CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The similarities between Roger's photograph and the reconstruction are very compelling. I am hoping for a DNA analysis. It is time.

I have gotten an email from an investigator in the county where the skull was found in 1981. He has informed me now that he thinks this skull was considered for comparison in the Roger Ellison case but the pathologist said that the remains had been in the elements for up to five years making the skull not a good candidate, so to speak. I couldn't help but question him about the fact that the skull was found in 1981...the same year that Roger went missing...but additional skeletal remains were found FIVE years later in the same vicinity and were thought to be remains connected to the skull used for the reconstruction. In my head I am screaming...DNA, DNA, DNA, DNA. This has never been done. Skull found in 1981...skeletal remains found five years later...A pathologist in the '80's stating that remains were in the elements for five years....WHICH remains is my question....the skull or other skeletal remains? DNA IS THE ONLY WAY AND I THINK THIS SITUATION WARRANTS IT.

I completely agree with you Intuition. There is no way to know what might have hastened decomposition, but over the span of 6-7 months (winter through fall) I have no doubt that a body would be skeletalized. There should be no excuse not to rule out this possibility through DNA. Good work. :)

Good work. Stick with it. I sometimes think we here are the investigators! The worst they can say is that it's not a match

Good God,All they have to do is hold up a photo of Roger and the reconstruction you would think a DNA test would be pending immediatly.

KLINE Girl...I totally agree. How could you not pony up and order DNA testing? It is just too close regarding area, time, circumstances, age, height, weight, clothing....... to NOT. The reconstruction and the likeness of Roger is so compelling. That is what I said to the investigator. Are they listening....I have no idea.:behindbar

Did the investigator say that they weren't going to do the DNA testing or were they just really unclear? Did you try to contact whoever is in charge on the other end- who is the person/dept in charge of Roger Ellisons case? Maybe they would look into it a little further and see about getting DNA testing done.

I wonder if they even have DNA for Roger Ellison though? I haven't seen anything about him having any siblings and his parents are both deceased. Hopefully they did get samples at some point.

I will press the DNA issue with the investigator now in charge in the county where Roger vanished from as best I can as a distant observer. Yes, there are siblings still living...siblings of Roger. There should be someway at this point to pinpoint his DNA....ways that have only now become available. Still kind of stunned about the Jon Benet Ramsey case regarding DNA found but somehow more recent DNA from skin cells are more credible...when partnered with blood cells found years ago...SAME DNA. Makes me shudder. Call me zany but perhaps all investigations should have co-investigators that are so removed from place and event that their opinions will always be fresh and different from "the trenches." Oh...did I just describe Websleuths. HA

I will press the DNA issue with the investigator now in charge in the county where Roger vanished from as best I can as a distant observer. Yes, there are siblings still living...siblings of Roger. There should be someway at this point to pinpoint his DNA....ways that have only now become available. Still kind of stunned about the Jon Benet Ramsey case regarding DNA found but somehow more recent DNA from skin cells are more credible...when partnered with blood cells found years ago...SAME DNA. Makes me shudder. Call me zany but perhaps all investigations should have co-investigators that are so removed from place and event that their opinions will always be fresh and different from "the trenches." Oh...did I just describe Websleuths. HA

I think both Robert and the Doe in question would be very proud to have you advocating for them. Keep with it, your persistence is admirable. I am very hopeful that this may be a match, the resemblance and correlation between both cases is eerie.

KLINE Girl...I totally agree. How could you not pony up and order DNA testing? It is just too close regarding area, time, circumstances, age, height, weight, clothing....... to NOT. The reconstruction and the likeness of Roger is so compelling. That is what I said to the investigator. Are they listening....I have no idea.:behindbar
You know fortunately its rare but every once in awhile you run into what could only be called 'being deliberately obtuse' in the investigative quarter.
I hope this isnt one of those times.When you do encounter that you begin to get a feel for why some of these cases are cold cases 30 years down the road.
Keep up the good work! Oh by the way im a guy:)

KLINE, I apologize about the "Kline Girl" thing. Kline Dude, thank you for taking an interest in the happenings regarding Roger Ellison. He needs to "come home", so to speak. Thank you to Michelle and her research for TruCrimeDiary.com. Be sure and check our her site and possibly a bit on Roger Ellison in the future. Any light on a this case is truly a cause to celebrate!!!!! :applause:

The word is that the skeletal remains/reconstructed skull are still being considered as related to our missing Roger Ellison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. This is the word from local investigators in charge. It is hard to sit back and wait for others to perform what I wish I could do myself but must stick with the faith that they too have the drive and way more knowledge than myself to solve this tragic mystery.

Latest information on the search for an answer regarding Roger and his disappearance long ago. This is a must read. "By The People" is the name of the article. At this date, it is currently front and center of the web site but if not...you know where to go.

http://www.truecrimediary.com/

Latest information on the search for an answer regarding Roger and his disappearance long ago. This is a must read. "By The People" is the name of the article. At this date, it is currently front and center of the web site but if not...you know where to go.

http://www.truecrimediary.com/

Thanks for posting that Intuition! And thanks for getting the attention on Rogers case in the first place:) I really hope they do the DNA testing, and soon!

You are so welcome. The sooner the better for DNA testing. I find it really, really hard to wait. Way too impatient!

I found this site doing new searchs about Roger. I went to school with Roger. I too shared that locker with Roger and Mitch. Mitch and I after graduation roomed together for about 3 years after highschool. A lot of miss info about Roger. I was never questioned by the police like Mitch was, never knew why but oh well. The three of us where good friends, we never fit in with the "crowd". I moved there and only attended my junior and senior year at CHS. The pysh teacher was a man, his name was John Pash. He lived next door to the school. Later his house became a mortuary and was seached by a necro team years later but they would not said much about the search. I moved away from Colorado to join the Navy. Have not spoke to Mitch in over 15 years.

Hi Chief79,

welcome to websleuths. :) What do you think about the match Intuition found? Could that be Roger?

Thanks Mischa, honestly I am not sure. I have my own thoughts on what happened to Roger having known him and knowing what he was like. Again, a lot of miss info about him, his life. Things are never what they seem, and that was the case with Roger. Mitch and I spent a lot of times discussing our thoughts on what happen to Roger. I hope he found what he was looking for that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare