Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's official, the 12th Judicial District has the ball. They're the ones who will be prosecuting any future case against Barry Morphew. The Linda Stanley nightmare is officially over.

The AR shows an investigator from that DA's office was present at the autopsy, so hopefully they've been on it for some time.

Unless I'm misremembering, wasn't the coffee cup found on the counter-top half full? Since SM was the only coffee drinker, I imagine she made a cup for herself and was interrupted before she could finish it. And if SM didn't want the coffee, I doubt she'd leave it sitting on the countertop when she left on the bike ride (an alleged bike ride that only BM's defense team can repeat with a straight face)! JMO
..or Barry staged this before he left Sunday morning IMO

But your daughter is alive! It's a whole different story with a completely dead weight, dead limp body....especially more so if rigor has set in.

My only experience has been with a beloved dog who died unexpectedly and she only weighed 12 lbs in life but felt like 50 after her death. I've never experienced that ever and never forgot.
My daughter may be alive but can’t feel or move anything except from her neck up. So basically she is like a dead person to move! Being able to move her head does nothing for me while I dress & undress her every day. I beg to differ with your post. Come help getting my daughter dressed and you’ll see. Moo

BM must not be sleeping very well. If I recall, he admitted to shooting chimpmunks on his property very close in time to the last known whereabouts of a live SM. Also, a single cap to one of those darts used for tranquilizing wildlife was found in the dryer as if he placed it in his pant pocket, forgot about it while hastily cleaning up.

Are we supposed to believe someone shot her with a tranquilizer gun while riding her bike to just drive her 40 plus miles away to bury her in a shallow grave??? Are people driving around shooting darts with sedatives at random people?

I really want to know what the family is thinking. Especially the daughters. I feel like yet again he will manipulate them and claim he hit her withe the dart by accident. And panicked. JMO
They will more than likely stand by their father as he is their only living parent. I remember watching the Dirk Greineder trial years ago. He has three brilliant adult children that never wavered in their belief that he didn't kill their mother, even though the evidence was stacked a mile high against him.

BM must not be sleeping very well. If I recall, he admitted to shooting chimpmunks on his property very close in time to the last known whereabouts of a live SM. Also, a single cap to one of those darts used for tranquilizing wildlife was found in the dryer as if he placed it in his pant pocket, forgot about it while hastily cleaning up.

Are we supposed to believe someone shot her with a tranquilizer gun while riding her bike to just drive her 40 plus miles away to bury her in a shallow grave??? Are people driving around shooting darts with sedatives at random people?
Yes, and IMO, trying to frame BM by placing her riding helmet along the path Barry would drive on his way to Broomfield? If it were a Mountain Lion, I like his/her style.

Not that the daughters would be any help, but I wonder what Suzanne typically wore around the house. I just wonder if maybe we’ve been “Irised,” and perhaps Suzanne didn’t only wear these Yeti shorts for bike riding.

She’s characterized the clothing as “biking clothes,” but this is the same woman who says coffee proves his innocence.

I don’t see any photos of her wearing a hoodie on a bike ride.

View attachment 500373
In the AA on page 5 the officer describes taking Barry into the bedroom to find an article of clothing for the dogs to use and he noted bike gloves and padded shorts in a pile on the floor. In the photos of her from her Instagram she is not in a sweatshirt either. I do wonder if you are right and this outfit she had on was more just comfy clothing she would wear around the house.

Why didn’t they keep the autopsy results confidential and then arrest Barry after they retooled the arrest affidavit?
I hope they are watching him closely at this point. The fact they announced it Wed last week, but didn't release it till yesterday makes me wonder if they were getting eyes on him before the big announcement. Would be interesting to see/hear what ole Barry is doing now that the world knows BAM was in her bone marrow.

So cruel. Did Barry own hunting property where the deer are fenced in?
My brother’s a huge hunter who eats what he kills. He once was gifted one of these deer hunting trips. The deer got so close to him that he didn't have the heart to shoot any. It wasn't a challenge and packed up.
I could never kill Bambi’s mother either.

my personal wild speculation

I don't think there is any staging in the grave in terms of clothes. She was never supposed to be found. If he was staging her cycling disappearance to this level, her cycling gear would also be in here. I think these were just the clothes she had on - which may/may not have anything to do with cycling.

A cycling mission could explain why her handbag was in her RR?

02c

Scheduled to testify in the doomed trial was a retired Colorado Parks and Wildlife biologist named Lisa Wolfe. During the preliminary hearing, investigators testified that they interviewed Wolfe about how butorphanol, azaperone and medetomidine would affect a human being.

She told them that the chemical compound known as BAM had never been tested on humans, but if it were, she said that a female who was Suzanne Morphew’s size would be fully sedated in 10-12 minutes and would remain in complete sedation for 2-8 hours, according to the arrest affidavit. Wolfe told investigators that upon first receiving the drug, a woman of Suzanne Morphew's size would feel wobbly and unstable, not unlike the feeling of being drunk.

If she were on her back, her breathing would sound like a snore, Wolfe told detectives, adding that a full dose of BAM would be fatal to a human being.

Pink bike gloves are definitely a thing! If we look at these two examples, the version with full fingers could possibly pass as a work glove. Not a medical examiner’s job to identify different types of gloves, after all.
Hopefully this won’t become another “if the glove don’t fit, you must acquit” deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe