GUILTY CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest* #2

the above article states that the father of Kiaya, had moved in with the girlfriend, in her house.......so IMO, maybe this was an act of jealously. just curiously running ideas through my mind- not that it makes a difference.

where is the link to info tha Kiaya has a sister, and sister caled 911, I missed that whole part. thanks

Does this state acknowledge common law marriage? And if so, how many months of living together does it take to qualify ? TIA. I ask bc I've seen the accused referred to as "step brother."

Yes we do, however its not based upon months. Its when 2 parties mutually consent and hold themselves in a public manner as husband and wife.

[video=youtube;NhwSRBc9NSs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhwSRBc9NSs[/video]

CBS video naming Aiden and showing from outside the court

Yes we do, however its not based upon months. Its when 2 parties mutually consent and hold themselves in a public manner as husband and wife.

Thank you. Do we know if they did that?

i think the two charges are probably two different charges and they want one to stick. different states have different ways of filing charges.

Arrest Of 15-Year-Old Murder Suspect Came As ‘Utter Shock’ To Friend’s Mom
June 15, 2017 10:27 AM

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/06/15/aiden-zellmer-kiaya-campbell/

I was shocked when I read this article to see that, not only did they mention his name, but also published the suspects picture. It is my understanding that this still remains in juvenile court until the judge makes a ruling as to whether or not he will be tried as an adult? Is this proper reporting? Or could this lead to any issues with a potential trial? Does anyone know?

AZ's dad could be one of those guys who likes to change the subject when confronted with an unpleasant question.... just a guess. Not at all sure, tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Suspects Dad is definitely over the top.

As a Christian, if the suspect were my child, I would be devastated. Yes, I would call on God, but quietly in prayer. I would pray that my child would find God, repent his sins and spend the rest of his life (even if he were behind bars) serving the Lord in whatever capacity possible.

Dad walking around with a Bible, preaching to everyone will not save his son. JMO IMO Hope I didn't step on any toes by stating my religious beliefs. I respect all people and their individual beliefs.

I agree. There is nothing wrong with what he said; just not time/place- inappropriate IMO. I am a prayer, but to me it is not for public display. I have a really small Bible I carry to comfort me; I do not wave it around and preach to others however.

I do have to say I know from personal experience (with a friend) when there is a crisis that is newsworthy some in the media can be real jackals; camping out at the home, calling nonstop, asking or demanding answers to very rude or inappropriate questions. When I was at my friend's home a reporter actually broke into the house through a bedroom window to try to get photos. That type of thing can spark a major backlash in people. I did not think this reporter acted that way at all, she didn't get in his face, or ask something stupid like "How do you feel?" she merely asked him if he wanted to speak to her/them. I would imagine though that he has been facing unbearable media attention and possibly sees them all as being the same at this point.

His actions do seem inappropriate but I have not faced what he is facing and we all have our limits so I won't personally judge him for this.

Exactly, so where did the media or anyone come up with 'sister'? So annoying that it hasn't been cleared up yet from the one that started that. If you make a mistake, backtrack, own up to it and clear everything up.

Because IMO the sister is the sister of the boys. We've had press reports saying that the boy was a 'step brother' and 'acquaintance', so I think (IMO) the press has reported it wrong.

And, some 'blended families' start calling each other brothers and sisters even when the parents aren't married. That might be the case here.

As for the boy's dad, I wonder if there is some mental illness there. Maybe it's inherited.

MOO

He's sweet?! Police calls to his home in the past.
Someone (many of us) are missing some major pieces to this puzzle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SABBM

Most likely she was not killed by any one else in that house--- there HAD to be a confession , or mountains of evidence before LE charged him. They (LE) have to be careful before charging a perp so that the evidence doesn't get thrown out later , due to being 'tainted' or whatever.
My initial thoughts were that the crime happened at the house ... afaik -- no one outside of family saw them leave together.

But I agree there are missing pieces !!!!

And tons of questions about what the previous LE 'visits' to the house were for.

Any aggression towards Kiaya from the perp before ? And if so-- were his actions ignored ?
I do not mean any disrespect to anyone who could only watch and weren't able to do anything.

Would also like Kiaya's mom's input on the family dynamics.
Were there any fears for Kiaya on the mom's part ?
:moo:

Do we know if Kiaya had her own cell phone? And if so, where is it?

HOw old is the person who reported her missing? This seems like a simple fact for MSM to get right.

Where were the father and his gf that night? Do they live in the gf's home or KC's dad's? TIA

Do we know if Kiaya had her own cell phone? And if so, where is it?

HOw old is the person who reported her missing? This seems like a simple fact for MSM to get right.

Where were the father and his gf that night? Do they live in the gf's home or KC's dad's? TIA
SABBM

Re. the bolded bit : I wouldn't count on it. :(

I think she was visiting her dad, and the GF was living with him . Sounded from what little msm stated , that this was a recent arrangement.
But who knows ?
Haven't heard anything about her phone. Many kids have one these days.

SABBM

Re. the bolded bit : I wouldn't count on it. :(

I think she was visiting her dad, and the GF was living with him . Sounded from what little msm stated , that this was a recent arrangement.
But who knows ?
Haven't heard anything about her phone. Many kids have one these days.

The house belongs to the boy's mom. Kiaya's father moved in with her. That is what was reported in the press.

MOO

"A bouquet of a dozen pink roses was left near the large duplex owned by Kiaya’s stepmother. The girl’s father moved into the home a few months ago and Kiaya visited occasionally, neighbors said. “She was just a sweet girl,” one woman said."

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/09/thornton-police-death-investigation/

Trying to catch up and coming up short. Any particular stories/links I must not miss?

I was shocked when I read this article to see that, not only did they mention his name, but also published the suspects picture. It is my understanding that this still remains in juvenile court until the judge makes a ruling as to whether or not he will be tried as an adult? Is this proper reporting? Or could this lead to any issues with a potential trial? Does anyone know?

it would not not surprise me if the judge is irate that the name is being published. It is also in the video at this site, saying "because he was named in court" http://www.9news.com/news/crime/tee...ree-murder-in-kiaya-campbells-death/449027438

Before we get too intense with sleuthing, I suggest we ask for mod approval.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back