CO - Two University of Colorado-CS students shot to death in dorm room, homicide suspected - Colorado Springs, 17 Feb 2024 *arrest*

SK and NJ “clashed”.
No one should have been killed.
We have a “reason “ (of sorts) why NJ went after SK.

Why in the world did he kill Celie Rain too?
Of course. The reaction was way out of proportion to the provocation. It was criminal intent. Just because they had asked him to dispose of his garbage. That warrants double homicide?

1708788818280.jpeg

Shakes unsealed the arrest affidavit during Friday morning’s court hearing, ruling the “bare bones” document should be made available to the public in the interest of transparency.

On Feb. 16, the third roommate was woken by the sound of gunshots, followed by someone moaning. He then heard a door shut and what sounded like someone running and called the police at 5:59 a.m., according to the affidavit.

The affidavit did not specify the Pueblo woman’s relationship to the roommates.

Officers also noticed that Jordan’s bedroom had been emptied, the affidavit stated. Thursday afternoon, just 14 hours before the shooting, Jordan filed an electronic request to be withdrawn from both classes and housing.

I also feel bad for the podmate. Not only because he was an ear witness, but because the defendant's attorney is going to make him the shooter. Hopefully the real shooter will take a plea deal so the podmate doesn't have to go thru that turmoil.
Well if he shot them with that AK-47 it will be a slam dunk for guilt as he was in possession of it when he was arrested.

The pod-style residence that they lived in had four bedrooms off of a main section, and three of the bedrooms had students living there, although Jordan had moved out of his room the day before, apparently. The surviving roommate who heard the shots didn't leave his room during the shooting. I wonder if he had his bedroom door locked, but I guess it didn't matter if he wasn't targeted by the shooter.

Sounds like Jordan went back to the pod to kill SK, and that SK was targeted. And Celie was with SK so she was shot also. I wonder if SK left his bedroom unlocked, thinking that Jordan had moved out and that they were safe. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered if his bedroom door was locked or not. But if the bedroom doors were locked, Jordan could have only entered the pod with his key/card and not the bedrooms, unless they had flimsy doors and/or locks that he could breach. But if he was confronted with locked bedroom doors, that might have given the victims more time to call 911/campus security.

Just an all around tragic situation.

The pod-style residence that they lived in had four bedrooms off of a main section, and three of the bedrooms had students living there, although Jordan had moved out of his room the day before, apparently. The surviving roommate who heard the shots didn't leave his room during the shooting. I wonder if he had his bedroom door locked, but I guess it didn't matter if he wasn't targeted by the shooter.

Sounds like Jordan went back to the pod to kill SK, and that SK was targeted. And Celie was with SK so she was shot also. I wonder if SK left his bedroom unlocked, thinking that Jordan had moved out and that they were safe. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered if his bedroom door was locked or not. But if the bedroom doors were locked, Jordan could have only entered the pod with his key/card and not the bedrooms, unless they had flimsy doors and/or locks that he could breach. But if he was confronted with locked bedroom doors, that might have given the victims more time to call 911/campus security.

The article I read said he locked himself in the bedroom after calling police. Whether it was locked beforehand as you say didn’t matter as he was not the target.

And yes, it sounds like they thought he was gone, and so maybe didn’t think it was necessary to lock the door.

So I’m assuming now that the roommate knew who the perp was… so still seems off that LE said there was no threat to anyone else when the suspect was free and had a weapon.
Who knows if he intended to kill both roommates and locked doors or the reality of the situation made him change his mind…

So I’m assuming now that the roommate knew who the perp was… so still seems off that LE said there was no threat to anyone else when the suspect was free and had a weapon.
Who knows if he intended to kill both roommates and locked doors or the reality of the situation made him change his mind…
He had not yet been apprehended when they said that?

Yes. Hadn’t been. Here’s an article from when it first happened: 2 people found dead inside dorm room on University of Colorado - Colorado Springs campus
Then you’re absolutely right: He could still have been a threat to anyone who happened to get in his way, especially if you tried to detain him so you could call police on him. I’m sure he would not have been afraid to shoot a third victim.

It’s one thing to say that the crime was targeted, and not aimed at the general population. But they should have added that he was armed, dangerous until apprehended.

Then you’re absolutely right: He could still have been a threat to anyone who happened to get in his way, especially if you tried to detain him so you could call police on him. I’m sure he would not have been afraid to shoot a third victim.

It’s one thing to say that the crime was targeted, and not aimed at the general population. But they should have added that he was armed, dangerous until apprehended.
Totally agree! This was a completely unhinged crime over nothing really.

I know, and it’s really sad for the families of the 2 victims that something that meaningless still can’t be undone. And it’s put a dark cloud on their lives now, permanently.
They should sue the college so this never happens again. So that a precedent can be set for how to properly deal with complaints about roommates.

They should sue the college so this never happens again. So that a precedent can be set for how to properly deal with complaints about roommates.
Curious, why do you believe a lawsuit can guarantee 'this' will never happen again?

Firstly, lawsuit or not, the college will look carefully at their actions and procedures to see what went wrong and remedy it because THEY don't want it it to happen again, neither do students, neither do parents, nor do police, etc, etc. A lawsuit won't change that.

Secondly, lightning rarely strikes twice in the same spot. It's unlikely an exact same scenario will happen again, any time soon, at Colorado Springs. It's not like would-be murderers are going to enroll there, because of this case, and they realize what a great place it is to go and ruin your life by shooting your roomate.

Brian Kohberger was at WSU when he murdered 4 students in Idaho. Is that because WSU had exceptional polices that made sure it would never happen there? Or was it because BK knew he would get caught if he did it in his own dorm?

IMO, the person to blame is the guy who did it. Why is everyone else to blame for this guy going off his head?

JMO

Last edited:
Curious, why do you believe a lawsuit can guarantee 'this' will never happen again?

Firstly, lawsuit or not, the college will look carefully at their actions and procedures to see what went wrong and remedy it because THEY don't want it it to happen again, neither do students, neither do parents, nor do police, etc, etc. A lawsuit won't change that.

Secondly, lightning rarely strikes twice in the same spot. It's unlikely an exact same scenario will happen again, any time soon, at Colorado Springs. It's not like would-be murderers are going to enroll there, because of this case, and they realize what a great place it is to go and ruin your life by shooting your roomate.

Brian Kohberger was at WSU when he murdered 4 students in Idaho. Is that because WSU had exceptional polices that made sure it would never happen there? Or was it because BK knew he would get caught if he did it in his own dorm?

IMO, the person to blame is the guy who did it. Why is everyone else to blame for this guy going off his head?

JMO
Of course I don’t think that a lawsuit will prevent someone unhinged from killing again. However IMO his access card should have been deactivated already and he was still a threat until he was arrested.
I just mean that unfortunately in the world we live in things don’t change until something bad happens sometimes. If there were multiple complaints about him maybe he should have had some assistance offered then a plan for that and kicked out sooner, etc?
I work in healthcare and unfortunately a lot of things don’t change until something bad happens and people complain and/or sue.
I hate it and I used to hate the whole idea of lawsuits but just have seen too much and in this case 2 innocent people are dead and it seems like there were opportunities to maybe change that. I don’t know though of course and everything should be reviewed to see if there were things that could have been done differently, even to help the perp, you know? Maybe rules at the offset for living together, etc?

Of course I don’t think that a lawsuit will prevent someone unhinged from killing again. However IMO his access card should have been deactivated already and he was still a threat until he was arrested.
I just mean that unfortunately in the world we live in things don’t change until something bad happens sometimes. If there were multiple complaints about him maybe he should have had some assistance offered then a plan for that and kicked out sooner, etc?
I work in healthcare and unfortunately a lot of things don’t change until something bad happens and people complain and/or sue.
I hate it and I used to hate the whole idea of lawsuits but just have seen too much and in this case 2 innocent people are dead and it seems like there were opportunities to maybe change that. I don’t know though of course and everything should be reviewed to see if there were things that could have been done differently, even to help the perp, you know? Maybe rules at the offset for living together, etc?
I'm sure they're taking this very seriously and they'll review everything that happened, very thoroughly. Perhaps there'll be info/testimoney at a trial.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back