CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the backpack was placed near the site of one murdered Boulder County child's home, ( I think for shock value) I hope someone has checked out the possibly vacant Ramsey home 8 miles away for other still missing evidence. Maybe the Magnotta case has permanently warped my mind. :(

LE made it pretty clear, to me at least, tonight, with the FB statement that he had been "ruled out". What more could they say?

Apparently LE saying RULED OUT means very little. :banghead:

the perp vehicle could have been captured on cameras heading between Jessicas route to park/school, to and from the backpack location and the location of Jessicas remains?

he may have put fuel in somewhere, stopped somewhere for other items like cleaning fluids or food.

Here's one thing that gets me relating to the cameras: I used to live in Superior in the same subdivision where they found Jessica's backpack. There are traffic cams at almost every light in the neighborhood. Surely LE has reviewed the footage and run every license plate that passed through within the window of her disappearance and the discovery of her backpack. If so, it obviously hasn't yielded any results. Does anyone here know more about traffic light cams, how long the footage is saved, etc...

I understand LE has to keep details from the public in order so as to not compromise the investigation, but I just feel like there are details that they might have, that if they released, could maybe produce more witnesses?? It is a fine line isn't it? Either way, The agencies are really working hard up here, you can only give these guys credit for all they are doing. The response has just been remarkable. I don't think anyone up here can fault LE in anyway for anything they have done up to this point.

A reminder of Salem's post....

Please move on from the arrest in Montana now. As LE has NOT confirmed his identity, we are on slippery ground here.

The FBI, per WPD, has determined the WY suspect has been ruled out. Let's leave it at that. Please let's get back to Jessica and clues and facts we have in this case.

Thanks,

Salem

Since the backpack was placed near the site of one murdered Boulder County child's home, ( I think for shock value) I hope someone has checked out the possibly vacant Ramsey home 8 miles away for other still missing evidence. Maybe the Magnotta case has permanently warped my mind. :(

wow. not bad. I recommend you submit this as a tip to law enforcement:

www.twitter.com/westminsterpd

Maybe I'm just tired, but this thread about JR seems to have become a thread about Jesse S (the WY suspect). As far as I've seen, there is no factual connection between these cases. At least not yet. Can we get back to Jessica? Or am I the only one who has started logging off, coming back, and skipping 10 pages at a time?

Nope, I'm with you. I just read 8 pages of the same NOT CONNECTED post.

The fact they couldn't do a dental ID implies the skull at least was gone, plus they said she was not "intact".

:rose:
Jessica

I know that.... but Jamie said missing parts included legs, arms, etc and THAT HAS NOT been confirmed. There's a lot of unconfirmed speculation on here stated as fact.

I will agree with others, FBI says no connection, there probably isn't. I tend to agree its a longshot, only because of the timeline and honestly, a homebase near JR. Without sounding graphic, and not knowing what LE knows, dismembering a body is messy work. Big game hunter? Someone able to access what tools needed? A place to do all of it. I can't imagine the back of truck would be the answer and the young girl in that case did not publicly mention blood everywhere or have anyone's blood but her own/perp. Jessica's DNA was had at that time, so if her clothing showed anyone's dna we would have a link between the suspect/victims. They would know that by now.

I still think this perp is local and still around. And no matte what anyone says that guy who put up the FB page and made it look like the families page...there is something so strange about that to me. I mean, I understand putting up a page to get the information out there, but now its almost like he is trying to scam people for donations. Probably nothing, but something doesn't feel right.

I hope whoever did this is found soon. I can't imagine this community having to face this fear every single day for how long. And bring some closure to mom and dad and family. I can't imagine what they are feeling now.

Kelly

We went up to the mountains for the weekend so I haven't been keeping up. (A planned trip, but also a welcome relief to be out of the area for a few days.)

However, I saw the conversation about the biker in the picture on Momtective's post #271 on the previous thread (#8).

The picture was taken along the south side of Standley Lake, where they were searching for evidence. There is a bike lane there but obviously, the police vehicle is in it so he'd have to take his chances with traffic or jump on the sidewalk. The slower bikers among us prefer to stay on the wide sidewalk (I do this when pulling one of my kids in the biker trailer, especially, though I've also biked up that very sidewalk just because I'm a slow biker and the cars seem particularly fast that day). His clothing looks completely normal. Bikers around here either wear all the tech clothing and bike pants, or they have on cargo pants and a fleece this time of year. My husband's bike helmet is a different color, but otherwise he looks pretty similar to that guy when he's using his bike to commute.

I saw that picture on Thursday afternoon, and for me, it underscored the juxtaposition of Westminster/Arvada people out biking, running and walking in their open space with the horrifying reality of a murder investigation in that very open space.

Here's one thing that gets me relating to the cameras: I used to live in Superior in the same subdivision where they found Jessica's backpack. There are traffic cams at almost every light in the neighborhood. Surely LE has reviewed the footage and run every license plate that passed through within the window of her disappearance and the discovery of her backpack. If so, it obviously hasn't yielded any results. Does anyone here know more about traffic light cams, how long the footage is saved, etc...

I understand LE has to keep details from the public in order so as to not compromise the investigation, but I just feel like there are details that they might have, that if they released, could maybe produce more witnesses?? It is a fine line isn't it? Either way, The agencies are really working hard up here, you can only give these guys credit for all they are doing. The response has just been remarkable. I don't think anyone up here can fault LE in anyway for anything they have done up to this point.

theres a lot of hours/days of footage for them to go through, it will take a while before they sift through it all.

I think LE have been doing the best that they can with the information they have and that people are giving them, as much as we want the perp behind bars yesterday we can't expect any more of LE than they are already doing.

I'd be mighty proud of Westminster PD and the agencies working with them if I lived in the USA, hell I'm proud of them for their effort anyway, they have my respect.

I know that.... but Jamie said missing parts included legs, arms, etc and THAT HAS NOT been confirmed. There's a lot of unconfirmed speculation on here stated as fact.

I've read the worst too but won't post it here.

Whatever happend to little Jessica was beyond horrific. I just cannot fathom a mind that finds pleasure in such defilement.

And in this case, we've also got a great big "why?" Why was she left where she was left, in the condition she was left (allegedly)? Why didn't he care if she was found?

Jessica

I would just like to share an article (Statistical Analysis) which I found extremely educational. I'm sure many of you here have already read this, but here it is for those that haven't and may wish to. I believe this study is also on Polly Klaas's website:

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/201253NCJRS.pdf

It has a lot of important aspects that I think, if the people up here, citizens, could read, might trigger something. For example, the statistical analysis mentions that the average age of a child abduction killer is 27. I think a lot of people up here might have tunnel vision bc they they are of the wrong assumption that only dirty old men do these kinds of things. Therefore, they may not be considering younger people as potential suspects, and we could be missing out on leads.

There are many other things too, that were invaluable in this article, as related to this case, such as the statistics about the killer returning to the disposal site, etc.

Here is the article. It is 40 pages but well worth the read in my opinion.
(Unfortunate we have to read such things, isn't it? If you wouldve told me 10 days ago that I would be reading a 40 page article on child abduction murders, I wouldnt have believed you. ) This has been absolutely traumatizing to go through this up here, obviously we are all devastated as a community and want nothing more than this guy behind bars. Thanks to all of you for sharing in this goal, it is comforting. Jessica was last seen only 6 miles from my house. This is all very close to home and very disturbing. I am a teacher with students the same age as Jessica, and I am worried sick about all of them.

This is one dangerous, dangerous individual. Lord please protect us and help put this monster away.

(Sorry for the long emotional post, thanks for listening, I am absolutely exhausted, as we all are up here. An absolutely horrific end. Words can not express. I think we are all changed people up here, as many of you can relate I'm sure. With the FBI suggesting that this guy could be local, its hard not to walk around and wonder if everyone you see could be the perp...its enough to make you lose your mind, I'll tell you.

God bless her family and everyone who knew her. It is a loss beyond words.

Thanks again to everyone. If you come up with something, there are so many smart, experienced folks on here I see, please contact www.twitter.com/westminsterpd and send them your lead. Anything could help get this guy off the street!!!

Depends on how the traffic cams operate.

Some take footage of every vehicle that goes through the intersection. Some only take a photo when a vehicle trips the sensor by continuing to move through the intersection in violation of the lights.

Even if those traffic cams take a picture of every vehicle that goes through the intersection, they would no doubt have hundreds, if not thousands, of vehicles caught. It would take a lot of grind, grind, grind to eliminate the innocents from the one or two who might be guilty.

And that is assuming that the perp does not live in the neighbourhood and would not have entered the area before or after the backpack was placed.

Depends on how the traffic cams operate.

Some take footage of every vehicle that goes through the intersection. Some only take a photo when a vehicle trips the sensor by continuing to move through the intersection in violation of the lights.

Even if those traffic cams take a picture of every vehicle that goes through the intersection, they would no doubt have hundreds, if not thousands, of vehicles caught. It would take a lot of grind, grind, grind to eliminate the innocents from the one or two who might be guilty.

And that is assuming that the perp does not live in the neighbourhood and would not have entered the area before or after the backpack was placed.

Thank you for your response, The PD has sooooooo much information to sort through, just all the violent sex offenders up here alone is enough to keep one busy for eternity :(

After going through the list of violent so's in the area, I am appalled and amazed how many of these guys are just out and about, as I'm sure all of you are too...I had no idea it was this bad.

Whatever happend to little Jessica was beyond horrific. I just cannot fathom a mind that finds pleasure in such defilement.

And in this case, we've also got a great big "why?" Why was she left where she was left, in the condition she was left (allegedly)? Why didn't he care if she was found?

Jessica

I remember an oddly similar case (the perp also dismembered, it was the case of Kenia last year in Denver)... after finally being caught and jailed, he said that deep down he knew he was sick, so he was subconsciously leaving clues, that he really wanted to be caught. I'm not saying this is the case here, but between that possibility, and the possibility of him outright taunting everybody up here, and other endless possibilites, that question is enough to drive one insane trying to figure out. Even expert profilers agree that this question you ask baffles them, that the dismemberment, usually done in an attempt to avoid/delay id, yet her being left in a somewhat public place, though also barren, are contradictory to each other. I have a million thoughts on this but am too tired.

This all feels like a big game of cat and mouse. We'll get this guy, with all the agencies working 24 / 7 on this, and all the publicity. Just hope we get him in time because we are truly in a mad race against the clock right now to get him before he gets another one of our kids.

Jessica

I remember an oddly similar case (the perp also dismembered, it was the case of Kenia last year in Denver)... after finally being caught and jailed, he said that deep down he knew he was sick, so he was subconsciously leaving clues, that he really wanted to be caught. I'm not saying this is the case here, but between that possibility, and the possibility of him outright taunting everybody up here, and other endless possibilites, that question is enough to drive one insane trying to figure out. Even expert profilers agree that this question you ask baffles them, that the dismemberment, usually done in an attempt to avoid/delay id, yet her being left in a somewhat public place, though also barren, are contradictory to each other. I have a million thoughts on this but am too tired.

This all feels like a big game of cat and mouse. We'll get this guy, with all the agencies working 24 / 7 on this, and all the publicity. Just hope we get him in time because we are truly in a mad race against the clock right now to get him before he gets another one of our kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther