GUILTY CO - Pregnant woman, 26, stabbed, fetus cut from womb died, Longmont, 18 March 2015

She is sick and twisted. How could she just cut open a pregnant stranger and try to steal her baby? Was she planning to bury the mom in the backyard after she bled out? She didnt think anyone was going to look at the 'missing' moms cell records and trace her right there? So stupid. And evil.

WOW! I am just heartbroken that the infant didn't survive. So thankful that the mom survived. I hope she didn't have to have a hysterectomy. We read about more and more monsters everyday that I worry about this world. And it goes without saying that the mom is going to have a most difficult time grieving. I think most of us who have thought about the danger of childbirth has instructed loved ones that "if it comes to me or the baby, save the baby". I know I gave my husband that talk twice. Here the situation was different but she is probably wishing that she had gone and her baby had lived. Who could ever plan for such evil???!! Or even think it would be in the realm of possibilities. My heart goes out to her and her family.

I have a hard time believing the suspect's husband didn't know. There was an injured woman yelling in his basement. I understand he wasn't likely home at the time of the incident, but he had to have been home to get his wife and the baby to take them to the hospital. Didn't he hear the screaming woman in his basement?

Victim could barely talk on 911 call (presumably due to blood loss). I doubt she could scream.

This explains a lot! The crazy women needed a baby that day because her husband expected to take her to a prenatal checkup for a pregnancy she had been lying about. The article later says that she previously had a 19 month old baby that accidently drown. I wonder if that was an accident. OMG, this woman needs locked up in a mental institution and the key thrown away.

According to an arrest police report obtained by the Denver Post, Lane’s husband told police that he had planned to take her to a prenatal checkup appointment when he arrived at the house and found her covered in blood. Lane told him she had miscarried and the fetus was in the bathtub, the police report reads.

The husband told police he drove Lane and the fetus to the hospital. According to the arrest report, the emergency room surgeon told police that whoever cut the woman had to have researched cesarean births, give the accuracy of the incision.

Lane’s teenage daughters told police Lane showed them ultrasound photos of a baby boy in December, the arrest report reads.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...he-answered-a-craigslist-ad-for-baby-clothes/

She had three children with the ex-husband. One of them drowned 13 years ago. She since then got divorced and remarried. She had no children with the current husband and rather clearly was trying to produce one for him, one way or the other. In these type of cases, a woman usually has no children with the current man she is trying to keep. I fail to see as to why that would qualify her for "mental institution."

Congratulations on your pregnancy:)

I wonder what the abortion law there is--she might not even be charged with murder.

I think it could be similar to the Lisa Montgomery case. She was charged with federal kidnapping and murder and got the death penalty.

JMO

I think it could be similar to the Lisa Montgomery case. She was charged with federal kidnapping and murder and got the death penalty.

JMO

They could charge Montgomery with murder because she killed the mother. Here, the mother survived. DA was saying he isn't sure she can be charged with murder unless they can prove the baby was born alive.

I fail to see as to why that would qualify her for "mental institution."
I don't know why you think being sent to a mental institution is a day at the beach.

I'd be happier in prison than a mental institution.

It SHOULD be a murder charge. She killed that baby. Absolutely. Poor little baby would be alive and well in her mothers womb if it weren't for this cruel, greedy woman. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back