Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
WASHINGTON (AP) — A law enforcement official says the suspect in the Connecticut school shootings is 24-year-old Ryan Lanza and that his younger brother is being held for questioning as a possible second shooter. The law enforcement official says the boys' mother, Nancy Lanza, works at the school as a teacher.

The official also said Ryan Lanza's girlfriend and another friend are missing in New Jersey.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-source-20-year-old-suspect-had-ties-school

I can speak as a former kindergarten teacher. This would be one of the happiest days of school for kids as they prepared for Christmas and their holiday break, as they sang songs, put on performances, made decorations and brought me small, sweet gifts. Everyone would be in high spirits, not much real classwork would be getting done, lots of laughter and happiness.

THAT is what a kindergarten class is like at this time of year...... and to replace that image with one of all of those innocent children slain is just horrific, beyond horrific.

CNN just reported that one of the suspect's brothers was found dead in Hoboken.

to posters and members just arriving.

It is possible (LIKELY) that the WRONG Ryan Lanza's Facebook and twitter account links and photos were posted in the previous thread.

The mods have closed it for review and to clean up the mess.

This inadvertent erroneous info and links came to us via MSM.

UNTIL we know for sure who the shooter is, and can be 100% convinced we are linking the appropriate Ryan's information, please, lets all refrain from linking to such things.

I am not a mod, but boy I know none of us want to vilify someone Innocent.

All I know is that earlier they were showing the same fb page as was linked here..

Reports on NBC that shooter died from self-inflicted gunshot wound.

IMO, it's not inaccurate, just some boob copying a picture and tweeting using his name. Otherwise, he would have updated his facebook.

To wit:

http://newtown.patch.com/articles/police-raid-sandy-hook-house

You could be right. But until we can establish that I cannot see smearing some dude.

Websleuths prides itself on its being the best, most accurate crimeboard on the web. I can see where they would want to continue to enjoy that reputation.

Just caught up from picking up DS, locked him in the house and poured an adult beverage. Five year olds, FGS, FIVE YEAR OLDS :.....

I have to get work done, so I pulled myself away for a bit, but all the while I felt guilty. Guilty for just going on with my day as if nothing happened, you know? Even if for just a moment. It amazes me that people around here are continuing to work, talking, laughing... They're doing nothing wrong but somehow it doesn't seem fair. :(

I can speak as a former kindergarten teacher. This would be one of the happiest days of school for kids as they prepared for Christmas and their holiday break, as they sang songs, put on performances, made decorations and brought me small, sweet gifts. Everyone would be in high spirits, not much real classwork would be getting done, lots of laughter and happiness.

THAT is what a kindergarten class is like at this time of year...... and to replace that image with one of all of those innocent children slain is just horrific, beyond horrific.

I leave in one hour to go to my grandson's preschool holiday party....a class of 15 4 year olds. I may look around that room and cry..........

CNN just reported that one of the suspect's brothers was found dead in Hoboken.

What is going on????????? Girlfriend and friend missing. Younger brother in custody. Mother, father, and another brother found dead?

unconfirmed: 6 more children found hiding at the school

Anyone have a working link to the presidents statement? And is it over?

Given the property they are searching, the name of the shooter and his brother are correct, it's just that the wrong social media accounts were picked up, based on the link to New Jersey. Think it may just be the missing girlfriend who lived in New Jersey.

My grandaughter can back from school. She is in HS not in Newtown but close. She said they were not put in lockdown because police dept. is across the street..but did have guard dogs and police located throughout. She also said that they had no classes but watched on TV what was unfolding in Newtown. I wonder if this was for awareness or because the kids were just worried.

Just so awful. I can't stop crying. My heart just bleeds for these children and their families. I cannot even fathom the pain they are feeling. There are just no words. My prayers for all of them.

since the old thread is gone I am reposting the map:

Sandyhook is a district in Newtown CT

http://www.mapquest.com/?version=1.0&hk=7-fixqfehH

Here is the official transcript President's Proclamation to Hang Flag's at Half Staff

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

HONORING THE VICTIMS OF THE TRAGEDY IN NEWTOWN, CONNECTICUT

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of violence perpetrated on December 14, 2012, in Newtown, Connecticut, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, December 18, 2012. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fourteenth day of December, in the year of our Lord two thousand twelve, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-seventh.

BARACK OBAMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member