GUILTY CO - Pregnant woman, 26, stabbed, fetus cut from womb died, Longmont, 18 March 2015

I wonder if this woman realized her baby had been taken when she called 911?
There isn't mention in the article but parts were redacted....
Maybe she was so in shock from the attack that she was unconscious for a time?
I would think if she was screaming "my baby" that it would have been released.

I am amazed that people still "do" Craigslist after all the crime and murders associated with it.

I can't even imagine the anguish this poor mom is going through, not to mention what her poor baby went through.

OMG

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/19/dynel-lane-cuts-baby-womb_n_6902124.html

The suspect's deceased son, Michael Alexander Cruz, was found by Lane and her daughters -- who were 5 and 3 at the time -- in a fish pond, the AP reported.

The child was known as "Little Mac," according to his obituary. He loved playing with his family and friends, and had just learned his first song, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

http://kdvr.com/2015/03/19/she-cut-...eased-of-pregnant-victim-stabbed-in-longmont/

While officers were at the home, the suspect’s husband David Ridley arrived home. He stated that he had earlier planned to take his pregnant wife to a prenatal checkup appointment, but arrived to find her covered in blood. She told him she had suffered a miscarriage, and he subsequently found a baby laying in an upstairs bathtub, he told police.

The baby was still gasping at that time, Ridley told police. He and his wife took the baby to the hospital, where it subsequently died.

A doctor who cared for the victim said the incision on her abdomen was not random and appeared to have been performed by a person with some level of knowledge of performing a Cesarean section delivery.

So was this baby a boy to replace her son?
Or was this just your typical "faking a pregnancy, must produce a baby" case?

And she does her research on how to do a c-section but doesn't bother to research the age of viability?!
Yes, 28 weeks is viable... IN A HOSPITAL. :banghead:
This baby would have survived had it been born in a hospital. It was still alive. :twocents:

http://kdvr.com/2015/03/19/she-cut-...eased-of-pregnant-victim-stabbed-in-longmont/

While officers were at the home, the suspect’s husband David Ridley arrived home. He stated that he had earlier planned to take his pregnant wife to a prenatal checkup appointment, but arrived to find her covered in blood. She told him she had suffered a miscarriage, and he subsequently found a baby laying in an upstairs bathtub, he told police.

The baby was still gasping at that time, Ridley told police. He and his wife took the baby to the hospital, where it subsequently died.

A doctor who cared for the victim said the incision on her abdomen was not random and appeared to have been performed by a person with some level of knowledge of performing a Cesarean section delivery.

If they baby was gasping, I would consider that murder. The baby was ALIVE.

My thoughts are with the poor baby, the poor Mom to be and her family and friends who love her. Also I feel terrible for the poor children of the alleged perp, first losing their baby brother, now losing their Mom....So incredibly horrible.

I can relate to a pregnant person being "paranoid" over news stories like this, our world is getting more and more crazy. When I had my babies, my biggest fear was SIDS, I went through this with every child, checking on them probably more than I had to (chances were slim), but it sure made me feel better to check. IMHO

So was this baby a boy to replace her son?
Or was this just your typical "faking a pregnancy, must produce a baby" case?

And she does her research on how to do a c-section but doesn't bother to research the age of viability?!
Yes, 28 weeks is viable... IN A HOSPITAL. :banghead:
This baby would have survived had it been born in a hospital. It was still alive. :twocents:

Most likely she wasn't even pregnant.
Her two older children are not from the current husband. I bet she faked the whole pregnancy (as most women in this type of situation do) so she had to produce the baby somehow, someway.
By the way the baby that she removed from the pregnant woman was a little girl. It's really upsetting if they can't charge this woman with murder, cause that baby lost her life because of this woman's actions.

I cannot even imagine the grief and horror this poor mother-to-be is going to go through, forever probably. Will she be able to ever carry a child again after that botched 'surgery' this monster did? My heart goes out to her and her family. :heartbeat:

She wasn't full term... she was 28 weeks pregnant or so.
At that age many babies survive... but that is with immediate medical care.
That is assuming that the baby wasn't injured in the stabbing or beating itself. :tears:

I am amazed the Mom survived. Generally that only happens when the baby isn't successfully removed.
I wonder if she is still able to have children... or if that was taken from her as well.

These stories scare the crap out of me - being pregnant with my 3rd child... an absolute miracle.
I did buy some things used online from other people...
However, they were in a facebook group where others I knew were familiar with them.
There was only a few people I met in person... most I just paid a bit more for shipping.

Also, I am only 21 weeks pregnant now.
All our baby supplies will be purchased before I am far enough along to tempt a crazy person like this.
With my first two pregnancies I tried not to look pregnant in public... these stories had me so freaked out. :scared:

My pregnant DIL is a bit freaked out by these stories now too. She stopped going shopping by herself recently cuz she is really showing now and lots of people make small talk about her pregnancy. It has started to make her nervous because of these horrid stories. My son works the overnight shift a lot lately to make extra income and she feels vulnerable being alone all night. Luckily they have 2 big dogs. :wolf:

I am very surprised this stupid evil woman took a baby that was only 7 months along. WHY?????? ughhhhhhhhh

That poor baby. To suffer like that....there are no words.

WOW! So when the poor pregnant woman was taken to the ER, guess who else was at the same hospital? YEP. The monster and her unsuspecting husband, who had taken the dead fetus to the ER too. :eek:

Watching on NG right now and hearing the 911 call. So this monster cut the woman open and left her in the basement. WTH? What was her plan? Did she assume the woman would just die down there?

How was she able to do an accurate C-section with no anesthesia? I wonder if she drugged her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back