CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing at all in the email on the listserve about a backpack. Does anyone else find that strange? I could certainly get very carried away with this, so I'll just stop now. But dang if this isn't strange!

The title of the email is Childrens Backpack Found (you can see it where the person replied to the email saying call the police)

I keep thinking back to when the backpack was found. Didn't the bloodhounds track the backpack to the elementary school and then back again to the backpack? Do you think the perp was experimenting to test the ability of the bloodhounds?

It popped up in my head--that he was merely collecting data on what the dogs would pick up--for his own knowledge :(. But then that might just be my brain going to dark places. So scared for CO right now.

I'm glad to finally know how the body was found, because there has been so much speculation as to whether the backpack contained some kind of clue that led to finding the body.

Was going to say this in the other thread......my imagination I'm sure is running wild but between some posters believing they saw legs that weren't decomposed..and the FBI spokesman talking about garages and vehicles.....my fear is that she was tortured and kept alive for several days and only recently killed. I obviously watch too much Criminal Minds. I hope and pray I'm wrong for the poor baby's sake and her family.

I was thinking the same thing, and posted my disturbing thoughts in the last thread. Ugh, I hate to think that this could get any worse than it is now.

NG is saying "we know the body was hacked up".....

LE has not said that have they? We dont know how or why the body was not "intact".

May I suggest extra sticky duct tape ...
icon13.gif

Who wrote the first paragraph that ends in "come and get it"? That sounds odd...unfriendly.

This was covered a lot in thread 1 (maybe 2?). You could prob use the search function and find all those posts for a clearer understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing at all in the email on the listserve about a backpack. Does anyone else find that strange? I could certainly get very carried away with this, so I'll just stop now. But dang if this isn't strange!

The Subject line says Re: Children's Back Pack found. It's just cut off the very top.

May I suggest extra sticky duct tape ...
icon13.gif

Ok, now I'm confused. So I got home from work and flipped on the tv. I had left it on HLN from watching the news before work. NG came on screaming about the found body being not whole. (I will spare you the actual awful words she used). So has the POLICE announced this? Or just NG? Did they identify the body yet? What happened, if anything with the blue car in New Hampshire? TIA

ETA: I quickly flipped the channel in horror so if she said anymore I didn't hear it. Ugh.

OMG Nancy Grace just said that the body had been hacked. And all parts were not there. What has happened to couth?

She has become a "shock jock"...

Of course, only MY opinion!

Every time I see dad my heart just breaks. I can't even imagine how hard this is for him. The reason I sympathize with the dad so much is my stepson lives out of state and I worry about him constantly, I'm not there to hold his hand and keep an eye on him everyday. In every missing person case I've followed I think of him and how devastating it'd be to have him missing. I can keep my own two kids within arms reach and never let them out of site.

Poor Jeremiah.

OMG Nancy Grace just said that the body had been hacked. And all parts were not there. What has happened to couth?

The body is not intact. We know that. To say that it has been "hacked" is rather nasty.

What is the listserv where the "come and get it" message was posted? Is it a community listserv or what? (Sorry, I just started following this case.)

Ok, now I'm confused. So I got home from work and flipped on the tv. I had left it on HLN from watching the news before work. NG came on screaming about the found body being not whole. (I will spare you the actual awful words she used). So has the POLICE announced this? Or just NG? Did they identify the body yet? What happened, if anything with the blue car in New Hampshire? TIA

ETA: I quickly flipped the channel in horror so if she said anymore I didn't hear it. Ugh.

The body found, which has not been identified, is not intact. The blue car in NH is not related, it was a woman with two kids who recently moved there from CO.

If you look at the intro lines of the reply e mails it is clear that the TITLE/Subject line of the initial email said "Children's Backpack Found" that is why the two following e mails have those words following the RE:

jmo

My heart is breaking! Pure evil walking around makes me want to lock my granddaughter in a bubble until......I am not sure I could survive if this were my children or granddaughter. The thought of what Jessica's mommy and daddy are going through makes me physically ill!

The body found, which has not been identified, is not intact. The blue car in NH is not related, it was a woman with two kids who recently moved there from CO.

Thank you so much. I just really can't take rereading todays posts yet. I appreciate you catching me up. Poor woman who moved, she probably had no idea there was a BOLO on her car.

Boy Ng is a real piece of work. Not only does she describe the body as "hacked" but she just added "completely hacked to pieces". To me it's obvious they are saying but not saying the body is missing the head (and possibly the hands, so no fingerprints). Without a head, no dental records or facial ID is going to be able to be used for the ID. I am thinking the delay in identifying her is they are running a super fast DNA for identification. I am wondering if she was found w/ out clothing, otherwise the clothing she was last seen in could be matched to what she had on.....
NG is relishing the talk about missing parts, dismembered parts, on and on. I really think she enjoys talking about stuff like this, as salacious as possible, and no concern that the family and friends might be tuning in and will hear what shes saying. She likes to rub salt into wounds. I feel sorry for NG's husband and kids. Life can't be easy living with her. JMO!!!!

abbie

Totally agree it is tactless. Any details regarding a body or a crime should be treated responsibly and should not be stated in an insensitive way. Viewers are horrified and upset enough without horrific and gory details.

Was going to say this in the other thread......my imagination I'm sure is running wild but between some posters believing they saw legs that weren't decomposed..and the FBI spokesman talking about garages and vehicles.....my fear is that she was tortured and kept alive for several days and only recently killed. I obviously watch too much Criminal Minds. I hope and pray I'm wrong for the poor baby's sake and her family.

One of the commentators on NG (who I have heard before and respect his opinions) stated that this was probably for transportation without being noticed. He thought that might mean the perp would live in an area or close to people who would notice anything larger.

Does sound like the perp is local. I really think (maybe more hoping) that LE has someone in mind. LE knows so much more than we do and lets just hope there's some fingerprints somewhere as well as dna.

All of the above is my opinion only.

MOO, I think the info released in the press conferences is being done at the direction of profilers. I really think the reason they may be delaying the body ID until Fri afternoon is to increase the heat on the perp, thus the timing in releasing the "what to look for" profiling info today. LE knows the perp is likely watching news like a hawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther