Conrad Murray trial -Day eight.

Propofol bottle could have fallen out of saline bag when stashed. Alvarez could be the only witness that saw it inside the saline bag. Any medical person would want to know why the saline bag was cut open; no one would do this since the interior is sterile, that is, no one except Dr. Murray.

side note by me: Chernoff comes across to me as though he views this trial as a complete waste of his time. Heavy sighs and flaying of hands/arms, irritable tone to voice.

Asking about the three 3A forms. Asks wit to describe what the form is and she says one of their forms to document medical evidence.

He asks about her narrative and asks her to describe what a narrative is (weird question, the description speaks for itself to me)

Now asking her if she has coroner cases notes and what those contain. She says those notes contain notes that may not have been in the narrative or form 3A.

Def showing her case notes and asking if those are her case notes.
Wit: yes

Now asking her about where her notes said there was a propofol bottle inside the IV bag.
Wit says she did not write that down in her report or notes.

Def asking if Mar 29 2011 was first time she wrote this down
Wit yes

Def who asked her to revise this
Pros objected
Judge sustained

Def do you remember a week before those notes were taken, meeting with me at coroner's office
wit yes
Def now naming who else was at the meeting, (several attys, coroner, toxocoligist)
wit yes
def do you remember me asking you about that iv bag
wit no i don't remember that
def do you not remember me asking and the coroner said "stop right there you need to ask these questions in writing"
pros objected
judge sustained

def when was the first time you put this in writing on your report
wit i don't remember
def wasn't it when you heard a witness had described it that way
wit no i've never talked to a witness
def well didn't you hear alvarez describe it this way
wit no

def still asking questions trying to get witness to admit to something
pro objecting
judge sustained

def asking about notes being destroyed
wit always destroys notes from scene once she writes her 3A report

def asking why she does this
wit i do that in all my cases

def ms fleak would you agree with me that you made a substantial number of mistakes in this case
wit no

def would you agree with me that if you don't take notes and don't keep your notes, that is bad investigated technique
wit no

def then why do you take notes
wit to complete your report

I know it is SOP, but I really wish they wouldn't destroy notes. JMO

As a nurse, I have taken notes during a code and then filled out incident forms later, referring to my original notes.
I do not save my original "shorthanded, scrawled" notes, either. Do any of you other nurses?

Oh my I like her she gots the Fisty in her Go girl GO!!!!!!!

I git a thumb for you MR Defense

Here we go

Defense asking about the thumb print. Asked if witness considered any of that a mistake.

I still don't understand the bottle of propofol inside the cut saline bag....

For this case I wish they would have saved everything.
Im sure they wish as well.
Doesnt matter much but the defense is doing a good job today imo.

I agree. I don't understand why all LE has not changed this procedure. They should have to keep them or attach them to these forms. Never know when a case will come back to prove guilt or innocence and every little bit is needed. Notes can be helpful to jog the memory, and the forms are rushed due to other work. Should have changed years ago, for the ENTIRE United States.

and more sloppy practice, no photo of vital evidence found on the floor but photos after it was moved to the table, some jurors may question the scene investigation,

I have always said that the first thing that should be done at every crime scene or suspicious death is the whole scene should be videotaped, then it would remove all this insinuation that defence attys do because evidence wasn't collected properly etc

with a video of the scene and close ups of important evidence then it documents the scene as found,

I still don't understand the bottle of propofol inside the cut saline bag....

I thought at first that DrM was compartmentalizing you when you pick up trach I would stuff a papertowel in a box as I am cleaning up a room to save hands(if that makes sense) but others with medical training I think aare theorizing that the milk was in the bag as a crude drip system that dump way to much into his system. Sorry I am not sure who said that and I hope I got that right :fence:

For this case I wish they would have saved everything.
Im sure they wish as well.
Doesnt matter much but the defense is doing a good job today imo.

he is doing much better, initially his cross were poor but now he has stuff to work with he is forensic in his exam

and he is showing many things not done correctly, sloppy practices ie the fingerprint, never documenting the propofol bag was inside the saline bag, revising her notes after a meeting pre trial,

When doing meds, I've also taken notes during the shift, regarding the times given, patients' complaints, effects of meds, etc.

Then when time allows, I document into the patients' charts.
I always throw those notes away, also. My guess is that most people
do the same. This guy is a jerk for questioning why Ms Fleak threw her
notes away. If like mine, prolly no one could read them except her.

So if the DT is after what?? To prove the seen was compromised?? Proofing what?? MJ did from a propofal od DrM admitted admin the propofal what could be compromised???? Confussed

for me he has damaged her opinions and credibilty as a professional investigator, considering the high profile nature of the case this was a dead MJ I would have expected the best and most experienced investigators to have been used

not one who left a print on evidence or does not document one of the most vital pieces of evidence ie the propofol inside the cut bag

Oh my I like her she gots the Fisty in her Go girl GO!!!!!!!

I git a thumb for you MR Defense

She does.
But I noticed a change in her voice/pitch when asked certain questions.
Her responses to some of the questions.....she responds in a tone as if she is being accused of something. Wish I knew how to explain it better....dang I hate that I have such terrible grammar, sentence structure and Nooooo ability to explain in type what my gray matter is thinking. :maddening:
But anyway, many questions she starts and ends her response almost as if feeling attacked. I wish she would keep her voice/tone consistent like she did when she was asked questions by the Pros.

To me, the trials I've seen, as soon as the witness changes the way they respond when the other side is asking the questions, the jury sits up and takes notice.

I wish someone could send her a coded secret message to keep her responses clear and not sounding like she's being accused. She needs to sound/feel totally confident like she did when Pro was asking her questions.

So if the DT is after what?? To prove the seen was compromised?? Proofing what?? MJ did from a propofal od DrM admitted admin the propofal what could be compromised???? Confussed

Good ole doubt casting.

Defense found a weak spot today. Im surprised. Conrad must be as well, his face isnt as long today. Lol. Dont care for him at all. We arent rich and famous but MJ could have been anybodys father brother son. :banghead:

I think he needs to be more concerned that there's
no doctor's notes whatsoever during this time!

I think he needs to be more concerned that there's
no doctor's notes whatsoever during this time!

he will have his very own explanation for that, today he is putting this investigators feet to the fire and imo he has burnt them

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back