Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding a dead killer responsible for his actions is fine, but suggesting this problem as a whole died with the killer is unwise.

Quoting Reagan as if he were some great king-philosopher is funny, though not necessarily ha-ha funny.

I do think he was a great philosopher and I am entitled to my own opinions in my posts.:)

The problem is with the killer. It always is.

IMO

Seriously.

We raised five children. We didnt have to spank them much at all thank goodness they were really good children and still are but they knew we would if it was necessary. They are all grown now and tell us they know they deserved way more spankings than we ever gave them.:floorlaugh:

Not one of them has ever been in trouble with the law. They were taught to respect others from the very beginning. They were taught they had limitations on just what was acceptable and what wasnt.

I never said ALL children, some children are just good kids, I don't have to spank mine either, a simple time out will work, but that's not the case for ALL kids. When I am at the store, and I see a parent whose child is kicking them and pulling hair, and screaming and yelling, that child needs a whoopin, not a parent bending down to the childs level saying, now if you don't stop your going to sit in time out when you get home, (they dont care) as she is getting slapped in the face and spit on by her child. I mean if that unrulyness and disrespect works for parents, then so be it, but when they end up in jail don't blam it on a mental illness, the kid is bad, does not know boundaries and could give two craps about the law and abiding it or has no repect for their parents..they are looking for instant gratification, becuase they were not taught anything better

Yea, but he is actually helping these families deal with there fears. The conversation between him in the parents is pretty good. One little boy is just sleeping in his moms arms. They are afraid to send there kids back to school and their children are afraid to go back also.
but I know what you mean about Dr Phil.

he just seems so self serving I was suprised he talked about his affair in his new book, ofcourse it was all her fault she blackmailed him etc etc Puleeze he is so typical LOL

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/opinion/dont-blame-autism-for-newtown.html?_r=0

"Let me clear up a few misconceptions. For one thing, Asperger’s and autism are not forms of mental illness; they are neurodevelopmental disorders or disabilities. Autism is a lifelong condition that manifests before the age of 3; most mental illnesses do not appear until the teen or young adult years."

BBM. Glad to finally see an article like this. Autism is NOT a mental illness and the media spreading around it's uneducated garbage on the issue just goes to show how we really should not rely on the media for factual/good information in a lot of these cases.

I think, as we find out more about mental illnesses, the question more and more researchers are going to be asking is: to what extent mental illnesses are due to neurodevelopmental differences. Some of the research has shown there are subtle differences in brain function in many mental illnesses and some of that might be there before the onset of the symptoms and starting medications.

Is there a phone number or contact to report people who are impersonating family members of the suspects and victims' family members i.e. trolls? I want to haul one in.

Didnt LT. Vance say they have a website set up and only information on that site is to be believed?

I would think matou there is also a contact number there.

I am positive he would like to know since he was highly aggravated that misinformation is being put out in the social media sites. He sure plans to charge them and the Feds too if they can locate them so please do contact him right away.

IMO

I do think he was a great philosopher and I am entitled to my own opinions in my posts.:)

IMO

Reagan is the one who cut all the mental health funding in the 80's and that is why I saw all the nutcases wandering around downtown Dallas back then pulling imaginary things from their hair etc , they were cut loose from the psych hospitals for lack of money... woe unto them from there on out it has never been the same for those people since then.

IMO
As "it always is," we are therefore at the mercy of killers and can do nothing as a society to shield our children from them.

Nothing like, say, tightening regulations on instruments of death, or funding treatment of mental health for those who currently have no access to it.

That's what you're saying.

I'm going to set up a new thread in a few minutes and lock this one. Be ready to jump over.

brb
fran

I never said ALL children, some children are just good kids, I don't have to spank mine either, a simple time out will work, but that's not the case for ALL kids. When I am at the store, and I see a parent whose child is kicking them and pulling hair, and screaming and yelling, that child needs a whoopin, not a parent bending down to the childs level saying, now if you don't stop your going to sit in time out when you get home, (they dont care) as she is getting slapped in the face and spit on by her child. I mean if that unrulyness and disrespect works for parents, then so be it, but when they end up in jail don't blam it on a mental illness, the kid is bad, does not know boundaries and could give two craps about the law and abiding it or has no repect for their parents..they are looking for instant gratification, becuase they were not taught anything better

There is absolutely NO correlation between not hitting your kids and violence. NONE.

There is some correlation between "spanking" and violence.

There's a reason EXPERTS do not recommend spanking.

That child doesn't act that way because he's not hit, he acts that way because he gets away with it. I have five children, don't need to hit them to get them to behave. Five children, all with distinctly different personalities at that.

I think it's interesting how we are all looking for answers and of course many differing opinions as to why he killed.

Some examples:

Mental illness

Mental disorder

Violent Video Games

Access to Guns

His Vegan Diet

Heck for all we know, he was a spoiled who didn't get his way that fateful day and decided to murder his mom, kids and teachers.

When I heard about the smashed computer, this first thing that came to mind was maybe his mom finally had enough and smashed it which triggered this rage in him. Why the school? He was a coward and a bully. Targeting little children. When he heard the cops, he offed himself because that's what he was. A coward .

It's sad that's a mindset being instilled in our children. "I was bad, so I deserved to be hit."

No wonder so many women stay with abusive husbands/spouses.

That is sooo funny.

They knew they were acting up and deseved a swat on the butt every now and then.

They are great children and they would beg to differ with you strongly. They will tell anyone they were never abused children but they were disciplined when needed which was rare. Never had one bruise on them from a swat on their butt with their clothing on.

Can we take the spanking debate to the parenting forum?

I don't know if this is the right place for this but here I go anyway. I think this tragedy has many ingredients. I've been trying to figure out if there is anything I can do on a day-to-day personal level to help change the environment I create where mental illness has a stigma - a stigma that stops people from getting help for themselves or their family members.

My family has a history of depression. I'll never forget hearing about my father finding my grandfather huddled in a corner, crying and unable to get up due to severe depression or the years my father spent in an orphanage with nuns for daycare while my grandfather worked and my grandmother was in a facility getting help.

From this point on, I am not going to make light of mental illness. How, you ask? I'm not going to call things 'crazy' or say someone is 'not playing with a full deck' and all the other cliches. I think I am seeing this in a new light where these terms and phrases belittle and mock people who are ill which really is a form of bullying. Bullying people by shaming them about something they can't fix without help.

It's now one of my New Year's Resolutions that I am starting early.

Please continue the discussion here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193786"]Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels