Confused? Get Help Here. Q&A Thread

I am confused by what this video says about SA police and FBI

http://www.kpho.com/video/23026367/index.html

FBI says they want to do more but since the case is still designated as a murder case they cannot even open a file?

(paraphrased)

I was confused too so I asked MissingGabe for clarification today. Gabe's missing persons investigation was closed. There is only a homicide investigation open. The prosecutor is prepared to bring aggravated homicide charges against Elizabeth. They can not do so with an open missing persons case, because it conflicts.

A prosecutor cannot say both "This person is dead and was murdered" and "This person is alive and may be found". The defense simply points to the latter, the missing person case, and the prosecutor instantly loses his/her case.

When the landfill search ended SAPD agreed to give one more good hard shot at trying to find Gabe before bringing the charges against Elizabeth. They say they are following up on all leads they are given.

However, when a missing person case closes, many options and resources close with it. The FBI, with all their resources, is among them.

I don't know what else to say right now.

BeanE, you wrote "When the landfill search ended SAPD agreed to give one more good hard shot at trying to find Gabe before bringing the charges against Elizabeth. They say they are following up on all leads they are given."

I did not see any evidence of one good hard shot at trying to find Gabe, nor any real time has passed; obviously they had this journal and would not release any information from it -- wth? I am completely confused and frankly not happy with LE at all -- why would they close the missing persons case when they have more evidence on that possiblity than they do on the murder case? argh so frustrating!

Rant over

You are not alone Prof....SAPD has been very frustrating...I hope and pray they are doing, and have been doing the right thing by Gabriel. God only knows what type of kidnappers would selfishly steal this baby, and keep him from his family. He has been wronged by so many in his short life, including these deplorable people, that I pray the SAPD are doing EVERYTHING possible to find him. Lose the ego and make room for the FBI.

I'm really banging my head here. In the Alison Dubois interview she said "helicopters are overhead"...so ???
(1) What miltary bases are in and around there.
(2) Do we know if TS has family in the military.

Lackland AFB is closer to Leon Valley. I live in SA in the Leon Valley area. Lackland is much closer. Military planes constantly fly over my home.

for you wonderful young moms and younger grandmothers than me....question...is there a certain period of time before a newborn can fly ?? 4-6-8 weeks..or is it personal preference ???

for you wonderful young moms and younger grandmothers than me....question...is there a certain period of time before a newborn can fly ?? 4-6-8 weeks..or is it personal preference ???

Personal preference. The only restrictions I was given was no flying in my 3rd trimester, and if I had to, I had to be landing in a city with a NICU. Some moms prefer not to fly with newborns to avoid exposure to germs.

do we know exactly when TPS called Judge McVey ???? It's posted on the calendar as Jan. 3rd, but he could have been out the holiday weeks and just recovered the call that day.

What sucks is that we don't know all the details in the investigation and what they have found. I have so many questions that will not be able to be answered. I want to help so bad, but we call can only hep with what little information we have been given. They need to find G and fast. I know the judge reported that phone call....If you look at TS criminal complaint, it list a date, but that is the date he reported it. It does not specify when the message was received.

do we know exactly when TPS called Judge McVey ???? It's posted on the calendar as Jan. 3rd, but he could have been out the holiday weeks and just recovered the call that day.

Kappy, excellent question, the answer to which AFAIK has never been published

I doubt very highly that it was on January 3rd; that is when it was reported, I believe

I imagine it was sometime over the holiday weeks and was not heard until the 3rd of January

I am not sure why we do not know the exact date of the call, and I am sure it would be telling!

What kind of privacy laws are there for DVS or other shelters alike ? If LE goes to these places because of an investigation, and these places didn't know at the time EJ was there that she was wanted for kidnapping and other charges, do they have to give up information??

What kind of privacy laws are there for DVS or other shelters alike ? If LE goes to these places because of an investigation, and these places didn't know at the time EJ was there that she was wanted for kidnapping and other charges, do they have to give up information??

I had to stay in a shelter once, about a year and a half ago. It wasn't specifically a DVS, but many of the women and children there were victims of some sort of violence. If a call came in at the downstairs reception office for one of the residents of the shelter, the secretary was not allowed to either confirm or deny that the person was in residence there. A message could be taken, with the caller informed that the receptionist would forward it to staff. The only way a call could be put through to a resident was if it came in on the private line that was solely for the use of the residents (an unlisted number).

It was the same for packages/mail that came in to the downstairs office. If the mailperson had a question about the addressee of the package as to whether they lived at the address, it could not be answered. The package/mail simply had to be left at the office and subsequently delivered to the resident by staff.

However, if LE came to the shelter to question a resident about possible involvement in a crime, they had full access to that resident. The person in question would have to meet with LE either downstairs in the office area, at the police department or in the parking lot of the shelter. LE only came into the actual shelter itself on very rare occasions.

If the person LE was looking for had already left the shelter, staff was allowed to give forwarding information for that resident. It is the only instance I know of where they were allowed to do that.

I had to stay in a shelter once, about a year and a half ago. It wasn't specifically a DVS, but many of the women and children there were victims of some sort of violence. If a call came in at the downstairs reception office for one of the residents of the shelter, the secretary was not allowed to either confirm or deny that the person was in residence there. A message could be taken, with the caller informed that the receptionist would forward it to staff. The only way a call could be put through to a resident was if it came in on the private line that was solely for the use of the residents (an unlisted number).

It was the same for packages/mail that came in to the downstairs office. If the mailperson had a question about the addressee of the package as to whether they lived at the address, it could not be answered. The package/mail simply had to be left at the office and subsequently delivered to the resident by staf

However, if LE came to the shelter to question a resident about possible involvement in a crime, they had full access to that resident. The person in question would have to meet with LE either downstairs in the office area, at the police department or in the parking lot of the shelter. LE only came into the actual shelter itself on very rare occasions.

If the person LE was looking for had already left the shelter, staff was allowed to give forwarding information for that resident. It is the only instance I know of where they were allowed to do that.

thx's b...sorry for your experience. But I guess I should have clarified my question better...if she just went there for information and left, which we believe she did as she went back to the hotel, would personnnel there have to disclose any information anyone would have had with EJ. If she did indeed go to any of these places, surely LE has checked them out. Could be she never went and just called instead to get information....

thx's b...sorry for your experience. But I guess I should have clarified my question better...if she just went there for information and left, which we believe she did as she went back to the hotel, would personnnel there have to disclose any information anyone would have had with EJ. If she did indeed go to any of these places, surely LE has checked them out. Could be she never went and just called instead to get information....

Whether she went or called, I think either way, LE has already talked with them and found out what she was asking about and talking about.

If she didn't identify herself, I think LE would have given a description, or asking if a young woman had asked about services for herself as someone new in the city with a baby etc.

With phone records, they would try to pin down the day and time she called, to whoever was manning the phones on that day and time, and then try to figure out a caller or someone who went in anonymously who would be a match to her.

MOO

Whether she went or called, I think either way, LE has already talked with them and found out what she was asking about and talking about.

If she didn't identify herself, I think LE would have given a description, or asking if a young woman had asked about services for herself as someone new in the city with a baby etc.

With phone records, they would try to pin down the day and time she called, to whoever was manning the phones on that day and time, and then try to figure out a caller or someone who went in anonymously who would be a match to her.

MOO

A list is kept of all phone inquiries - whether the caller gives a name or not. I also volunteered in the shelter office, and we were told to get any information the caller was willing/able to give: their situation, ages of their children and especially whether or not they were currently safe. Every call was very carefully documented. So no doubt those lists have been turned over to LE by now...provided LE has asked for them.

EJ had a laptop with her...correct ??? Do we know what date she ANSWERED the babysitter ad ???? I've looked and find no date anywhere...can someone hep me!!!

EJ had a laptop with her...correct ??? Do we know what date she ANSWERED the babysitter ad ???? I've looked and find no date anywhere...can someone hep me!!!

I could be wrong, since I don't have the link...but I thought she contacted AU the day she needed her? And I don't think she had a computer.

I don't think EJ had her laptop with her
I think she contacted AU the day before she needed her -- I read that in an AU interview on NG I think
The case calendar shows the date range of the babysitting

I don't think EJ had her laptop with her
I think she contacted AU the day before she needed her -- I read that in an AU interview on NG I think
The case calendar shows the date range of the babysitting

The family comfirmed with BeanE that AU babysat on Dec. 21st (Mon..am) If she did it Sunday, she could have probably done it from wherever she was staying on that day. We have no real time frame do we of where she was the night of Dec. 18th, Dec.19 or 20th ??? I'm just trying to rule out that this wasn't done prior to leaving AZ.

There's an interview with the babysitter where she refers to EJ contacting her the day before she babysit. I remember a few of us posting about it. I'll see if I can find it and get it into the case calendar. Babysitting date was confirmed as Dec 21.

Still no clue where she stayed Dec 18, 19, 20.

Tammi said EJ sold her laptop before leaving Tempe. I've never seen/heard anything that would confirm her having her laptop with her in SA, but she was using the hotel computer in the lobby and the computer at the library so I don't think so.

ETA: Confirmation of contact on December 20:

Transcribed by me from video with this article @ -1:44:

"I went to babysit the next day, which was December 21"

A babysitter who watched Gabriel Johnson the night he and his mother arrived in San Antonio says Elizabeth Johnson seemed detached from her son. 18-year-old Analisa Urias says Johnson contacted her after seeing her babysitter ad on Craigslist and hired her to watch her son on the night of December 21st at the Homegate Studios and Suites on Laureate Drive.

http://www.kens5.com/home/related/Baby-Gabriels-sitter-speaks-out-81782547.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back