CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced it's resolved. I hope the young man gets some counselling, or has been scared into common sense, and stops stalking his ex. That is not the best of behavior.

No, let me rephrase that. The truth is almost as scary as the thing we thought he was guilty of in the first place.

Not necessarily. Yes, it was ex, but maybe he wanted the kid to ring her doorbell so she could open the door and he could serenade her sweetly in hopes to win her heart again. Or ask her to Homecoming. Or shoot her. We do not know.

Not necessarily. Yes, it was ex, but maybe he wanted the kid to ring her doorbell so she could open the door and he could serenade her sweetly in hopes to win her heart again. Or ask her to Homecoming. Or shoot her. We do not know.

Okay, I might be overreacting a bit. As I said, a nice kid near here murdered his ex under nearly identical circumstances. But if they broke up, and he's still following her to her house, and using a ruse to get underneath her defenses, he's harassing her. I don't care how romantic he thinks he's being.

I'm not convinced it's resolved. I hope the young man gets some counselling, or has been scared into common sense, and stops stalking his ex. That is not the best of behavior.

No, let me rephrase that. The truth is almost as scary as the thing we thought he was guilty of in the first place.

Asking a teenager to knock on the door of your ex is as bad as dismembering a ten year old?

I think you are off base here.

Okay, I might be overreacting a bit. As I said, a nice kid near here murdered his ex under nearly identical circumstances. But if they broke up, and he's still following her to her house, and using a ruse to get underneath her defenses, he's harassing her. I don't care how romantic he thinks he's being.

I don't suspect he thinks he is harassing, I suspect he is feeling pretty desperate. I think the first big dumping is hard on men/boys. I don't condone the weirdo stalking behavior, but most young men who do this sort of thing are harmless.

Telling the harmless from the scary is probably not all that easy.

Just a thought, and I've probably read too many crime novels, but here goes:

What if the "garbage crew" that "found" the remains were not garbage guys at all? What if they were undercover (from now on I'll use UC for undercover cops), acting on a tip? There was at least one article wherein a person had posted a comment that the remains were found as a result of a tip. If police received an anonymous tip, and didn't want to spook the guy they were looking for (in case Jessica might still be alive, and there was a chance of bringing her home alive), then perhaps they sent a crew out dressed up as city workers / garbage crew etc to get a look at the area, and see if anything was there?

The reason I'm thinking this is because I haven't seen / read anything to suggest that the workers who found Jessica's remains were traumatized. I haven't seen any statements from them to the media about what they saw, heard, smelled... etc. I haven't even seen the names of the persons who found her publicized to date and I find this unusual (but I'm not from around there, and maybe my thoughts about what I expect to read / see in the media are off).

Ugh....Websleuths is certainly a lesson in patience. Yes, I have pop up blocker and everything else. Still having problems. Practicing a lot of yoga breathing this morning. Make coffee...refresh, breath, refresh, get cereal, refresh, let dog out, refresh, Grrrr, Grrrr, and Grrrrrrrrr.

I still cannot load the page on my itouch, any pages here.

If it bothers me to think that the perp had her for at least 8 hours before anyone hit the panic button, I cannot imagine how mom and the rest of her loved ones are feeling. :(

I'm thinking that he took her immediately to a place that was isolated and where he was not going to be noticed even if he was there for awhile. I don't think he took her to his home and did his unspeakable acts there, then took her remains where they were found.

I'm more inclined to believe that he did take her straight to the general area where they found her. I'm hoping LE checked out each and every known old cabin / ruins etc, and they sprayed it down with luminol!! In fact, I'm hoping they sprayed as much of the nearby landscape / trees etc as possible for any sign of this guy or Jessica having been there!

If there was a tiretrack over the top of the culvert, I'm sure LE would have made a mould of it as evidence. But tires are very easy to change. :(

There are several old building near the place where her body was found. I also don't believe that she was taken to a house.

RidgewayAbandonedBuildings.jpg

I don't suspect he thinks he is harassing, I suspect he is feeling pretty desperate. I think the first big dumping is hard on men/boys. I don't condone the weirdo stalking behavior, but most young men who do this sort of thing are harmless.

Telling the harmless from the scary is probably not all that easy.

We don't even know who dumped who ... maybe he dumped her and wanted to apologize. (I have no reason to think this, just saying.)

Just a thought, and I've probably read too many crime novels, but here goes:

The reason I'm thinking this is because I haven't seen / read anything to suggest that the workers who found Jessica's remains were traumatized. I haven't seen any statements from them to the media about what they saw, heard, smelled... etc. I haven't even seen the names of the persons who found her publicized to date and I find this unusual (but I'm not from around there, and maybe my thoughts about what I expect to read / see in the media are off).

I suspect the police have asked them not to talk to the media as details of,the state of the remains are not released.

Riiiggghhhttt and so he decided to get out of his car and chase the poor kid? Sounds like someone I'd definitely want dating my daughter (not!).

We don't even know who dumped who ... maybe he dumped her and wanted to apologize. (I have no reason to think this, just saying.)

Sure. But we have no reason to think he was going to harm her, as was implied up thread. Enough harm has been done to this man by calling this an "attempted abduction". I think we need to lay off.

Sure. But we have no reason to think he was going to harm her, as was implied up thread. Enough harm has been done to this man by calling this an "attempted abduction". I think we need to lay off.

That's what I'm saying ... we have NO idea why he was there, except he wanted to see her and it appears he didn't want to call or text her himself, so he asked the kid to contact her and the kid freaked.

THere is one reason to suspect something, though, since harassment charges were brought up -- but I don' t know how serious that was, or a rumor, a what....

I suspect the police have asked them not to talk to the media as details of,the state of the remains are not released.

I'm wondering as well, how often do the garbage crews go through there? Is this a spot where garbage bags are usually placed for pick up? What made them stop at that specific juncture / location when they did? I guess I'm wondering - if this open space is city owned land, then how frequently do garbage crews usually go through to collect stuff? And how far around the open space do they go? I haven't seen anything to suggest that its like a city owned park land (such as in my area, which offer receptacles for garbage).

I know there are some houses in the general area -- but what was the crew doing out there? When was the last time the crews cleaned through that area?

The road had been closed for months until the week before Jessica disappeared - had that fact impacted garbage collections in the area for sometime?

I know we probably don't have those answers, but these are still things that make me go, "hmmm".

Asking a teenager to knock on the door of your ex is as bad as dismembering a ten year old?

I dont think she was saying that it was as bad as dismembering a ten year old at all.

If you don't want all this hassle, right after a child murder, it is best not to try to recruit a neighborhood kid to go knock on your ex-girlfriends door for you. In fact, that's probably always a bad idea. Don't do it.

He said stalking an ex was as bad as attempting to grab a 13 year old. I don't think anyone here ever thought the blue sedan guy was in any way related to Jessica.

Is this the Jessica Ridgeway thread or the 'kid-stalking-girlfriend-possible-abduction-attempt-blue-car' thread?

I have to comment. So many conclusions have been jumped to...

We don't know what transpired. The news said the kid possibly wanted the 13 year old to go to the door to get the girl. Maybe they had argued and she wouldn't speak to him. Mature? No. The kid is 18. Who proved he is a stalker??? It's unfair to make such assumptions without more info.

Jeez, let's not crucify the kid. We don't have the facts. Tensions are running high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member