CO CO - Oakey 'Al' Kite, 53, Aurora, 22 May 2004

gaia227, Thank you for starting this thread. I watched this case featured on Cold Case Files or something similar about a year ago. I am very struck with the resemblence of the composite to "Clark Rockefeller" so I sleuthed CR and found similarities to the perp in this case.

1) Romania accent....CR speaks russian
2) Banking industry connection/Wells Fargo.....One of CR's identities was an
investment banker.
3) Renting a room........CR alledgedly rented from a missing CA couple. The husbands remains were found buried in the back yard and the wife has yet to be located.

4) May carry himself in a cocky fashion.....self explanatory.

5) Both have an East coast connection.

6) RC vs CR (initials)

7) RC was described differently by witnesses....CR used many alias' and disguises.

8) Possibly curly hair......CR has curly hair but I've also seen pics where his hair is slicked down.

CR apparently was obsessed with accents and also did not like having his picture taken, as if he was afraid of being recognized, according to one of the articles I read. It seems there are some parallels between these two perps. I wonder about CR's whereabouts at the time of Al Kite's murder.

Here is a link to the ?"Rockefeller" connection to the CA case from the crimes in the news thread.

sentencing on the kidnapping is on tru TV right now...2:17 EST

Wow! There are a lot of similarites. Nice catch WM! I think it is definitely worth looking into. I didn't know anything about the couple he rented from turning up missing. From the timelines I see online his whereabouts tend to be unkown for extended periods of time and it is assumed he was on th East Coast.

Thanks for the links gaia! Sandra's case does have alot of similarities to Al's.

CR's (common-law)wife had a high paying job and was the breadwinner in the family, however, with his claims of wealth, investment banking, NASA, etc. He would have had to come up with $$$$ from time to time to prevent suspicions. IIRC she learned of all his alias' and that's when she split from him. She had a job transfer to England and took 'Snooks', their daughter with her which is his excuse for kidnapping Reigh(Snooks). I'm sure the wife was away from home alot with her high position which would give him time to travel about and with his fake occupations all over the country, it is not out of the question that he could be involved in other crimes. He has no SS#, no DL, no Birth Certificate yet paid for his yacht in cash! I think he is an intelligent, suave, swindling flim flam man and possible killer. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn he is connected to other cases now that his DNA is on record. Maybe even Al's and or Sandra's....

Another odd irony in Al's case and the CR case per Vanity Fair article Jan. 2009.

When CR married Sandra B their address was 1 Kite Lane. 3rd paragraph

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2009/01/fake_rockefeller200901?currentPage=5

Sorry if I seem to be hijacking the thread with news of "Rockefeller" as I mean no disrespect to Al Kite, Jr's memory or his family, but I do seem some similarities in these two perps. Very odd.

Thanks for the FBI link gaia!

You are not hijacking the thread at all. I totally see the similarities between the too and never would have made the connection otherwise. I found the phone number for the dectective on Al's case (Tom Sobieski) but no email address. I would feel akward calling him - if I could find his email I have no problem shooting him an email.

OMG - somehow this HUGE horsefly got into my apartment and I am a nervous freaking wreck! Flies and Wasps just totally freak me so if there are weird mis-spellings it is because every few minutes I leap out of my chair and do the crazy dance - flailing my arms about, shaking my head furiously, punctuated by periodic shrieking. I can't kill it - I literally can't hurt a fly - I opened the window in hopes it will fly away home or that one of my cats will get it but apparently it prefers being in here with 4 cats and a crazy lady.

:clap::clap::clap:OMG! You are so funny! I am sitting here sketching and reading and I had to put my charcoals down I am laughing so hard. My eyes are watering! I have had these pesky fruit flies in my house and I wish they'd go away. I Can't just get the 'flyflapper' ( my Granny's term for fly swatter) out to kill them! JUst wish they'd go away!

I'm going to dry my eyes and pour a glass of chardonnay since it is Friday and will reply On topic in a few! LOL!:blowkiss:

You are not hijacking the thread at all. I totally see the similarities between the too and never would have made the connection otherwise. I found the phone number for the dectective on Al's case (Tom Sobieski) but no email address. I would feel akward calling him - if I could find his email I have no problem shooting him an email.

OMG - somehow this HUGE horsefly got into my apartment and I am a nervous freaking wreck! Flies and Wasps just totally freak me so if there are weird mis-spellings it is because every few minutes I leap out of my chair and do the crazy dance - flailing my arms about, shaking my head furiously, punctuated by periodic shrieking. I can't kill it - I literally can't hurt a fly - I opened the window in hopes it will fly away home or that one of my cats will get it but apparently it prefers being in here with 4 cats and a crazy lady.

gaia, There is a 'leave a tip' button on the AMW website. There may also be a 'tip line' for local LE or an e-mail to a local reporter there who may give direction on who to contact. I'll help review the links and see what turns up.<3

matilda

LOLOL thank you I needed that giggle too! Did any kitties capture the fly at all? Sorry to take OT again too but now I'm curious for a resolution in the stalking case of the horse fly vs. Gaia.

LOL Gaia you are too funny. I too hate wasps and flies. Absolutely hate them. My husband walked in the house one evening after a full day of work. He was ready to put me in the looney bin. I was sitting on the couch with a fly swatter in my hand, as angry as angry could be. He said I was rocking back and forth but I was not. Anyway I had one of those pesky flies in my house that kep swarming and dive bombing me. Oh MY GOSH. I was just about to lose it!!! Luckily we got it. However I have always been a bit suspicious of ANYONE that says they wouldn;t hurt a fly. Remember Norman Bates at the end of PSYCHO??? He is in a padded room and there was a fly in there with him. In his mother's voice, he said "I wouldn;t hurt a fly". LOL That was the creepiest movie. So see.... people who won;t hurt a fly really worry me. LOL

Haha! Thanks for the responses. I was out of commission this weekend.

No, the cats never got the fly. I think they were too freaked out by my horse-fly barndance to really care about the fly. At one point three of them were in the bedroom looking at me with big round eyes and all three of them had their tails all bushed out and their hackles up. I am pretty quiet so I think my sudden dancing explosions were a little too much for them to handle.

And yes, YanknRebel - Psycho is probably one of my favorite movies and I remember that scene very well.

I can't kill anything. Especially a BIG BIG fly like that. It is too thick bodied and ......juicy. Oh, just the thought of it makes my skin crawl. Plus, I feel bad.........

gaia,
Contact information: Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Aurora police Detective Thomas Sobieski at 303-739-6710. Denver Post reporter Kirk Mitchell can be reached at 303-954-1206 or kmitchell@denverpost.com/.

per above link....

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2009/02/08/man-posing-as-renter-tortures-kills-homeowner/

Thank you WM! I am going to send an email to the reporter as I said before I am kinda a chicken and would feel weird calling the detective.

Thanks gaia! I know it's prolly a long shot but who knows. It's a great idea to ask Al's step daughter to join the thread. Hope she accepts!

OT Have you ever read the children's book There Was An Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly? It was one of my kids favorite funny books!

Bumping up for Al!

Gaia, I know you prolly haven't heard anything yet but dont' want the thread to get lost in the masses!

BTW- Al's step-daughter actually started a thread about Al's murder a couple years ago. She is still an active user so I am going to send her a PM and let her know about this thread and that people have not forgotten about what happened to her step-dad.

Need your help with unsolved murder... - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing
Community

Hey folks! I am actually the one who started the other thread awhile back for my friend Julie. Al Kite was her step-dad. She is not registered here but I will invite to her. Glad there is some renewed interest in his case!

Hi GeorgiaGirl! I have been meaning to send you a PM for the last week or so.....you know how that goes.

I would love to see Julie posting.

I did send an email to the reporter but have not heard anything......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back