CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...do news reporters verify who they are speaking with? Was it by phone or in person?

MOO Could it have been the perp who posed as uncle?

I am rather new at this. So just a random thought.

That's exactly what I was thinking! That would be SO CREEPY.

But I'm guessing it may be a known uncle.

JMO

Here you go!

Mark Boyle ‏@newsanchormark
RT @amandapalumbo: Jessica's uncle tells us the body was actually found last night but police waited to make announcement. #jessicaridgeway

It is a MSM source too! So weird.

I thought the body was found by men picking up trash along that road. Do they do trash pickup after dark?
I could be wrong, but that could be another media misspeak, which seems to be pretty common these days.

So, Jessica and this other parent (uncle?) talked and the plan was that they walk. So, maybe he decides to drive instead (cold, snowy) and therefore had every intention of driving Jessica from the park to the school.

So, she would get in his car, no problem, right?

I wonder if he dropped the boy and went back...

ETA: LE must have thought about this.

I had the drop son off and go back thought too. Just another angle to think about...

Ah Etilema--

I self-snipped the end off as soon as I posted cause it just sounded snarky. Apologies.

Oops, sorry. I didn't think it was snarky. But I'll remove my quote of the un-snipped version.

I'm beginning to believe it's going to come down to parents coming together within their neighborhood and privately hiring people to patrol on every block during the times of children going and coming from school. Volunteers would be nice, but I think that would be met with the mire of scheduling problems...and in hiring there could be background checks done. IDK the answer, but am damn sick of some sickko who has issues snuffing out the dreams and lives of our children...and taking the innocence away of the ones remaining. It's a shame we have to teach our children to be leary of their own kind!! How is this going to effect society as a whole 30 years from now...truly. ??

Off rant....I'm just so mad right now. Jessica looks so much like my little cousin when she was that age and I felt so responsible for her when we played or walked to the DQ.

How far away from her home was she when she was taken? And how far from her destination (Chelsea Park)?

Outside of the actual perp...no one in the public knows the exact spot she was abducted from. LE might not even know (yet). :(

Please correct me if I am wrong, but in the version I read, J was not the only one who said JR went to school. There were a couple of girls who also saw her before school, but not during school. How could several have their days mixed up? Just another confusing thing. jmo

I guess I'm very skeptical of the J/J's dad focus at the moment. I noticed the discrepancy in the basement but wasn't suspicious of it then or now. Remember this information came third hand. Humans make mistakes when relaying info. A small part of the story was heard over the scanner- I am sure Westminster Pd has spoken with the subject at length. They seems very competent and dedicated to this case. I think that the tone here is implying that he is at worst, involved and at best, complacent in Jessica's disappearance. I don't agree at this time.

I thought the body was found by men picking up trash along that road. Do they do trash pickup after dark?
I could be wrong, but that could be another media misspeak, which seems to be pretty common these days.

Depending on which report you read, the body was found 1pm to 5pm.

Also to clarify a tidbit from upthread, Sarah called Jeremiah "Jeremy".

I was just getting ready to say the same thing. J's dad would be the very first suspect on their list, IMO, and I am sure his alibi has been closely scrutinized. If he had no alibi for some reason, then I would suspect his every action has been watched by LE, and IMO that would preclude him from being able to dump the backpack and (if it's her) place Jessica's body where it was located.

Although, 8.5ish hours went by before she was actually reported missing...

I can't find the link to the creepy video of the park where Jessica was found? Can anyone remember what the video was made for, a school project or something?

[ame="http://vimeo.com/9246162"]http://vimeo.com/9246162[/ame]

Is that the video to which you are referring?

Outside of the actual perp...no one in the public knows the exact spot she was abducted from. LE might not even know (yet). :(

So what is the deal with that map and photo we have seen, showing the location of the abduction? Is that just a rough approximation based on where she was last seen?

Fox News reported that the remains was located by a hiker.. Don't have a link, but it has been reported many times throughout the day..

I guess I'm very skeptical of the J/J's dad focus at the moment. I noticed the discrepancy in the basement but wasn't suspicious of it then or now. Remember this information came third hand. Humans make mistakes when relaying info. A small part of the story was heard over the scanner- I am sure Westminster Pd has spoken with the subject at length. They seems very competent and dedicated to this case. I think that the tone here is implying that he is at worst, involved and at best, complacent in Jessica's disappearance. I don't agree at this time.

There is a need for more information to clarify exactly what was going on with J and his dad during the period of time when Jessica was last seen. This doesn't mean they know anything that could help solve the case, just that we obviously don't know everything they do about that morning.

JMO

I'm beginning to believe it's going to come down to parents coming together within their neighborhood and privately hiring people to patrol on every block during the times of children going and coming from school. Volunteers would be nice, but I think that would be met with the mire of scheduling problems...and in hiring there could be background checks done. IDK the answer, but am damn sick of some sickko who has issues snuffing out the dreams and lives of our children...and taking the innocence away of the ones remaining. It's a shame we have to teach our children to be leary of their own kind!! How is this going to effect society as a whole 30 years from now...truly. ??

Off rant....I'm just so mad right now. Jessica looks so much like my little cousin when she was that age and I felt so responsible for her when we played or walked to the DQ.

I agree. But also, at least in my own experience, there are sooo many parents who are very laid back and not one bit worried about letting their 8 yr old daughters and 10 year old sons run around our neighborhood even when it is getting dark and their parents are not home. Makes me crazy!

I don't feel that J's father is necessarily guilty of anything other than shocking stupidity.

One thing we don't know is how well Jessica communicated.

When my kids would make phone calls, often the information I'd get second hand wasn't very clear.

Sometimes when I'd ask if such-and-such had been said, they would indicate that they thought so but weren't sure, and then wouldn't want to make a repeat phone call. They didn't like making calls in the first place (felt awkward) and would be in a hurry to get off the phone and wouldn't have clarity about the discussion. And it wasn't uncommon for the person they had talked to to have misunderstood their intentions.

We also don't know if Jessica was habitually late or habitually a no-show, and if perhaps the other dad was frustrated because his child ended up late (or pushing it) because she wasn't very prompt.

Just speculation about possibilities, of course. But I do know that as a *mom* I would be more diligent about follow-up than my husband, who would be likely to assume she had gotten another ride or something and be annoyed that they hadn't called to tell him.

i solve this problem by driving my son to school, and having him in aftercare until I can pick him up. We do not allow our child, and will not allow our child to wander free in the neighborhood as it sounds Jessica was able to do.

I understand the challenge of being a single mother, and working - financial and time challenges and I have incredible sympathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim