CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what if the blue sedan from today is just some poor guy that was just passing by and some paranoid people misinterpreted him. And he's scared to death? Just a thought. I hope nobody takes law in own hands tonight.

The woman that took the picture was on the news talking about it, I can't find it online. She seemed to describe a deer in the headlights kind of, what are you looking at, stare from the guy in the car. Maybe a slow realization that he was being eyed and then took off. I wonder... Maybe he really didn't have a clue?

Video here... Scroll down to see the video of the mother of the boy speaking.
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/13/man-attempted-to-abduct-13-year-old-boy-in-golden/

Here's both pics:

101312abductionattempt-carguy.jpg

101312b6.jpg

To me, the windshield of the car at the balloon release has a more raked windshield than the car from Golden.

Off topic musings: I tend to be an owl anyway but tonight I feel like I'm keeping vigil with the investigators and family. Most of them are, I hope, peacefully asleep but some are no doubt still awake or not able to sleep.

I hope each one of them knows that they are not alone in the night, that there are people all over the country and all over the world thinking of them. Wishing peace and hope for them.

Pretty soon the day shift will take over and there will be dozens of pages' worth of posts to read when I come back. But for now, my little candle burns steadfast in the darkness with one message: you are not alone, even in the darkest hour.

Has a description of the man in the blue car been given, other than he was wearing a red cap and shirt? The mom said he looked right at her, but the reporter didn't ask her what he looked like (at least in the video clip I saw). Also, if he is driving around without a license plate, he's asking to be caught. Pretty sure the police will pull you over for that!

The biggest question for me is the circumstances for how her body was discovered. I am intrigued by the theory from another poster that the perp might not be from the area and thought the spot was more remote than it really was.

That being said, I also think employees of that dump need to be looked at because someone from there would have known the traffic on that road, known the spot and also would have gotten the notoriety they are seeking - and with how the backpack was discovered, I don't believe they were trying to hide it. I think they wanted it to be discovered. This person is sick and twisted and my theory is that the backpack also contained something much more sinister than we are aware of. This person is sitting back relishing in the disgusting and unimaginable pain he has caused the community - forget the atrocious way he chose to take the life of an innocent child.

As for the blue car. Yes it's weird it had no back plate, very weird. But I also think emotions are running high right now and we don't know if this person really tried to kidnap a child or if that child might have been panicking as well, because I'm sure this child is well aware of the present danger in the community.

It's sad that everyone is on high alert now that a child is gone. We need to be on high alert ALWAYS. Once this perp is caught, and I do believe he WILL be caught, there's another sicko waiting right behind him to do harm to another innocent victim.

One other thing I thought of too in terms of the perp wanting notoriety. Not much was said about the backpack or what it all contained. I think it had something bad in it and I think the perp was angry that this wasn't publicized. He then later did what he did to the body and thought, 'NOW I'll get the notoriety'. He was basically one-upping the police.

He needs to be caught and citizens need to stop wasting our tax money on giving them a 'fair trial.' Once we are 100% certain of the guilt, get rid of them. They cannot be rehabilitated and only suck up resources.

I don't think so either.

I had been on the lookout for the garbage truck video. Found it and took caps of the crime scene on 82nd/Leyden.
Begins here- http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica%20Ridgeway%20%20-CO-/?action=view&current=101112i1.jpg

Thanks, Amanda... Based on those photos, the blue tarp clearly is covering evidence on the drainage pipe. I haven't watched many of the videos (kiddos around) so this is the first I've realized that there was evidence there as well and not just on the other side of the fence on the hill.

BREAKING: The suspect in the attempted abduction in Golden has turned himself in. We are working to get more information on circumstances from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office right now. Watch 9News at 6 a.m. for the latest details.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ilike9new

BREAKING: The suspect in the attempted abduction in Golden has turned himself in. We are working to get more information on circumstances from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office right now. Watch 9News at 6 a.m. for the latest details.

That's unusual, IMO. You don't normally hear about someone turning himself in after attempting to abduct someone.

ETA: I'm thinking this may not have been an actual abduction attempt, since the guy turned himself in. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Video here... Scroll down to see the video of the mother of the boy speaking.
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/13/man-attempted-to-abduct-13-year-old-boy-in-golden/

I'm on the fence about this one. The man motioned for the boy to come over, but the boy ran inside instead and told his mother. When they came back out, the man was still sitting in his car and took off after they started taking pictures of him.

IMO, if he were really trying to abduct the boy, then he would have driven off as soon as the boy ran away from him. If the man is innocent, it would be good for him to come forward, but he may not if he is afraid he could be charged for something that could've been completely innocent. Just because he doesn't come forward to clarify doesn't mean - to me - that he is guilty. Hope that makes sense.

However, I am glad LE is taking this seriously and treating it as a possible attempted abduction, just in case.

ETA: Just saw that he turned himself in. Wonder if he is saying innocent or guilty...?

The biggest question for me is the circumstances for how her body was discovered. I am intrigued by the theory from another poster that the perp might not be from the area and thought the spot was more remote than it really was.

That being said, I also think employees of that dump need to be looked at because someone from there would have known the traffic on that road, known the spot and also would have gotten the notoriety they are seeking - and with how the backpack was discovered, I don't believe they were trying to hide it. I think they wanted it to be discovered.

That's an interesting thought - I wonder who decided the crew were to work that area on that day? Was it just pot luck? I know this sort of general street cleaning can appear very random to the general public, but they must have a rota of some description to each area is cleaned on a relatively regular basis. Or, could they have responded to a call reporting fly tipping or a build up of litter? Maybe the perp instigated the search themselves in some way.

JMO

The man in the balloon release photo is more interesting to me than the car.....he is similar to the sketch.

Your link is giving me a 'page not found' response. I have found it the long way around and so posting below in case anyone else is struggling.

https://www.facebook.com/ilike9news?fref=ts

Most peculiar they have turned themselves in - perhaps it was all quite innocent or more likely they are desperate to clear their name before they are accused of something far worse.

That's unusual, IMO. You don't normally hear about someone turning himself in after attempting to abduct someone.

ETA: I'm thinking this may not have really been an attempted abduction. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

According to the comments, he apparently said he was looking for his girlfriend.

Morning everyone,
I think I will wait for LE to comment on this one. I think everyone is so scared and paranoid right now that people end up both saying and doing stupid things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown