Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam had never had the opportunity to learn empathy, anything social, he was intellectual, like my child. They had all that money and did pride get in the way, i don't understand.
I believe it's called torture, the hole, video games and guns- its like an old fairy tale.
What was his ground on reality, personaly i used to have to go docs twice a week but only after i had my child, before that i was bag lady.
Adams ground was guns, the bro and dad backed out Mom did that, mom knows best.
Adam, honestly never seen that before, money, because if it was just a regular child, somebody would of had a story

Adam decided to go to war and singled-out his casualties, is the way I am looking at it. Yeah...Mission accomplished!

Why couldn't Adam have started up his Business of fixing computers, since he was pretty proficient at it and his Mom could have driven around picking the computers up that customer's called in to have fixed, a tech business? Adam's self-esteem would have soared from all the appreciative business and word of mouth advertising!

---just talking out loud :waitasec:

how do you know this?

MyBelle
Quote: If a parent withdraws a child to homeschool, the public educational system should still follow him to determine if such a move meets his needs and welfare.

A child was removed from our public school system by her parents in gr 4, we found out a few weeks later that the parents said they were going to homeschool her. An extended family member called and questioned the removal of her from school. We could not give her any info as she was not the parent. This family member did not believe the parents were capable of homeschooling her, we advised her to call authorities as there was nothing we could do about it. She called , the family was investigated and they told authorities everything that they wanted to hear... fast forward to today, the girl is now 18 years old, no education took place at home, she has no social skills, no friends, no job and is unable to get a drivers licence as you need to have your GED to do so in this area.

The bottom line is, the system is way to relaxed when it comes to homeschooling. This child received zero education at home, the parents lied and there was nothing the school, or the concerned aunt could do about it.

The government needs to make the changes to correct this.

As for AL, he did receive his GED, so this homeschooling issue is not a concern with this case.

That IS a sad situation. Interestingly, I know several people who are products of a public education who are in this girl's exact same shoes.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. There are people who should not be homeschooling. Heck, there are people who should not be parenting or even PROCREATING, for that matter. However, my standards may differ from other people, and it is not up to me, or a governing body, to decide what standard to which everyone measures.

I home school my four children, and just like I don't have to prove to a government body that I am feeding them, clothing them, or LOVING them, I should not have to prove that I am teaching them. (Although, believe me, I am! ;) )

We can pick apart AL's childhood, education, etc, but there is no way that we can create A Brave New World with exactly the same upbringing and social and educational settings for everyone with expectations that no further tragedy ever befalls our nation.

he went to a few different schools so it could be that is how he decided. My point is that it might have been random and that I don't know if we will ever know, unless, they get anything out of that hard drive.

:scratchhead: but if this falls under the patriot act, could the federal folks get history from isp vs hard drive? I would think this slant is intuitively obvious to a casual observer...but I must be way off base with my impressions of al of this as I have not seen one iota of the feds getting involved due to terrorism...which IMHO this fits the bill! I will admit I have not been keeping up with, can someone regroup as to why this has or has not been in media as such, and therefore it would go to next level for investigation.

TiA

:gasp: oh my Joypath. Know you from Caylee thread so well but had no idea! :grouphug:

Reflections on a week: Today was a day without a funeral or a wake, just a regular Sunday Mass..........how strange!

I'm sure many of you have said "that's it, I've had it with this job!" when it just seemed to be too much, well, welcome to my Waterloo week 'cause I swore this was IT! While there have been other difficult cases in my career, this reached the pinnacle of emotional stress.

It was an honor to be able to attend as many wakes and funerals as possible, to be within the heart of the Newtown community, to witness the strength and support of the friends & strangers toward the families, to reconnect with the first responders and to bring the entire nightmare full circle...from first contact to final goodbye.

I've been exceptionally proud of the manner in which this investigation has been conducted, the early media information liberally dispensed was NOT part of the official investigation nor was it garnered from formal sources. It is amazing how certain media personalities "flutter" about and attempt to build "breaking news" stories from hypothetical variations or overheard conversations!

Support is and will continue to be provided to those who need it.

And a very heartfelt THANK YOU to all my WS siblings, your love & prayers was felt and appreciated by ALL!

I understand and agree with what you are saying. The killer was isolated from his peers and limited social support system when he was removed from his high school classes, club, and friends. Isolation is a known cause of depression.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-depression-cure/200907/social-isolation-modern-plague

Isolation and depression...yep. Not sure now much it is relevant to this case, but to me hits home big time right now. My mom passed in 94 and I was alone big time from family in another state. I then went into a downward spiral that lasted for two years...bad! In 2007, my fiance died, and when folks asked what can I do I asked not to be left alone at ALL for two weeks...it turned out to be three weeeks as my friends had me over to thir house in additions to staying at my nouse. Someone was always there even if in another room. And just this past week, a dear friend passed, and my offer was that I am ensuring the 85 year old wife of the man who passed is not alone for at least a month...so here I am with you folks as she has just turned out lights.

I have cancelled plans for going to family, but dayum, I am with loved ones, and hopefully helping another not to get in a vortex of depression. Matter of fact, will have her down at my house next week with another mid eighties woman for two days.

Guess the point of the whole diatribe here is just to do what you can within your own circle when the opportunity arises.

It is going to be the most fulfilling Chistmas!

IMO, I think they'll get the most info on the home situation and what AL's state of being was from NL's phone. I have no doubt that she had a confidant (or two or three) that she shared valuable information with. If they retrieve her texts, I believe they will be quite telling of what was going on at home, what her plans were (or weren't) for her son and what both of their emotional/physical/medical statuses were. I doubt they'll glean too terribly much from AL's internet footprint other than any research for his plans. They may also show how much she shared info on AL's condition with PL. My ex and I are friendly but don't really talk. We text each other when there's an issue with the kids. I doubt we're unusual in using that detached form of communication. I bet that a lot of divorced parents do as well.

Respectfully disagee on two points. Does not impress me from what I have read....lol so much has been incorrect...that she shared with anyone as I can get that easily....and after the fiasco of the mess up with the investigation into Casey Anthony computer..and the authorities never finding obvios stuff only to be outed nationally in the media for the omisssion last month......well...just sayin...

There is a lax on journalism these days...it does not exist much IMHO.

Too many merely just do synopsis of other media.... the locla criers which are franchised do independant folk, who gather from other soucemost of the time, imho, and CBS I refuse to even look at...well, after following high profile cases, and seeing how the appear to troll us and others,,,are there any independant reliable sources that any of you can vouch for time after time as I cannot find one and I really want one!

I'm bewildered by the current state of journalism as exemplified by much of the reporting about the shooter and the family of the shooter. It seems that in almost all breaking news situations with a lot of moving parts that the media is void of integrity and does their job the same way kids play the game "telephone" or "operator"; well that comparison may be offensive to the kids playing the game because with the kids at least the initial comment in the "operator" game is accurate....

Misreporting the shooters name is a big mistake but it sometimes happens, misreporting the shooters name and featuring several different photos of the same wrongfully named individual; there is no justification for that. But in a media world where being first is more important than being accurate AND a completely false story could receive hours of coverage but the retraction of that story receives seconds, maybe minutes of coverage. People are convicted in the public eye long before arrests are made, a trial is held or the voice of the wrongly targeted can be heard.

The media's behavior in this and other breaking news situations is similar to Gladys Kravitz (the neighborhood gossip on Bewitched); well except unlike the media, Gladys' gossip was sourced from multiple friends/neighbors or her own eyes and much more credible.

Think of the countless families who read or heard the original report from the NY Post and the comments attributed to the brother of the shooter. I'd speculate that some of those families may have been hurt or offended by what was nothing more than a fabrication. Think of the brother of the shooter who is again thrust into the spotlight in a major way because of the lack of editorial controls and a vetting process in journalism today.

It is important to note that Sunday is the day of the week with the highest newspaper readership. The New York Post has the 8th largest circulation in the nation and is 8th in number of unique visitors to online newspapers in the world. Additionally, the original story has been (and somehow continues to be) published and reported as fact by every major news outlet, including Associated Press which is the the world's oldest and largest newsgathering organization.

Additionally the New York Post is owned & operated by NewsCorp (who also owns FOX network, FOX News, the Wall Street Journal and many others). I highlight this fact because NewsCorp continues to face scrutiny and lawsuits in Britain for their unethical reporting and news gathering methods including:

For more on this, Reuters has a quick guide to the scandal: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/18/us-newscorp-quickguide-idUSTRE76H5SA20110718

I hope that this fabrication being reported as fact and every major news outlet spreading this fabrication as fact at viral news' version of "light speed" without doing their own independent confirmation, getting a second source for identity verification; I hope that this makes all of the other news outlets to review their single-sourced reporting, their six degrees of Kevin Bacon-like jedi mind tricks to connect someone to the shooter or his family as a "friend", and the obvious, blatant lack of an editorial process that allows such things to make it to broadcast or publication. I hope that they will review their own reporting and follow the NY Posts' lead in sharing their misreporting with the public and put controls in place to assure that misreporting doesn't continue.

Sadly, I doubt that will happen... :frown:

Adam was not normal, not in a bad way , we are a sum of our experiances, nature and nuture can send you in differt places, his mom was his only nuture.
i know a young man, his parents paid people to be his freind, i found the group home places good, to figure your limitations.

Maybe we're looking at this bass-ackwards. Instead of thinking his connection to the school was where the first concerns were raised about his "condition" (whatever that was at the time), maybe he went back there because it was the first (and last) time he felt comfortable with himself, being around friends, teachers, - well, just living. And he "hated" those kids because he couldn't feel that way again.

I say this because of that account by his 2nd grade teacher - she saw absolutely no red flags, had no real concerns about him either socially or academically. He was a basic, normal, happy boy.

So when did this Aspbergers diagnosis come into play? Or any diagnosis really. We know in high school he was assigned a faculty member to watch over him

because he couldn't feel any pain - and that went back to his days playing little league ball - didn't one of the players from back then speak out about having to be careful he didn't hurt himself? Wonder what age that started. Maybe it was later - 5th/6th grade that these "problems" started popping up. Didn't he leave in the middle of 5th grade?

What is the average age for someone who has this "can't feel pain" condition to surface?

Now I wonder how old he was before his problems started...........hhhmmmm..........

JMHO
Great questions and remarks Wise.
Hope we get the answers soon.

Yeah, I know about that. I was referencing teachers having to step out to manually lock their doors from the outside, not the principal and psychologist. I thought we were talking about individual classroom doors.

I knew what you meant brighidin....we were discussing individual classrooms.

Isolation and depression...yep. Not sure now much it is relevant to this case, but to me hits home big time right now. My mom passed in 94 and I was alone big time from family in another state. I then went into a downward spiral that lasted for two years...bad! In 2007, my fiance died, and when folks asked what can I do I asked not to be left alone at ALL for two weeks...it turned out to be three weeeks as my friends had me over to thir house in additions to staying at my nouse. Someone was always there even if in another room. And just this past week, a dear friend passed, and my offer was that I am ensuring the 85 year old wife of the man who passed is not alone for at least a month...so here I am with you folks as she has just turned out lights.

I have cancelled plans for going to family, but dayum, I am with loved ones, and hopefully helping another not to get in a vortex of depression. Matter of fact, will have her down at my house next week with another mid eighties woman for two days.

Guess the point of the whole diatribe here is just to do what you can within your own circle when the opportunity arises.

It is going to be the most fulfilling Chistmas!

That's very kind of you to carry on the kindness you received from others. Merry Christmas.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sandy-hook...spired-tragedy/story?id=18052650#.UNhXjneWTIU

Sandy Hook Shootings: Paying Forward Acts of Kindness Inspired by Tragedy
PHOTO: Crosses bearing the names of the Newtown shooting victims are displayed in the Sandy Hook village of Newtown, Conn., Saturday, Dec. 22, 2012.

"We've had so much help, we wanted to pay it forward and try to help somebody else," one woman said.

Now, Newtown is hoping people everywhere "pay it forward" in their own communities, with the memory of those lost in the shootings serving as inspiration.

It's a concept that seems to be spreading across America.

More at link above

This is written by a well-known author in the autism community, who has Asperger's:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/my-life-aspergers/201212/asperger-s-autism-and-mass-murder

I feel the need to say the autism community is reeling trying to put out fires because the initial mention that the shooter may have had Asperger's as well. This saddens, as well as angers me. My daughter doesn't want anyone to know she has asperger's because 'she doesn't want to deal with the drama'. She was bullied in middle school before we even had her diagnosis. I did e-mail her principal with my concerns over misconceptions being spread and she assured me that they would do their best to stay on top of things and correct anything she may hear from the teenage gossip line at school.

That doesn't explain what the door lock setup had to do with it. Oh well, guess I don't have to understand ;)

I just read in the local paper " the News Times" that Lauren Rousseau was a substitute and she did not have a key to lock her door. JMO It is possible that she did not receive lock- down training either. Her father is not " blaming anyone"
:-(

I really wish we would stop discussing "conspiracy boards" here. The truth is horrible enough without adding stuff to it.

JMO

I really wish we would stop discussing "conspiracy boards" here. The truth is horrible enough without adding stuff to it.

JMO

Merry Christmas.:)

I concur and moving forward posts regarding conspiracy theories and boards will be removed.

Thanks

well i am in the mental health system, because i am not "normal" anti social, don't feel pain,it is that i have to think about what you will understand when i say words, it is very tiring.
Adam was a child, it is an important time of life for social skills, it is was what she should of afforded -she had money. the system was good to me and my child, i would of given my child to the system if it was the best thing . Adams mother, the child needed social skills, he told jokes, he had people but she took him away.

Thanks for sharing. You say you don't feel pain. Can you explain what that means?

I agree that the financially well-off mother of AL could have done so much more than the average single mother in terms of providing professional help for her son. But I also think she was a very strong, independent woman who underestimated the severity of her son's needs and had encountered frustrating challenges within the educational and perhaps even mental health system and thus, resorted to home-schooling and self-help for her son.

I think society as a whole needs to revamp our educational and mental health system to allow for easier access and greater resources for people, particularly children, with special needs.

Remembering by remembering what they loved.

Services held privately; date unknown:

Avielle Rose Richman, 6

Her passions and joys were her friends, music, horseback riding, archery, kung fu, swimming, ice skating, and participating in super hero adventures.

The family is making arrangements for a memorial fund for those who wish to contribute.

Madeleine F. Hsu, 6

The family of Madeleine F. Hsu, 6, has requested privacy.

Services Saturday, December 22, 2012:

Josephine Grace Gay, 7

Josephine was known for her love of all things purple, so we request that friends and family wear purple in her honor. Many friends and family describe Josephine as “a gift.” In celebration of her joyful and giving spirit, a charitable fund is being created in her honor. Information about this fund and her life will be released shortly.

Emilie Alice Parker, 6

Emilie loved to read. She loved to read stories, not only with her mom and dad, but also she could often be found with her sisters, Madeline and Samantha, dressed in costumes, reading stories with them. Her sisters looked up to her and sought her out for comfort when they needed it. Emilie always wanted to help people feel better. Her compassion and charity was exemplified by her hugs, the cards she would make, and her statements that, “I wish everybody could just be happy.”

Ana Grace Marquez-Greene, 6

Ana’s love for singing was evident before she was able to talk. Her gift for melody, pitch, and rhythm stood out. She never walked; her mode of transportation was dance, from room to room and place to place. She danced to all the music she heard, in the air or in her head.

Ana loved her God, loved to read the Bible, and loved to sing and dance as acts of worship.

Memorial donations may be made to The Ana Grace Marquez-Greene Therapy Fund, c/o Outpatient Clinic/Family Therapy Institute, Klingberg Family Centers, 370 Linwood Street, New Britain CT 06052, or The Artists’ Collective, 1200 Albany Avenue, Hartford CT 06112, or The Ana Grace Marquez-Green Scholarship Fund, c/o Western Connecticut State University, Office of Institutional Advancement, 181 White Street, Danbury CT 06810. A fund to support the family has been set up at www.Anagracefund.com.

Services Friday, December 21, 2012:

Olivia Rose Engel, 6

As Olivia continued to grow, she developed a love and affinity for math and reading, arts and crafts, and her parish. Participating in her church’s CCD program and leading the family’s Grace each evening were sources of great pride for Olivia, as was being a big sister. Ever patient, Olivia took joy in helping her three-year-old brother Brayden explore the world she’d grown to love. This smart, bubbly NY Yankee fan and Daisy Girl Scout would instantly light up a room with her humor, charm, and wit.

In lieu of flowers, contributions in Olivia’s honor can be directed to the Newtown Park and Bark at newtownparkandbark.org .

Dylan Christopher Jack Hockley, 6

He loved to cuddle, play tag every morning at the bus stop with our neighbors, bounce on the trampoline, play computer games, watch movies, the color purple, seeing the moon and eating his favorite foods, especially chocolate. He was learning to read and was so proud when he read us a new book every day. He adored his big brother Jake, his best friend and role model.

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/D...#ixzz2FfXt7MqC

Memorial contributions may be made to the Dylan Hockley Memorial Fund, 34 Charter Ridge Road, Sandy Hook CT, 06482.

Grace Audrey McDonnell, 7

A beautiful and artistic soul, Grace was truly a gift from God and represented all that is good in this world. She was passionate about painting, and she loved the beach. Grace’s dream was to become a painter and live on Martha’s Vineyard.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that you consider making a donation to the Grace Memorial Fund at the Fairfield County Community Foundation. If you choose to do so, please make your check payable to “Grace McDonnell Memorial Fund at FCCF” and mail it to Fairfield County Community Foundation, 383 Main Avenue, Norwalk CT 06851.

Rachel Davino, 29

She had the greatest sense of humor. She found humor in almost anything. She was almost like an actress and she loved dressing up when she was younger. She was a hoot.

She loved her dogs, but she also loved frogs, snakes and mice

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...180,full.story

Mary J. Greene Sherlach, 56

She started her career working in psychiatric facilities in New York. Her work as a school psychologist began in North Haven and Redding. In 1994 she started her work at Sandy Hook Elementary School, doing what she termed “God's work” by helping children who needed her the most.

Ms Sherlach is remembered as a loving wife and mother, and a caring soul who was always there to lend an ear or a shoulder to someone in need.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Fairfield County Community Foundation, Fund for Health and Wellness, 383 Main Avenue, Norwalk CT 06851 to continue her work with children and mental health.

Services Thursday, December 20, 2012:

Allison Wyatt, 6

Allison loved drawing and wanted to be an artist, often turning parts of the house into an “art studio” with rows of pictures taped to the walls. She loved to laugh and was developing her own wonderful sense of humor that ranged from just being a silly six-year old to coming up with observations that more than once had her family crying with laughter.

To honor Allison's memory or to assist her sister, please consider donations to either the Allison Wyatt Memorial Fund, Steve DeMartino, c/o TransAct Technology Inc, One Hamden Center, 2319 Whitney Avenue, Suite 3B, Hamden CT 06518 or a check payable to Ben Wyatt as Custodian, same address.

Catherine Violet Hubbard, 6

She will be remembered for her passion of animals and constant smile. Her family prays that she, all the students of Sandy Hook Elementary, and all those affected by this brutal event find peace in their hearts.

In lieu of flowers the family is requesting donations be made to the Newtown Animal Center, PO Box 475, Newtown CT 06470.

Benjamin Andrew Wheeler, 6

He was a devoted fan of his older brother, Nate, and the two of them together filled the house with the noise of four children. He loved the local soccer program, often running across the field long after it was actually necessary, but always smiling and laughing as he moved the ball, nearly always at full tilt. He was becoming a strong swimmer and loved his lessons.

Earlier in December, Ben performed at his piano recital, and sitting still long enough to play one piece was an accomplishment he reveled in. He loved The Beatles, lighthouses, and the number 7 train to Sunnyside, Queens.

It is suggested that memorial donations be made to the Benjamin Wheeler Fund, c/o Trinity Episcopal Church, 36 Main Street, Newtown CT 06470.

Jesse McCord Lewis, 6

Jesse left an indelible mark on the hearts of all he met. The picture that remains etched in family’s souls is one of him in his boots, no socks, ripped jeans, and a t-shirt, an army helmet strapped to his head, a smudge of dirt on his cheek, tromping through the pasture on his way from one adventure to another.

In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Voice for Joanie Inc, 5 Glenwood Road, New Milford CT 06776 or at voiceforjoanie.org .

Lauren Gabrielle Rousseau, 30

She is also mourned by Anthony Lusardi III of Cortlandt Manor, N.Y., the love of her life.

Ms Rousseau was known for her exuberance for life, love of family, her friendliness, kindness, and loyalty, and her ever-present smile.

She was a kindergartner at Hayestown Avenue School, then attended Roberts Avenue School, Broadview Middle School, and Danbury High School, where her greatest joys were singing and dancing in the yearly musical and teaching in the school-based nursery school.

Anne Marie Murphy, 52

She will be remembered for her love of the arts, walks in the outdoors, and most importantly: her family.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Autism Speaks, 1060 State Road, 2nd Floor, Princeton NJ 08540, or at www.autismspeaks.org .

Nancy Champion Lanza, 52

Services Wednesday, December 19, 2012:

Charlotte Helen Bacon, 6

Charlotte never met an animal she didn’t love, and since the age of 2 wanted to be a veterinarian. She also enjoyed practicing Tae Kwon Do weekly with her dad and brother, where she relished kicking and throwing punches.

In lieu of flowers, contributions in her memory may be sent to Christ the King Lutheran Church, 85 Mt Pleasant Road, Newtown CT 06470.

Daniel Gerard Barden, 7

He loved spending time with his family, both immediate and extended, riding waves at the beach, playing the drums in a band with his brother James and sister Natalie, foosball, reading, and making s’mores around the bonfire with his cousins at his “Papa’s” house in Smallwood, N.Y. Daniel was on the Newtown soccer team and the Newtown Torpedoes swim team.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Daniel’s name to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund, c/o Newtown Savings Bank, 39 Main Street, Newtown CT 06470, or checks may be dropped off at any Newtown Savings Bank branch location. To donate on-line, go to http://newtown.uwwesternct.org .

Caroline Phoebe Previdi, 6

She was a first grade student at the school and a lifetime resident of Sandy Hook. Caroline was a member of St Rose of Lima Church in Newtown. Caroline loved to draw and dance. Her smile brought happiness to everyone she touched.

Contributions in Caroline's memory may be made to The Toy Chest, c/o St Rose of Lima Church, 46 Church Hill Road, Newtown CT 06470.

Chase Michael Anthony Kowalski, 7

Joining the Cub Scouts was just one of his many interests. He could often be found in the yard playing ball, riding his bike or quad. Chase was always excited to attend the kids work shop at the Trumbull Home Depot.

In lieu of flowers please make a donation to the Chase Kowalski Scholarship Fund, c/o Peoples Bank, 470 Monroe Turnpike, Monroe CT 06468.

Victoria “Vicki” Leigh Soto, 27

Some of her favorite things include flamingoes, of which you can never have too many (whenever we saw one, her family thought of her), the New York Yankees #11, and, most importantly, Christmas, as she was the only one allowed to pick out the tree and put up the lights.

Her friends were also such a big part of her life, especially her best friend and confidant Rachel Schiavone, whom she loved dearly. Ms Soto also leaves behind her loving dog, Roxie, who waited for her to come home everyday, and is still waiting, lost without her.

The family has requested in lieu of flowers that donations be made to the Victoria L. Soto Memorial Fund for Education, through the Funeral home.

Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, 47

Beloved daughter, mother, wife, grandmother, and friend, she was a dedicated teacher who inspired her students to reach their fullest potential by instilling in them the importance of life-long learning. A fierce leader and educational activist, Ms Hochsprung was admired by her colleagues, students, and parents, particularly for her caring and nurturing nature. She often referred to her students as her “children” and wanted school to be a positive place and a safe haven.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Dawn Lafferty – Hochsprung Memorial Fund, Waterbury Connecticut Federal Teacher’s Union, PO Box 2121, Waterbury, CT 06722.

Services Tuesday, December 18, 2012:

Jessica Adrienne Rekos, 6

Jessica loved horseback riding, learning about orcas, writing, and playing with her little brothers.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Newtown Rotary Sandy Hook School Fund, PO Box 263, Newtown CT 06482.

James Radley Mattioli, 6 ¾

James loved to dive off the diving board at the Treadwell Pool, swim like a fish in both of his grandparents’ pools and ride his bike, proudly without training wheels. He often said, “I need to go outside Mom, I need fresh air.” He spent endless hours playing hockey with his best bud and cousin, George.

James was born four weeks early at Bridgeport Hospital. It was an ongoing quip that James came into the world early because he was hungry. He loved hamburgers with ketchup, his Dad’s egg omelets with bacon, and his Mom’s French toast. He often asked to stop at Subway for dinner for a ham sandwich, and wanted to know how old he needed to be to order a footlong sandwich.

In lieu of flowers, a donation may be made in James’ memory to the James R. Mattioli Memorial Fund, c/o Newtown Savings Bank, 39 Main Street, Newtown CT 06470.

Services Monday, December 17, 2012:

Jack Armistead Pinto, 6

Jack was an avid participant in a wide variety of activities including flag football, baseball, basketball, wrestling, and snow skiing. Jack was an incredibly loving and vivacious young boy, appreciated by all who knew him for his lively and giving spirit and steely determination.

[Jack loved NY Giants receiver Victor Cruz.]

Noah Samuel Pozner, 6

[Noah loved tacos.]

Memorial contributions may be directed to the planting of trees in Israel.

These are only small glimpses mostly taken from the obituaries at http://newtownbee.com/

My heart goes out to the families, the community and for us all.

Peace on earth; goodwill towards men.

(Apologies for not being able to stay current with this. I'm working extra shifts for the holidays.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA