sighted, not reported)?

TIA!!!

And I'm sorry but I feel compelled to say this- Does it creep anyone else out that the name of the town is Dexter?

There was a possible sighting of Kyron Hormon at a diner off I95 in Maine about two weeks after he went missing, as well. I know the current thinking blames his mother, but the waitress who reported the sighting is adamant it was him.

With iPhone technology now, it would be nice if the witness could take a picture. I know that's not always possible and may be an after thought (as in it's bugging me about the girl I saw today as I swear she looks just like the photo of the girl who is missing out of CO).

Maybe there's a picture or video of the car?

I remember that. I wonder about boats or container ships that may leave out of Maine. Possible kids are being sold and shipped over seas to other countries in some kind of human trafficking ring.

The sightings of the car in Westminster were reported by two children. The sighting in ME were by adults. Not sure how significant that is. I had to identify a car recently and I thought I was POSITIVE on the make/model- but there are at least ten different cars that matched the description I gave. I was so apologetic to the wonderful PO- but he said it was totally normal, especially when you aren't thinking of the car, you are thinking about the events surrounding the incident. FWIW.

Where are they? I know plenty of people that would like to know because getting across even to shop has become a pain, not to mention time consuming. There was one on Wolfe Island that had minimal staff but it closed 10 years ago. I thought they closed all the smaller crossings for security reasons.

Wolfe Island is the Kingston ferry? I don't think there's anything in that area. I don't think it's security so much as drug traffic and illegal immigrants.

The northern Maine ones -- I have been told -- had to be reopened because the area is so economically and socially integrated -- people who work across the border, have family in the other country, etc. I couldn't tell you exactly, but I assume most of them are secondary roads connecting US1 and Canada 2, or rural roads in the Megantic-St. Georges area.

I think the thread about the Quebec fugitive has some information as well.

Maine on Sunday makes no sense to me, due to the backpack, as I do not believe she was taken by a group of people, leaving one behind to plant the bag. But what do I know.

I want to believe that they have something pretty substantial if they have extended the Alert to Maine. That isn't something they generally do on a whim.

I dont give much credence to these sightings of Jessica. In every case where someone goes missing there are many sightings of them all over the country.

Even in Laci Peterson's case people were sure they saw her in their area but of course they didnt.

The police are getting calls about sighting of Jessica from Texas to Maine.

This sure takes a lot of time for LE to rule all of these sightings out.

I dont think she is really in Maine but would love to be wrong.

IMO

With iPhone technology now, it would be nice if the witness could take a picture. I know that's not always possible and may be an after thought (as in it's bugging me about the girl I saw today as I swear she looks just like the photo of the girl who is missing out of CO).

Maybe there's a picture or video of the car?

Apparently there was something about the vehicle that caught her attention -- possibly just the Colorado plates, which are VERY unusual in this part of the world -- so that when she later saw Jessica's picture on line, she recognized her and remembered the car.

Also, Maine LE seems to be saying nothing at all about the second sighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500