GUILTY CO - Stephanie Roller Bruner, 41, Silverthorne, 22 Nov 2010

article updated yet again :(

Searchers looking for clues to what happened to a missing Silverthorne woman have found a female body, but they have not identified her.

The body was found in the Blue River, not far from the home of Stephanie Bruner.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/25927701/detail.html

I wonder why it took so long to find a body 100yds from her house?

BBM

Her body was found in the river. It could have needed time to float.

With those temps I would think the river would be frozen. She might have fallen through the ice or jumped in to kill herself. I think this is a case of suicide since the husband reported her missing the following morning. If he was involved I don't think he would have been so quick to call LE.

Could be accidental drowning also. The autopsy will show if he was involved. JMO

<snip>

Roller-Bruner's husband, Dale Bruner, has not been named an official suspect in his wife's disappearance, but police say he may be taken in for a polygraph. Bruner and Roller-Bruner's brother have both said that they do not want to comment on the body discovery, holding out hope that Roller-Bruner will be found alive.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...horne_Near_Missing_Womans_Home_110880699.html

Snipped............................................

On Wednesday morning, police interviewed Dale. However, they are not calling him a suspect. On Wednesday afternoon, police interviewed the couple's daughter. Until the daughter was interviewed by police, the couple's three children were unaware their mother was missing. Roller said they were trying to protect the kids until they knew more.

The bold above is interesting to me, I would have let my children know right away .

I know he called at 8:00 am the next morning, but it was freezing cold outside I would have been calling and looking for her by about 12:00 am if she hadn't showed......

http://www.summitdaily.com/ARTICLE/20101126/NEWS/101129873/-1/RSS

UPDATE to this story: Early reports indicate Roller has been found, but no confirmation as to her condition is yet available. A press conference is set for 3 p.m. in Silverthorne.

========

An agent of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation is being sent to Silverthorne "to an active crime scene" near the home of Stephanie Roller, a missing Silverthorne mother of three, according to Lance Clem, spokesman for the CBI.

Roller, 41, was laid off on Oct. 13 from her job with Summit County, according to her family.

Bill Nielsen, a friend of the Roller family and a spokesman for the family, said that a brother and sister of the missing woman were going to hold a press conference at 2 p.m. to discuss Stephanie at the Silverthorne town hall. But they were asked by officials shortly before the press conference was to begin to hold off.

(Snipped)

According to court records, Roller had sought a restraining order against Bruner on Oct. 14, but that order was vacated on Oct. 28.

Ramona Roller said that the restraining order had to do with discipline issue and has since been resolved. She said she believed her sister and Bruner were hoping for a trial separation rather than going through with the divorce.

Calling in the CBI, restraining order and telling the family to hold off on the press conference, maybe more to this story then just an accident or suicide. I would imagine LE is in the process of obtaining a search warrant for the couples house. JMO

SILVERTHORNE - Police say they found the body of a 41-year-old Friday near the home of a mother who went missing on Monday night.

Around 1 p.m. Friday, Silverthorne Police began working an active crime scene two blocks from the home of 41-year-old mother of three Stephanie Roller Bruner. The body was found down a private road, on the banks of the Blue River.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=166051&catid=339

ETA:

<snip from updated story>

Authorities will use fingerprints to formally identify the woman. An announcement on the identity is expected later Friday or Saturday.

Search teams comprised of law enforcement officers and volunteers are still being used to search for additional evidence, but they are no longer searching for the missing woman, Hanschmidt said.

<snip>

Around 1 p.m. Friday, Silverthorne Police began working an active crime scene two blocks from the home of 41-year-old mother of three Stephanie Roller Bruner. The body was found down a private road, on the banks of the Blue River.

At a 3 p.m. news conference, Silverthorne Police confirmed it was a 41-year-old, but didn't give any other information to identify the body. They say they are looking for other clues, but did not say if there is any evidence of foul play.

more here

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=166051&catid=339

I'm confused...she was laid off in Oct. but seen on video leaving that same job at 5pm the same night she went missing...???

Snipped.....................................

An initial conference with a family court facilitator in the divorce was scheduled for Tuesday.

But last week, Roller asked the court to reschedule the conference to Nov. 30 because of "holiday travels," court officials said.

In Summit County, many divorces are by mutual consent and the parties are not represented by lawyers. The court facilitator makes sure that all the paperwork by both parties is in order.

No lawyer had entered an appearance on behalf of either Roller or Bruner.

According to court records, Roller had sought a restraining order against Bruner on Oct. 14, but that order was vacated on Oct. 28.

Ramona Roller said that the restraining order had to do with discipline issue and has since been resolved.
She said she believed her sister and Bruner were hoping for a trial separation rather than going through with the divorce.

http://www.summitdaily.com/ARTICLE/20101126/NEWS/101129873/-1/RSS

A restraining order over discipline issues :waitasec: ya right...............

I'm confused...she was laid off in Oct. but seen on video leaving that same job at 5pm the same night she went missing...???

and according to Denver Post, she took a netbook computer w/ her too - not just a cellphone.

I guess now that more details are being released, it's time for them to be confusing...(one MSM reports found "in the river" & another "on the banks" of the river.)

Prayers for the family - especially the kids. :(

and according to Denver Post, she took a netbook computer w/ her too - not just a cellphone.

I guess now that more details are being released, it's time for them to be confusing...(one MSM reports found "in the river" & another "on the banks" of the river.)

Prayers for the family - especially the kids. :(

or was that laptop disposed of... I had no idea her children were this young! From the Summit link

The couple has been married 11 years. Their children are 9, 6 and 5.

There is no way to paint this pretty for the children, May God protect and comfort them...this is just wrong.

They said "active crime scene" right away...which does not indicate accident to me, or even an obvious suicide...also, why talk about polygraphs, if not a possible homicide?

The Summit County Coroner positively identified a body found on Friday afternoon as that of Stephanie Roller Bruner, a Silverthorne woman who has been missing since the beginning of the week.

In a release, the Summit County Coroner said it used dental records to positively identify the body. No cause or manner of death has been released as an autopsy has not happened yet.

more here - (altho it's confusing because it appears that only part of this article was updated)

:rose: RIP, Stephanie :rose:

Prayers for those who love you, and comfort for your children.

http://cbs4denver.com/wireapnewsco/Woman.found.dead.2.2024281.html

Nov 26, 2010 7:24 pm US/Mountain

SILVERTHORNE, Colo. (AP) &#8213; A woman whose body was found in a river near Silverthorne has been identified as a 41-year-old mother of three missing since early this week.

Town spokesman Ryan Hyland says the woman is Stephanie Roller Bruner, whose body was found in the Blue River Friday.

She was identified her through dental records.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rest in Peace Stephanie.

RIP Stephanie Roller Bruner

stephanie2.jpg

stephanie.jpg

My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

I know that when a spouse kills, it is often in a moment of rage. I know this then often results in them not thinking real clearly.

However... the first thing that caused me to question "the husband must have done it" theory... wasn't the weather. It was his profession.

I'm a photographer. I could give you the best places to put a body in every county here. Not even 50% of my photography is outdoors... much less wildlife.

I'm supposed to believe that a wildlife photographer just put a body in/near the river right next to his own home? When I am sure he knew several other areas where that body would likely never be discovered?

It is one thing if someone is not familiar with the area and doesn't know a better spot. Like a trucker just driving through. But this guy had to know the area pretty well.

The only reason putting the body in/near the river/home would make sense to me... is if he was worried about leaving the kids home alone. If it was at night and the kids were asleep...so he couldn't go far enough to put the body in a good spot.

Odds are that he did it.. but that was what stood out to me immediately. :twocents:

BBM

Her body was found in the river. It could have needed time to float.

With those temps I would think the river would be frozen. She might have fallen through the ice or jumped in to kill herself. I think this is a case of suicide since the husband reported her missing the following morning. If he was involved I don't think he would have been so quick to call LE.

Could be accidental drowning also. The autopsy will show if he was involved. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back