CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say that I am flabbergasted that J's father spoke with Jessica at 7:40 am to confirm plans for the morning and then when the plans go seemingly awry, that there was apparently no concern on J's father's part to follow up and find out what happened to Jessica? Are we sure that he did not try and contact the family to find out what had occurred? And, if he could not get a response via phone, why would he not drive by the residence and find out for sure what was going on? IMO, if the above is true and accurate they should arrest him for neglect...(is that too extreme?)

Folks, the article describing J as Jessica's "older cousin" is wrong. I listened to the whole interview again, and she very clearly describes him as Jessica's friend. :banghead:

That same article also has Jeremiah Bryant (Jessica's dad) as "Jeremy Bryant" throughout. It's a sloppily written article.

BBM. Should actually be they waited until 20 mins. before 8 (7:40). Not they waited for 20 mins.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I probably did misinterpret that statement, but I don't think it could have been 7:40. It has been stated that the phone call was not placed until 7:40 so I am going to guess maybe it was 20 minutes to nine. School supposedly started at 8:50, so that would make sense.

I am confused. Back in thread #3 some people confirmed the interview with the Mom did not say "cousin". Still don't know for sure.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435039&postcount=457"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435063&postcount=466"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3[/ame]

let me point out that if WE noticed the discrepancy I am certain LE did too and if there was any reason to suspect J's dad, that the police would be watching him so closely, he'd probably not have time to go to a park and dump body parts without being noticed.

Well, it might depend on when the discrepancy occurred. If it's true, as several here believe, that JR was dead on the first day she went missing, possibly within the first few hours, her body could have been dumped well before J had any chance to make a statement or his father to correct the statement.

Why, on God's green earth, would you stand in the freezing cold to wait on someone for 20 minutes....when you could drive your car over to their house (minute or two away), pick up the other child, drive both kids to school (only half mile away) and drop them off at the door? Ummm.....how is driving your kid to the park and waiting 20 minutes a faster and more efficient way to get them to school?
Maybe we're missing some pieces to the puzzle cause I don't see the picture coming together.

I probably did misinterpret that statement, but I don't think it could have been 7:40. It has been stated that the phone call was not placed until 7:40 so I am going to guess maybe it was 20 minutes to nine. School supposedly started at 8:50, so that would make sense.

Yes, you are right! 8:40. I corrected my post. Thank you!

Hi Jules!:seeya:
I also thought he was just a friend, not a cousin. If he is a cousin, that makes his dad her uncle, right? And didn't we hear on Wednesday night that an uncle of hers said that the body had actually been found Tuesday night? (Or at least that -- eek, sorry -- a part of it had, or that the family knew she was deceased by Tuesday night.) At the time we all thought that was really odd, and that the police wouldn't lie to the public about when the body was found. We assumed the uncle was mistaken. Could the uncle and J's dad be one in the same man? If so.... :what:

He might or might not be an uncle.

We don't know if J's parents are married or not, who J lives with, etc. At least not that I have seen.

Say J's mother is the blood relative of JR's family, but was never married to J's father. He would be J's dad... but not JR's uncle.

Obviously I have no clue that that's how it is, but just pointing out that J's father may or may not be legally or biologically related to JR.

Angelmom posted this in the previous thread (way back but I'm still catching up):

I haven't really said this yet, but the very first images of the people taking pictures and viewing the scene from the top of the firetruck ladder made me wonder if there was some sort of staging that they wanted to photograph before they moved or disturbed anything. It would also help them to (possibly) see where any other missing evidence might be.

I glimpsed something in one of the videos that looked like staging :( :( :(

Oh, my goodness. Are you saying that J's father said they waited until 7:40 to see if Jessica would show up, but when she didn't they drove to school AND that Jessica made a call to J at that time, which his father answered, confirming that J would be walking??

I don't think they waited around until 7:40, I think the time was twenty to nine. That would be ten minutes before class began and about the time his dad would say, "well I guess she got a ride" or whatever.

Folks, the article describing J as Jessica's "older cousin" is wrong. I listened to the whole interview again, and she very clearly describes him as Jessica's friend. :banghead:

That same article also has Jeremiah Bryant (Jessica's dad) as "Jeremy Bryant" throughout. It's a sloppily written article.

Thank You!
I was just about to post the same. Jessica's mom calls J "friend"...LE calls J "friend". If there were a familial relationship...it would have been mentioned by them and it never has been. Jessica's mom never refers to J or his older, middle-school aged brother as nephews of hers or cousins to her daughter.

Why, on God's green earth, would you stand in the freezing cold to wait on someone for 20 minutes....when you could drive your car over to their house (minute or two away), pick up the other child, drive both kids to school (only half mile away) and drop them off at the door? Ummm.....how is driving your kid to the park and waiting 20 minutes a faster and more efficient way to get them to school?
Maybe we're missing some pieces to the puzzle cause I don't see the picture coming together.

Is it for sure the case that they were to meet at the park? Because other statements seem to imply that she was going to walk to J's house, in which case they would have been waiting there. (Although, of course, they could have waited in the car at the park, for that matter.)

I’m not great reading maps but it looks to me that walking to his house doesn’t make sense……..that makes her walk more than twice as far. Maybe the father drives his son to the park to meet and wait for her to show up? If that’s the case why not just drive them all the way to school. The whole thing just doesn’t look reasonable. Anybody?

If the map is correct and she and he both live where is listed there it makes no sense for her to go to that park to meet him. It's out of her way and a longer walk just to get to the park than it is to get to the school.

ETA- never mind I had the houses confused on the map.

Also, if J's dad were taking J to the park to meet Jessica, why not just drop J off at Jessica's house? It's right up the street. I just don't get this at all.

Correct-she did not. I just listened to it twice.

Just like they misquoted SR as saying Jessica went out the front door WITH her friend, leading everyone to freak out and suspect her involvement, this was yet another innacuracy in kdvr's reporting.

Hi Jules!:seeya:
I also thought he was just a friend, not a cousin. If he is a cousin, that makes his dad her uncle, right? And didn't we hear on Wednesday night that an uncle of hers said that the body had actually been found Tuesday night? (Or at least that -- eek, sorry -- a part of it had, or that the family knew she was deceased by Tuesday night.) At the time we all thought that was really odd, and that the police wouldn't lie to the public about when the body was found. We assumed the uncle was mistaken. Could the uncle and J's dad be one in the same man? If so.... :what:

When there was a supposed leak from the uncle about the body being found a day earlier - I wondered if that was untrue but a tactic LE was using to try to get info out of certain people. As in, questioning them and saying we have a body, etc. Did anyone keep those screen prints? Where did we read that?

So J is her cousin and J's dad is her uncle? And her uncle wasn't worried when she didn't show up? He didn't go to her house to find out where she was??? This is even stranger to me now.

I'm confused. So is the older cousin the one that was in the taped interview the family did?

ETA - Never mind. I see TreeClimbing just stated she listened and mom did NOT say cousin.
I need more hot tea (not a coffee drinker!)....

OK, drop all references to that parent possibly being an uncle...everything else still stands, and doesn't make sense.

In that new school picture, Jessica looks even more like Elizabeth Collins. The resemblance really is striking.

I’m not great reading maps but it looks to me that walking to his house doesn’t make sense……..that makes her walk more than twice as far. Maybe the father drives his son to the park to meet and wait for her to show up? If that’s the case why not just drive them all the way to school. The whole thing just doesn’t look reasonable. Anybody?

I agree. If they were to meet at the park, then I would expect the boy to walk there. I think there must be information that we are missing or getting a confused version of. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2