CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mischa, honestly I am not sure. I have my own thoughts on what happened to Roger having known him and knowing what he was like. Again, a lot of miss info about him, his life. Things are never what they seem, and that was the case with Roger. Mitch and I spent a lot of times discussing our thoughts on what happen to Roger. I hope he found what he was looking for that day.

So - if I got you right - you think Roger may just have run off to have his own life somewhere? Well, of course every person of age (and of reason) has the right to do so. But thinking about the family and the teacher, who has to live under suspicion, it does not seem right to me.

Hi,

I’m a journalist who has covered the Roger Ellison case for a number of years and am hopeful this new discovery will finally crack the case. Nice work Intuition! Chief79, I’m very interested in hearing your thoughts on the case since you were a classmate of Roger’s. What did you mean when you said there is a lot of misinformation about Roger and that things are never what they seem? Also, you said you hope he found what he was looking for that day, what was he looking for? If you have any insight on the case, I would love to hear from you. You can write to me at lcmpston@msn.com

Thanks,

coldcase1

I'm all ears! Specifically what do you think/know/or in theory..... happened to Roger? You knew him?? Right? Was he dabbling or exploring things that perhaps put him in danger or what? Sorry to pry for specifics but after all of this time what else is there? Feel free to contact me privately, "Intuition", or speak to all on Websleuths on this forum.

Thanks Mischa, honestly I am not sure. I have my own thoughts on what happened to Roger having known him and knowing what he was like. Again, a lot of miss info about him, his life. Things are never what they seem, and that was the case with Roger. Mitch and I spent a lot of times discussing our thoughts on what happen to Roger. I hope he found what he was looking for that day.
Like the rest of us here who have followed this case I apologize for prying but if you could fill in or expand on your statements I for one and Im certain Im not alone, would be grateful and most interested in what light you could shed.
I cant think of a better place then this site to correct any misinformation that you feel has been put out there regarding Roger and his disappearence.

I'm all ears! Specifically what do you think/know/or in theory..... happened to Roger? You knew him?? Right? Was he dabbling or exploring things that perhaps put him in danger or what? Sorry to pry for specifics but after all of this time what else is there? Feel free to contact me privately, "Intuition", or speak to all on Websleuths on this forum.

Hi Intuition,

Any word from police officials regarding the John Doe discovery? I am posting information regarding Roger (see below) in hopes of generating some new leads in the case.

coldcase1

Seeking information in the disappearance of Roger Ellison

Vital Statistics

Name: Roger John Ellison
DOB: 3/11/63
Physical Description: White male, dark blonde hair, blue eyes, 5’11”, 145 pounds
Last seen wearing: blue T-shirt, jeans, white socks, brown shoes, blue parka
Date of disappearance: February 10, 1981
Age at time of disappearance: 17
Case Classification: Non family abduction with foul play suspected

Details of Disappearance

Roger Ellison, 17, boarded a school bus on the morning of February 10, 1981 that took him to Cedaredge High School in Cedaredge, Colorado, a small agricultural community located southeast of Grand Junction. Roger got off the bus and walked to his metal locker, No. 191, in the school’s basement and put away his books while talking with friends. He did not attend any classes and was never seen again.

Roger was an avid skier and a member of the Powderhorn Racing Club. He regularly participated in weekend ski meets, hoping to boost his point status to move into a “B” designation on the U.S. Ski Team. At the time of his disappearance, Roger posted the entry fee for a ski race in Aspen but failed to show up for the race. He also put down a deposit on a dorm room at Western State College in Gunnison, Colorado, where he had been accepted for the fall semester. Prior to his disappearance, Roger was allegedly seen numerous times with John Pash, a former Cedaredge High School wrestling coach and social studies teacher. In 1994, a tip from a former classmate sparked an intensive underground search of the former Pash residence located next to the old Cedaredge High School building which now houses Cedaredge Middle School but failed to turn up any new clues. Pash was questioned but never charged in the case. On the day of his disappearance, Roger was allegedly seen talking to two unidentified men.

Do you have knowledge that might help reconstruct the timeline on the days leading up to Roger’s disappearance? Do you know the identity of the two men Roger was allegedly seen talking to before he disappeared? Are you a former classmate with knowledge of Roger’s disappeareance? Do you know why someone would want to kill Roger? If so, I need to talk to you. I am a journalist seeking information on the disappearance of Roger Ellison. Please post or write to me at Lcmpston@msn.com

I found this site doing new searchs about Roger. I went to school with Roger. I too shared that locker with Roger and Mitch. Mitch and I after graduation roomed together for about 3 years after highschool. A lot of miss info about Roger.

I was never questioned by the police like Mitch was, never knew why but oh well. The three of us where good friends, we never fit in with the "crowd".
I moved there and only attended my junior and senior year at CHS.

The pysh teacher was a man, his name was John Pash. He lived next door to the school.
Later his house became a mortuary and was seached by a necro team, years later but they would not say much about the search.

I moved away from Colorado to join the Navy. Have not spoke to Mitch in over 15 years.

Chief79...I appreciate your thoughts and information. Please help solve this case and find Rogers killer, it's been way too long.. Any little piece of info. you can recall will help...thanks

I find the fact that the pysh teacher lived next door to the school extremely interesting.
The LE dropped the ball on this investigation, when this teachers house was not searched that same week.
The teachers house being searched by a necro team 13 years later was years too late ...imo

A house next door to the school, could answer many questions as to 'where' Roger might have been sent, taken, kept prisoner before class that day...

Common sense tells me IF Roger was going far from school,or leaving for the day, he would have told his friends his plans and possibly not gone to school that day with his books at all. He definitely would NOT have told his friend he would see him in the next class that morning.....what happened, caught Roger by surprise...:silenced:

In February 1981, Roger got off the bus and walked to his metal locker, No. 191, in the school’s basement and put away his books while talking with friends. He did not attend any classes and was never seen again.

Prior to his disappearance, Roger was allegedly seen numerous times with John Pash, a former Cedar-edge High School wrestling coach and social studies teacher, who lived next door to the school.

In 1994, a tip from a former classmate sparked an intensive UNDERGROUND search of the former Pash residence located next to the old Cedar-edge High School building,

but failed to turn up any new clues...What did they expect after 13 years?
Pash was questioned but never charged in the case.

On the day of his disappearance, Roger was allegedly seen talking to two unidentified men.

WOW underground, what does that mean? dungeon, basement, hole, tunnel ????...very INTERESTING!...
I wonder just how much 0f teacher Pash's private life and after class activities was checked out in 1981 ??..Hmmmmm!

Intuition, Any word from investigators? You would think that since they were looking at the possible match since last August, they might know something (fingers crossed) Hopefully the truth will be found out soon!! Good job Intuition what you put into this so far!

Chaddylex:)

Intuition, has the DNA been done? If not, we can hook them up with the University of TX who does FREE dna for cases like this.

Please email me if DNA is not done and I will send you all information to send them..or give me their email and I will send direct to them, whichever is easiest for you.

ETA, I changed the thread title to submitted. PM me if that status changes.

I found this site doing new searchs about Roger. I went to school with Roger. I too shared that locker with Roger and Mitch. Mitch and I after graduation roomed together for about 3 years after highschool. A lot of miss info about Roger. I was never questioned by the police like Mitch was, never knew why but oh well. The three of us where good friends, we never fit in with the "crowd". I moved there and only attended my junior and senior year at CHS. The pysh teacher was a man, his name was John Pash. He lived next door to the school. Later his house became a mortuary and was seached by a necro team years later but they would not said much about the search. I moved away from Colorado to join the Navy. Have not spoke to Mitch in over 15 years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Chief79: Wish you would post some information that you know about Roger. What is the misinformation?
Maybe you could contact Mitch and at least tell the local police and maybe FBI.
Or write LE a letter.

One thing to remember;
a case is only as good as the perservierance and diligence of the detectives assigned to it...:(
Thats a fact.
Cheif79,you obviously have some insight into the circumstances of Roger's disappearence due to your personal proximity to the case.
If you feel there is misinformation being put forth this would be a great place to set it straight.
Even if you dont want to share it with us(though since Roger has been gone since 1981 I dont see what that could hurt at this point) at least your perspective could be helpful to the detectives currently assigned to this very cold case.
Please consider this.

Here the NCMEC link for Roger: http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

and here is one on the UID from the Chaffee Sheriff's office. It is the second entry:
http://www.chaffeesheriff.org/Cold%20Cases.php

Salem

PS - Good Work on this!

This Unknown Male looks much like Roger at age 17, missing from school in Feb. 10, 1981..

Unknown Person Found:

On September 10, 1981 skeletal remains were found in a wooded area near Clear Creek in northern Chaffee County.

A 3 hour drive from where Roger went missing!!

Clothing scraps were also found nearby which consisted of a pair of blue jeans, a green corduroy shirt, and a t-shirt.

A pathology report found that this person had most probably been a white male around 17 years of age, approximately 5'6" tall, and around 135 pounds.

In 1986 more bones were found in the same general area which were compared to the ones from 1981 and ruled to probably be the same person in each finding by the original pathologist.

There were three cartridge shell casings found near the second set of bones.

I would like to know the update on this case.
The reconstruction and Roger's photo look remarkably alike.
Has the family or LE taken advantage of christine2448's offer
of where to have DNA done for free?
I can't imagine waiting all these months to find out for sure what
happened to Roger.
Would the FBI be involved at all? Roger was 17 at the time he disappeared and even though there was no amber alert at the time, maybe FBI would have jurisdiction?

Along w/most WS'ers here, especially Intuition, we are all waiting for an answer if the hunch Intuition had that the UID that was mentioned from the start would give a yes or no answer as to if it is Roger Ellison. Recently, a person named Chief79 gave some comments here on WS about knowing Roger and wondering "if he found what he was looking for that day". If that's not vague, I don't know what is. In 27 years there has been nothing on Roger's case. Then, Intuition made a possible match, reported it to LE, then Chief79 comes along and gave some circumspect quotes. Is that just a coincidence, or am I reading too much into that? Chief79, please state what you meant by your previous posts. As was written above in previous posts, there is no better place than WS to voice your views and theories. Thanks

Along w/most WS'ers here, especially Intuition, we are all waiting for an answer if the hunch Intuition had that the UID that was mentioned from the start would give a yes or no answer as to if it is Roger Ellison. Recently, a person named Chief79 gave some comments here on WS about knowing Roger and wondering "if he found what he was looking for that day". If that's not vague, I don't know what is. In 27 years there has been nothing on Roger's case. Then, Intuition made a possible match, reported it to LE, then Chief79 comes along and gave some circumspect quotes. Is that just a coincidence, or am I reading too much into that? Chief79, please state what you meant by your previous posts. As was written above in previous posts, there is no better place than WS to voice your views and theories. Thanks

To me it sounded like Chief79 may have thought Roger Ellison ran away, but I don't know if I'm thinking right?

Roger had a lot going for him, it sounds like. Why run away?

It was 28 years ago today that Roger disappeared. Somebody out there knows something. Please come forward and help crack the case. For more detailed information on the case, visit my blog at findrogerellison.wordpress.com.

coldcase1

I feel the June 08 lead is strong...and of course
intuition's. And I am betting too that Roger's mom may have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox