CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this guy turned himself in because everyone he knows recognizes his car. That picture didn't leave him many places to hide. Plus, now some people think he may have killed lovely Jessica and perhaps he had nothing to do with that.

I do wonder why he was driving around with no plates, stopping in residential areas and motioning to kids, but we really don't know what happened. I guess we will see.

That's an interesting thought - I wonder who decided the crew were to work that area on that day? Was it just pot luck? I know this sort of general street cleaning can appear very random to the general public, but they must have a rota of some description to each area is cleaned on a relatively regular basis. Or, could they have responded to a call reporting fly tipping or a build up of litter? Maybe the perp instigated the search themselves in some way.

JMO

Yes, that's kind of what I'm getting at. I would like to know more about the garbage truck schedule and if the same facility has trucks that service Jessica's street. This person would also observe kids walking to school.

I keep feeling like this person is tied to that neighborhood, not necessarily lives there, but is associated with it. And I would like to also know this rotation schedule and who was scheduled off that Friday. It could have been someone that frequents that street on other days and knows the pattern of Jessica walking to school.

I'm on the fence about this one. The man motioned for the boy to come over, but the boy ran inside instead and told his mother. When they came back out, the man was still sitting in his car and took off after they started taking pictures of him.

IMO, if he were really trying to abduct the boy, then he would have driven off as soon as the boy ran away from him. If the man is innocent, it would be good for him to come forward, but he may not if he is afraid he could be charged for something that could've been completely innocent. Just because he doesn't come forward to clarify doesn't mean - to me - that he is guilty. Hope that makes sense.

However, I am glad LE is taking this seriously and treating it as a possible attempted abduction, just in case.

ETA: Just saw that he turned himself in. Wonder if he is saying innocent or guilty...?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/attempted-child-abduction-investigated-in-golden

According to this article, the man initially motioned for the boy to come to him. The boy started to back away, so the man got out of his car walking toward the boy. The boy then ran into his house and told his mom. She then ran outside and snapped the picture. I think because he got out of his car, it gave the mom time to snap the picture before he sped off.

According to Mark Techmeyer of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department, an 18-year-old went to police and told them he did approach the boy in order to get information on his ex-girlfriend.

The man's ex-girlfriend lived down the street from the boy in the 16000 block of West 2nd Avenue in Golden.

He was hoping the boy would go to the door of his ex-girlfriend to try to get her attention. When the boy tried to walk away, the man got out of the car and started to approach him.

That's the shadiest thing that I ever heard that actually cleared somebody. "I wasn't trying to abduct him, I was just trying to make him help me stalk my ex-girlfriend."

That's the shadiest thing that I ever heard that actually cleared somebody. "I wasn't trying to abduct him, I was just trying to make him help me stalk my ex-girlfriend."

Hopefully, he's all done stalking his ex now. What a brouhaha he caused!

Okay, I admit this is off the wall, but about how far would you guess those houses are from the area where the body was found, assuming you were a reasonably good hiker and were walking as direct a line as you could?

I've had the same thoughts, Carbuff. What an ideal situation for the type of psycho who enjoys watching reaction to his sick creation. I wonder how many homes have a view of the dump site. Even if one had to climb on the roof for the view, it would be do-able. That particular area would provide a voyuer with plenty of young people to spy on as they explored the building or partied there. Im sure that couples have gone there for sex, the place just invites those looking for adventure!

I wonder if any of them are vacant or rental homes. Not that it couldn't be a homeowner. It's a valid avenue to investigate, IMO.

MOO

Thanks, Amanda... Based on those photos, the blue tarp clearly is covering evidence on the drainage pipe. I haven't watched many of the videos (kiddos around) so this is the first I've realized that there was evidence there as well and not just on the other side of the fence on the hill.

In one of those videos it was stated that the blue tarp was protecting evidence from the killers car (tiretracks I would guess), meaning that the police probably belive that the killer had parked his car at that very spot under the blue tarp.

Internet explorer fix for the ad hang up problems, it's FREE!

Simple instructions here
http://www.7tutorials.com/set-your-own--internet-explorer-9

You go to Internet Explorer Gallery and add on tracking protection lists
http://www.iegallery.com/PinnedSites

I only added on 2 lists EASY LIST AND EASY PRIVACY. No problems since adding these on with the hang ups.

In one of those videos it was stated that the blue tarp was protecting evidence from the killers car (tiretracks I would guess), meaning that the police belive that the killer had parked his car at that very spot under the blue tarp.

what has the weather been like in Arvada since Jessica was abducted? any rain or snow? If the tire tracks were fresh it could be a good indication of when Jessicas remains were left there.

Strange story about the kid looking for his ex-girlfriend. I guess police can verify she lives where he says. Harassment charges would be based on the stalking, not approaching the kid, I would think.

It's kind of crazy when I think about it, that people are always assumed up to no good. I am not kidding you, I am approached DAILY in Berlin for directions by all kinds of people. I have also approached others for help. This 18 year-old probably didn't think much about this kid or his age more than that he could have helped him so HE wouldn't get in trouble. They are BOTH for all intents and purposes, adolescents. He didn't use good judgement, but I think the focus needs to turn back to finding the monster that did this to Jessica.

Maybe this guy turned himself in because everyone he knows recognizes his car. That picture didn't leave him many places to hide. Plus, now some people think he may have killed lovely Jessica and perhaps he had nothing to do with that.

I do wonder why he was driving around with no plates, stopping in residential areas and motioning to kids, but we really don't know what happened. I guess we will see.

He may have had a temporary tag instead of regular license plates because he just bought the car. With tinted windows, they are almost impossible to see.

what has the weather been like in Arvada since Jessica was abducted? any rain or snow? If the tire tracks were fresh it could be a good indication of when Jessicas remains were left there.

Good question, however I´m not located in US so maybe a Arvada local could answer your question.

Here's both pics:

Thank you. The color of blue looks different, but then that could be because of lighting or cameras used. And I think what appears as damage to the rear driver's side door on the "Golden" car is possibly just a reflection. The wheels do appear that maybe they're different. But if you look closely at the memorial car, the wheels appear blurred, making me think that maybe the driver wasn't completely stopped. JMO

Agreed. This car looks to be in motion. And the damage does look to be a reflection of the white car in the driveway.

It's not for harassment of the kid it's for stalking his ex I think.

I had wondered that too, but unless there is big history of him stalking her, then to all intents and purposes, all he did was ask a kid to knock her door. Maybe they had a mega bust up and wasn't sure how well he would be received?

Young men don't have the best reputation for thinking with anything above the waist, do they? But I am glad he had the sense to turn himself in and save a lot of police time and resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner