CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
When there was a supposed leak from the uncle about the body being found a day earlier - I wondered if that was untrue but a tactic LE was using to try to get info out of certain people. As in, questioning them and saying we have a body, etc. Did anyone keep those screen prints? Where did we read that?

I read it on Twitter. But I have no idea who posted it, and I didn't keep screens. Let me see if I can search Twitter for Jessica Ridgeway uncle and find it.

Is it for sure the case that they were to meet at the park? Because other statements seem to imply that she was going to walk to J's house, in which case they would have been waiting there. (Although, of course, they could have waited in the car at the park, for that matter.)

I think the only thing making us think she may have been meeting him at his house is J's Dad saying they waited for her but she never showed up. I assumed that he meant they waited for her at their house. Not they waited for her at the park. It would not make sense to me J would get a ride to the park by his Dad, just to get let out there so he could walk with Jessica. But maybe.

let me point out that if WE noticed the discrepancy I am certain LE did too and if there was any reason to suspect J's dad, that the police would be watching him so closely, he'd probably not have time to go to a park and dump body parts without being noticed.

I was just getting ready to say the same thing. J's dad would be the very first suspect on their list, IMO, and I am sure his alibi has been closely scrutinized. If he had no alibi for some reason, then I would suspect his every action has been watched by LE, and IMO that would preclude him from being able to dump the backpack and (if it's her) place Jessica's body where it was located.

It's .5 a mile- 2,640 feet.

We are from Colorado and now live in another active community- kids routinely walk 3 miles just for FUN. Walking 1/2 mile to school verses a longer drive or having to get up earlier to catch the bus- kid chooses to walk- I understand that.
I think we can agree that those on WS are not the type to ever let their kids walk alone (me included- NEVER) but seriously- a 10 year old walking .5 mile is not only reasonable, it's downright short. Kids need physical activity just like adults do (actually, they need more!).

Just my .02, of course, sure many disagree.

I agree, but maybe we can grow from this? Maybe schools can organize parent volunteers to "supervise" designated walking routes? Of course you cannot have eyes on every block in every neighborhood, but if, say, that open space is a common path, parent volunteers could keep an eye on it?

Just ideas...

Angelmom posted this in the previous thread (way back but I'm still catching up):

I glimpsed something in one of the videos that looked like staging :( :( :(

I am not sure I understand...can you elaborate on what you glimpsed?
And what exactly do you mean by staging? Staging by the perp? To look like what? TIA

Why, on God's green earth, would you stand in the freezing cold to wait on someone for 20 minutes....when you could drive your car over to their house (minute or two away), pick up the other child, drive both kids to school (only half mile away) and drop them off at the door? Ummm.....how is driving your kid to the park and waiting 20 minutes a faster and more efficient way to get them to school?
Maybe we're missing some pieces to the puzzle cause I don't see the picture coming together.

Would it have been a 20 minute wait? Jessica's mom said she left at 8:30 I believe. Where are you getting the 20 minutes from?

I agree. If they were to meet at the park, then I would expect the boy to walk there. I think there must be information that we are missing or getting a confused version of. JMO

I agree, possibly we don't have the correct and complete version of exactly how the meet up was suppossed to happen.......

When there was a supposed leak from the uncle about the body being found a day earlier - I wondered if that was untrue but a tactic LE was using to try to get info out of certain people. As in, questioning them and saying we have a body, etc. Did anyone keep those screen prints? Where did we read that?

Here you go!

Mark Boyle ‏@newsanchormark
RT @amandapalumbo: Jessica's uncle tells us the body was actually found last night but police waited to make announcement. #jessicaridgeway

It is a MSM source too! So weird.

MY child and a neighbor would frequently meet at the park down the street. The other mom and I would stand at the end of the block(different streets) but we could see the kids meet and go through the park . We would wave at each other as if to acknowledge the kids were together.

Didn't Sarah describe Jessica's routine as her alarm waking her up at 7:45 in the morning? If so, what's with the 7:40am phone call?

i believe you are correct...along with her saying it was just a typical morning (or whatever word she used)....

obviously not.

Here you go!

RT @amandapalumbo: Jessica's uncle tells us the body was actually found last night but police waited to make announcement. #jessicaridgeway

So WHO IS THIS UNCLE???

OT: This is such a messed up world. One county over from me a 10 year old boy shot his sister 5 times last night and then turned the gun on himself. He is dead and the sister is in critical condition.

What is going on in this world now?

I can't find the link to the creepy video of the park where Jessica was found? Can anyone remember what the video was made for, a school project or something?

I agree, but maybe we can grow from this? Maybe schools can organize parent volunteers to "supervise" designated walking routes? Of course you cannot have eyes on every block in every neighborhood, but if, say, that open space is a common path, parent volunteers could keep an eye on it?

Just ideas...

We have a "walking school bus". I walk and pick up kids every morning, and the school organizes kids walking to school on the other side neighborhood. Is is fantastic.

And yes, I agree. Kids don't walk to school without an adult. Period.

Hi everybody, I'm new to the WS community. Thanks for all your postings and resources.

I'm a teacher who lives 6 miles from where this is all happening. We are anxiously awaiting word from Westminster PD re: the body found in Arvada.

They are doing DNA swabbing in the neighborhood. To rule out/rule in a possible suspect. For some reason they continue to concentrate on her neighborhood (which supports that she was abducted very close to home) even though the perp is trying very hard to draw them away from there (placement of backpack and body part(s).

Somewhere way back in the thread and I not even sure which poster mentioned a truck/camper in one of the live videos - wonder if that person is anywhere around to be swabbed??

The swabbing was yesterday, according to my husband's coworker. Must have been afternoon/evening as well, my husband wasn't done with work until 4:30pm (they all work on a crew together).

Here you go!

10 Oct Amanda Palumbo Amanda Palumbo ‏@PalumboKCTV5

"This is what the girl's uncle told our reporter on the phone."

folks: do NOT post maps of where you think the minor child in the rewind lives. That is a :nono: Also: we are not SLEUTHING family members or anyone that you heard about in this rewind that has not been named a suspect or person of interest by law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member