CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering as well, how often do the garbage crews go through there? Is this a spot where garbage bags are usually placed for pick up? What made them stop at that specific juncture / location when they did? I guess I'm wondering - if this open space is city owned land, then how frequently do garbage crews usually go through to collect stuff? And how far around the open space do they go? I haven't seen anything to suggest that its like a city owned park land (such as in my area, which offer receptacles for garbage).

I know there are some houses in the general area -- but what was the crew doing out there? When was the last time the crews cleaned through that area?

The road had been closed for months until the week before Jessica disappeared - had that fact impacted garbage collections in the area for sometime?

I know we probably don't have those answers, but these are still things that make me go, "hmmm".

On windy days trash can get blown away while being dumped at the landfill to the west of the site. Waste Management, the company that runs the landfill does send crews to pick up trash along Leyden Road (aka 82nd ave). It's probably required by their permit to operate the landfill. Since the road had been closed for months, a cleanup was overdue.

Is this the Jessica Ridgeway thread or the 'kid-stalking-girlfriend-possible-abduction-attempt-blue-car' thread?

We did ask for a different thread for that. It's only been since last night and only been cleared for a matter of a few hours. It'll die down soon enough don't worry.

I'm wondering as well, how often do the garbage crews go through there? Is this a spot where garbage bags are usually placed for pick up? What made them stop at that specific juncture / location when they did? I guess I'm wondering - if this open space is city owned land, then how frequently do garbage crews usually go through to collect stuff? And how far around the open space do they go? I haven't seen anything to suggest that its like a city owned park land (such as in my area, which offer receptacles for garbage).

I know there are some houses in the general area -- but what was the crew doing out there? When was the last time the crews cleaned through that area?

The road had been closed for months until the week before Jessica disappeared - had that fact impacted garbage collections in the area for sometime?

I know we probably don't have those answers, but these are still things that make me go, "hmmm".

I don't know how often they collect, but I drove near there yesterday, and there were garbage bags awaiting pickup. It was a little weird, thinking what could be in there, but I can only assume that this had been picked up after all searched for evidence ...

What??? The guy in the blue car isn't the superior alpha male named Andrew who also happens to be a Quaker???? :floorlaugh:

What??? The guy in the blue car isn't the superior alpha male named Andrew who also happens to be a Quaker???? :floorlaugh:

Well, he could be, I guess ... what a coincidence!! ;-)

I believe we discussed the finding of the bookbag but from what little when know about what was in it I still feel that what I and others believe was in it was a direct taunt to LE and a signature. We are certainly dealing with a devious and demonic monster. Once the bag was found the focus changed from what Jessica was wearing to her facial features. I agree that her glasses and clothing were in that bag. It's like he was saying take that LE! Then the easily found dismembered body speaks to a predator wanting to toy with officials and see his name in lights. I would imagine he is feeling quite powerful at this time.

As he had the day before, Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso urged people to pay attention to Jessica's facial features, not her glasses or clothing. He said specifically to note she has a gap between her two front teeth and a sore at the bridge of her nose where her glasses sit

Read more: Parents plead for Jessica's return as investigators probe Wyo. case - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...rn-investigators-probe-wyo-case#ixzz29I37Swsj
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I don't know how often they collect, but I drove near there yesterday, and there were garbage bags awaiting pickup. It was a little weird, thinking what could be in there, but I can only assume that this had been picked up after all searched for evidence ...

Or that they have a team set up to search all the new garbage coming from that area after pick up.

Just a thought, and I've probably read too many crime novels, but here goes:

What if the "garbage crew" that "found" the remains were not garbage guys at all? What if they were undercover (from now on I'll use UC for undercover cops), acting on a tip? There was at least one article wherein a person had posted a comment that the remains were found as a result of a tip. If police received an anonymous tip, and didn't want to spook the guy they were looking for (in case Jessica might still be alive, and there was a chance of bringing her home alive), then perhaps they sent a crew out dressed up as city workers / garbage crew etc to get a look at the area, and see if anything was there?

The reason I'm thinking this is because I haven't seen / read anything to suggest that the workers who found Jessica's remains were traumatized. I haven't seen any statements from them to the media about what they saw, heard, smelled... etc. I haven't even seen the names of the persons who found her publicized to date and I find this unusual (but I'm not from around there, and maybe my thoughts about what I expect to read / see in the media are off).

Great thought! If that is the case, then I am even more impressed with the police in this case!

Trying not to test my luck here can someone give a brief summary about the attempt kidnapping that was talked about last thread. I'm guessing it must have been in the same area as Jessica. All morning I have been trying to get on and read enough to help me track down an article. All Im finding are the candy man attempts.

Thankfully RedBull Stratos is happening today keeping me occupied. That ad is driving me crazy. sniff sniff all I want to do is read and catch up.

That would also explain why there appears to be a ripped black plastic garbage bag off to the side of the scene. (Sorry for all the back to back posts. I just got caught up.)

Could the black sack be one the street cleaning guys were using to pick up litter? Of course, entirely possible that the sack was some of the litter they picked up then opened to see what was inside

And I would think they wanted the bin lorry left there in case they had already thrown something in that was important to the case

The reason I'm thinking this is because I haven't seen / read anything to suggest that the workers who found Jessica's remains were traumatized. I haven't seen any statements from them to the media about what they saw, heard, smelled... etc. I haven't even seen the names of the persons who found her publicized to date and I find this unusual (but I'm not from around there, and maybe my thoughts about what I expect to read / see in the media are off).

Not saying you are wrong, but we have heard almost nothing from anyone in this case. They really meant it when they said they they will not have the case tried by media. If they were genuine crew I would think they have had some serious threats of criminal prosecution if they dare open heir mouths.

So, either there is some kind of "come and find me" game going on, as has been speculated by many of us. Or maybe it is a haphazard, "I've got to get rid of this evidence" thing, without giving much thought to the results. Perhaps the killer lives with others who would be using the car and just needed to get rid of the bag super quickly, without an opportunity to find a hidden location to leave it?

If the killer did take her to one of those abandoned buildings and maybe left the body inside, could an animal have dragged the body out to where it was found? Has LE been able to interview people who may have been in those abandoned buildings during the time period between when Jessica went missing and when the body was found? (Didn't someone say it was something of a teen hangout?)

Just speculating.

Trying not to test my luck here can someone give a brief summary about the attempt kidnapping that was talked about last thread. I'm guessing it must have been in the same area as Jessica. All morning I have been trying to get on and read enough to help me track down an article. All Im finding are the candy man attempts.

Thankfully RedBull Stratos is happening today keeping me occupied. That ad is driving me crazy. sniff sniff all I want to do is read and catch up.

A 13 year old was called out to by an 18 year old in a blue car. The 13 year old wouldn't approach the car so the driver got out and walked toward him and the young lad ran to his house. Mum popped out and snapped a photo of the motor.

The car driver then handed himself in and told the old bill he was going to ask the lad some questions about his ex girlfriend who lived in the same street, and get the lad to knock on the door to get the girl's attention.

This happened in Golden, Jefferson County

I don't know if this has been asked & answered-b/c I have been having a hard time getting on WS-So I am sorry if it has been talked about
Can anyone tell me of a case where a stranger kidnapped a child they don't know and dismembered them??

I don't know if this has been asked & answered-b/c I have been having a hard time getting on WS-So I am sorry if it has been talked about
Can anyone tell me of a case where a stranger kidnapped a child they don't know and dismembered them??

One case was Adam Walsh.

There were other cases of killing and dismemberment (various cases have been listed in this thread) but most were by persons known to the victim. (!!)

If you have ever driven that road you would see LOTS of opportunities to pull over and dump something or throw something over a fence. Why is it BY A PIPE? Because perp is familiar with pipe location. Just my thoughts.

One case was Adam Walsh.

There were other cases of killing and dismemberment (various cases have been listed in this thread) but most were by persons known to the victim. (!!)

Oh, also more recently Leiby Kletzky.

Although, strangely, the killer himself said he "thought he knew" the victim!

its seems like a rare thing for a perp to do that to a child they don't know-we are looking for a different kind of killer here-JMO

A 13 year old was called out to by an 18 year old in a blue car. The 13 year old wouldn't approach the car so the driver got out and walked toward him and the young lad ran to his house. Mum popped out and snapped a photo of the motor.

The car driver then handed himself in and told the old bill he was going to ask the lad some questions about his ex girlfriend who lived in the same street, and get the lad to knock on the door to get the girl's attention.

This happened in Golden, Jefferson County

Thank you so much. I'm sure many are on edge now second guessing any and everything people do around them. Sad that the first thing the boy thought was get away from him he is a bad guy. Glad mom did snap a picture had he been the bad guy then it would have been one step closer finding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther