Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News is reporting the parentS of the shooter are dead- meaning the mom & the dad. Not just the mom. Are there any other outlets reporting this?

This is absolutely horrifying.

Screen shots of the killer's FB have been approved by management. Just make SURE you have the right person.

This poor guys life has just been completely f'ed up. Hope he has somewhere safe and out of the way to stay for the next few days.

If I were him I'd be yanking down my FB and changing my name.

I think all social media postings should probably stop until you know for sure who your posting about.

Guys, we are better than all the incorrect links being posted. We know this site gets watched so let's not make this worse by fingering innocent people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the saddest story I have ever heard. My heart goes out to all of the parents and families and friends who were killed by this spineless *advertiser censored*. May he rot in the deepest part of H*LL!
I feel so bad for all of these kids. Those poor parents getting the worst news of their lives. I could never imagine, nor do I want to ever know what they are feeling. Prayers for all.
Many extra hugs and kisses for my two boys when they get home.

If you were posting that didn't commit this crime, wouldn't you make the post PUBLIC so that people didn't have to screenshot it?
That doesn't make sense to me.

Schools should only allow those individuals inside that have appropriate state and federal child abuse and criminal clearances. This should also apply to school volunteers.

Oregon mall shooter was described as a great guy with no record, no history.

Your next door neighbor is a potential shooter. There is no preventing this type of thing.

Statements, pressers: schedules as of now

3:15 EST President Obama
3:30 EST Governor Malloy
4:00 EST Danbury Hospital

"subject to change"

The problem is, what do you do with these "warning signs" considering that there are many young men showing the same signs but vast majority of them don't commit mass killings.

Send them to a psychiatrist and make sure they don't have access to guns.

I have a different concern. Make no mistake, there is no excuse for this shooting. However, I saw Ryans Facebook page. I did not see anything concerning in regard to his posts.
However, what I do know is that Ryan is from Hoboken NJ. Hoboken was recently devastated by Hurricane Isaac. The residents of Hoboken felt abandoned by the government after the storm.
I am an ER nurse from New Orleans. After Hurricane Katrina we had an increase of homicide/suicide. Everyone was traumatized after the storm. Imagine you wake up in a what looks like a war zone and their is no one to care for you. There were no mental health practitioners and no PTSD screening down after the storm. The result was we had an increase in violence and an increase in suicide attempts. People could not cope. We lost everything except the clothes on our back. Everything was so surreal. Imagine that in America, you have to go look for food to eat and water to drink everyday. The lack of resources such as this, were the complaints of many in Hoboken.
It was difficult to be an ER nurse, and give hope when you yourself felt hopeless initially after the storm.
Many of you may say what does this have to do with anything. Well, the psychological effects of going through a disaster remain in New Orleans. We have 3-4 suicide attempt calls a day. An increase in domestic violence, especially involving children and parents.
If nothing else, the government should take note that any disaster recover MUST include mental health counseling. Remember, RL is at a developmental age that when they do not have the maturity (yet) to use their words to explain their feelings they act out in violence. WE ALL HAVE TO LEARN FROM THE FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGY OF THOSE DEVASTED BY DISASTER AND TRAUMA.

Just a thought.

Fox reporting Ryan Lanza's father was found dead in his home and his Mother was killed @ the school. Fox is showing pic of Ryan Lanza on the FB page that I have up an copies of the 4 pics on that page.

Fox has been reporting it is a Kindergarten classroom of children killed (but not officially).

Shooter is deceased inside the building. . . .lots search warrants and LE activity in and out of state. scene is secure - major crime scene.

They said shooters younger brother is named adam and was found hiding in woods behind school with camo pants on. Has been taken into custody

per Fox

Schools should only allow those individuals inside that have appropriate state and federal child abuse and criminal clearances. This should also apply to school volunteers.

True. But our teachers son had a background check and fingerprints run and was in college for becoming a teacher. So he had the adequate clearing to be able to work with the kids and he was NEVER alone with them. He was out on the field teaching them to play soccer, but his mom was sitting and watching.

If his mom was a kindergarten teacher than it would have been easy to get in. I am sure they welcomed him with open arms. My DD's kinder teacher used to have her 22 yr old son come and teach soccer sometimes. The kids loved it and I thought it was nice. I am sure nobody imagined her son was going to slaughter them all. :rose:

You're right. I volunteer for DD's Kindergarten class on Wednesdays, and the teacher's son (a high school student) came in about 2:30'ish, bringing his mom a cup of coffee from town, and running errands for her throughout the school. And I remember thinking at the time how strange it was that amidst all these locked doors and security measures, they just let this kid come in here, and wander the halls.

That's because there's this pervasive attitude of, "hey, whatever makes you happy." Obviously, not going out and killing people, but if it makes you happy to be a loner, or someone enmeshed in the dark, morbid subculture out there, then hey, anything goes!

And why shouldn't it go? If someone is a loner, what exactly do you propose be done about it? Lots of people are loners, again, vast majority will not commit mass murder.

Screen shots of the killer's FB have been approved by management. Just make SURE you have the right person.

the person depicted in teh Screencapped FB page is also the same person who is tweeting (same photo as well) that they are not THAT Ryan.

On HLN they said parents still looking for their kids. The mother was shot at the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther