Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated at 2:37 p.m. ET: A teacher's son clad in black and carrying two handguns rampaged through a Connecticut elementary school Friday, killing 18 small children and seven adults, including his mother, in the nation’s second-worst school massacre, law enforcement officials said.

The gunman, identified as Ryan Lanza, 24, was also found dead at the scene, a federal law enforcement official said. Lanza's mother is a kindergarten teacher at the Newtown school, and it's inside that classroom where most of the casualties took place, according to WNBC's Jonathan Dienst.

A second person is in custody for a possible connection to the shooting.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...26-dead-including-18-kids-in-connecticut?lite

Lots of holiday activities sure to be cancelled this weekend, including school programs, etc. I think I am staying away from shopping malls. My God what is happening to this world?

May be safer to shop during the week in the early hours.

It also could be that his parents never married when they had him.

JMO

If you search whitepages.com for his name in NJ...a person the right age and in right town. I believe it associated him with someone named Nancy. He also has a friend in his fb named Elena N Lanza. FWIW

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

@ kktv11news : Child victims were just 5-10 years old. CBS says they were killed execution-style. 2nd suspect in custody, not clear yet if he was involved.

If his mother was in the classroom when all of this happened he probably didnt shoot her until last so she would see him destroying the children's lives. :(

What an evil monster.

These creeps are always angry at the world.

He came there to destroy everything his mother stood for.

IMO

This is the first post I've seen with a very plausible motive. Definately something to think about...... You could very well be right.

If his mother was in the classroom when all of this happened he probably didnt shoot her until last so she would see him destroying the children's lives. :(

What an evil monster.

Another Devil's Reject!

I don't even know what to say...
Prayers for all the families and people who are touched by this tragedy
Why does this keep happening over and over again?
What is wrong with the world?

If his mom was a kindergarten teacher than it would have been easy to get in. I am sure they welcomed him with open arms. My DD's kinder teacher used to have her 22 yr old son come and teach soccer sometimes. The kids loved it and I thought it was nice. I am sure nobody imagined her son was going to slaughter them all. :rose:
Schools should only allow those individuals inside that have appropriate state and federal child abuse and criminal clearances. This should also apply to school volunteers.

This poor guys life has just been completely f'ed up. Hope he has somewhere safe and out of the way to stay for the next few days.

That is one scary thing about social media. People dont think about that other people can have the same name and be totally innocent and not connect whatsoever.

There are a lot of loonies out there that would do stupid things without even verifying this is the right person.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member