GUILTY CO - Stephanie Roller Bruner, 41, Silverthorne, 22 Nov 2010

I read that Stephanie's cell phone and computer are missing. Why would a person bring a computer with them as they walked through snow on the way to taking their own lives? It makes no sense. To me it is a fabrication to say that Stephanie was murdered AND robbed.

And I agree with MsFacetious that:

The only reason putting the body in/near the river/home would make sense to me... is if he was worried about leaving the kids home alone. If it was at night and the kids were asleep...so he couldn't go far enough to put the body in a good spot.

It seems pretty clear who did this--just hope the police are thinking so too.

There was probably some evidence on that computer that could have implicated him and he got rid of it.

Officials mum on autopsy of Silverthorne woman

An autopsy on the Silverthorne woman who disappeared Nov. 22 and was found dead Friday was completed this morning, according to Summit County authorities.

In a joint statement, Summit County coroner Joanne Richardson and Silverthorne Police Chief Mark Hanschmidt said the cause and manner of death of Stephanie Roller is "pending" because the investigation is "still active and on-going."

The officials said no further information is available and it "may be several weeks before the facts are known."

(Snipped)

Read more: Officials mum on autopsy of Silverthorne woman - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16735117?source=rss#ixzz16iKy55O6

Sounds like pressure on the perp to me. In other cases they tend to figure it out quickly if it looks like someone took their own life. It sounds like they have clues.

<snip>

Police are not releasing any information about any persons of interest or suspects at this time.

Investigators would not say if they believe the people involved knew Roller Bruner or if it was a random act of violence.

Authorities searched the areas near the Blue River for Roller Bruner's cell phone and computer last week, saying both items were missing from her house.

more here

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=168296

I wonder if she had her coat on - or if it was found. If she did, it could very well be that her husband followed her on her walk and hit her over the head then dumped her in the water. The kids would be asleep by then I would imagine and would not notice him leave from the house.

Or he killed her in the house at some point that night and then in the middle of the night dumped her - but would he dress her appropriately for a walk?

Is there something missing from the house that he used to hit her?

I doubt she would take her computer for a walk and then some random stranger hit sher onthe head throws her and the computer into the water for no reason.

SOMETHING IS ON THAT COMPUTER! IMO

Okay, since drowning was a contributing cause of death... I guess the river makes a bit more sense. Much less evidence to not commit the crime in your house or car and only incriminate yourself by having the body behind your house in the river... or something like that.

SILVERTHORNE, Colo. -- The district attorney's office on Wednesday said the husband of a Silverthorne woman who was bludgeoned and drowned is a key suspect in her death, and yet the office does not have enough information to file charges.

Instead, the Eagle County District Attorney has requested a grand jury.
The final results of the autopsy is still pending.

“After working closely with Chief Hanschmidt and representatives of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to review what the investigation has brought forth to date, a collective decision was made that a grand jury would be the most prudent course of action,” District Attorney Mark Hurlbert said in a statement.

more here

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/26378733/detail.html

==================

<snip>

Reached by phone Wednesday, Bruner said he was stunned to learn he had been named the key suspect.

"This is the first I've heard of it," he said. "I do not have a comment."

more here

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_17021232

ETA:

<snips>
Stephanie Roller Bruner's three young children are not currently living with Dale Bruner, a Silverthorne photographer.

Bruner's attorney Robert Bernhardt said Bruner gave the children up to Social Services voluntarily for 30 days while the investigation was pending. He said Bruner has had “extensive contact” with the children and expects to be reunited with them by Friday.
Summit County Coroner Joanne Richardson confirmed that the preliminary autopsy revealed another “significant finding” that has not been made public.

Results of a more extensive autopsy by a state forensic pathologist are expected soon, Richardson said.

more here

http://www.summitdaily.com/article/20110105/NEWS/110109924/1078&ParentProfile=1055

==================================

<snip>

“After extensive discussions, we decided that this was an investigative tool that we needed to complete this case and finish it,” said Summit County District Attorney Mark Hulbert.

more here

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/01/05/husband-named-key-suspect-in-silverthorne-slaying/

Something didn't feel right about this one. The ex and his wife had such a convenient alibi on the day he dumps her.

Is there more evidence that Dateline left out? I couldn't have said guilty based on what I saw. Not saying he is innocent but there wasn't enough there.

Is there more evidence that Dateline left out? I couldn't have said guilty based on what I saw. Not saying he is innocent but there wasn't enough there.

Agreed...something about the "other man" and his wife seemed really creepy to me. Why would the husband wait until after she had moved out and then back in again to kill her? Don't get me wrong...the husband seemed a little "off" too, but I don't get why they didn't look into the bf a bit more.

Just saw this on Dateline and came to echo similar thoughts. I don’t believe he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt. I was very surprised he was found guilty, and that his second degree charge resulted in so many years.

The wife shows many signs of a histrionic personality - seeks attention, has rapidly changing emotions, thinks relationships are closer than they are. Not to mention the other man and his wife were conveniently each other’s alibis.

I’m not saying he didn’t do it, but I’m not entirely convinced he did.

Apparently he did confess privately to his attorney? Maybe he has me fooled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back