Conrad Murray trial -Day four.

OMG why would defense call this witness??? Got to be something bad coming up here.

The qualities that make propofol a popular sedative also make it a recreational drug for some in the medical profession. It doesn't show up in standard drug tests in the urine, and with a half-life of only five minutes, it doesn't leave the user groggy or affect behavior in a way that signals a substance-abuse problem.
The study cited seven deaths. Dr. Wischmeyer and others in the field say that they know of other cases and estimate that the total number of deaths is at least several dozen in recent years.

"If you try to count backward from 100 after it's injected, you don't get to 97," says Dr. Wischmeyer. He and others say the drug is safe for hospital patients as long as a medical worker monitors "airway management" and provides oxygen as needed to ensure breathing doesn't stop.

Anesthetists and users say propofol can bring a brief but captivating high as the sedation wears off. Some call the habit, "dancing with a white rabbit," referring to the drug's color and hallucinogens of the 1960s. Others call it "pronapping," because the drug induces a short rest for medical personnel between long shifts.
Paul Earley, medical director of Talbott Recovery Campus in Atlanta, which treats many medical professionals for substance abuse, said addictions to opiates and other drugs obscured the growing use of propofol.

"I was injecting it 50 times a day when I was in my worst period," says an anesthesiologist in the Midwest, who recently completed a stint in rehabilitation to kick the propofol habit. He said he began "pronapping" a couple of years ago while under stress from his job, family and finances. He hid the signs of shooting up by putting a port for a syringe on his leg, where it wasn't visible.

At night, he would inject the drug into the port in the bathroom, where his wife assumed he was brushing his teeth. "Sometimes it acted so fast, I couldn't get back to bed in time," said the anesthesiologist. He would pass out on the floor, terrifying his wife, and he said that on occasion he broke his nose or cheekbone or sprained a wrist.
Propofol is so potent that a tiny amount -- 20 milligrams -- can be the difference between rest and death. "It enters your bloodstream fast, and even highly trained anesthesiologists can't control it, and die. They don't even have seconds to pull out the needle," said Art Zwerling, a registered nurse anesthetist and counselor with the Association of Nurse Anesthetists, a 39,000-member group.
Clarence Ward, a California anesthesiologist, wrote in a 2008 article in the California Society of Anesthesiologists bulletin, that too many doctors don't acknowledge abuse. In an interview, he said people die "not necessarily from intent, but from an inability to control a drug that causes abrupt loss of consciousness."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124951605785809351.html

OMG why would defense call this witness??? Got to be something bad coming up here.

Because the doc has a history of mishaps.

I have no links, but recall reading about it after MJ died.

Oh no he is a propofol victim!

If it was in hospital, he would have had an anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist. Meds for BP plus sedation could have bottomed out his BP, this is not unusual. This is reason things like this are done in a hospital.

Ooh, I hope Dr. Murray didn't lie about this man needing more stents.

Wonder if DT has a change of clothes with them today. :floorlaugh:

With a virtual 50/50 likelihood of fatal overdose, I would like any of your input on what evidence exists of an organized crime scene that would indicate planning had been done in the event of MJ's death.

Also, did CM introduce this drug to MJ?

Does anyone feel this could have fit a 1st Degree Murder charge? Even if the chances of conviction are remote, it could have led to plea-bargain to plead no contest to the involuntary manslaughter charge. Did the prosecution want the accolades for getting the manslaughter conviction in court?

yes I do. He was a cracker jack doc who didn't pull his head out of his a$$.

If this guy had a bad experience with Murray at the hospital, why would he go to him for a follow-up appt. I would have switched doctors stat.

Not sure what the purpose is here....

He went under the knife AGAIN with Dr. M? WTH? Is he loopy!!!

He went under the knife AGAIN with Dr. M? WTH? Is he loopy!!!

He seemed to like him. Him an murray exchanged a happy glance, I shot it and will post in in the photo and evidence links thread later.

Discussing a patient with someone else. :nono:

With a virtual 50/50 likelihood of fatal overdose, I would like any of your input on what evidence exists of an organized crime scene that would indicate planning had been done in the event of MJ's death.

Also, did CM introduce this drug to MJ?

Does anyone feel this could have fit a 1st Degree Murder charge? Even if the chances of conviction are remote, it could have led to plea-bargain to plead no contest to the involuntary manslaughter charge. Did the prosecution want the accolades for getting the manslaughter conviction in court?

I tend to think he might have been working in "limits " but he accepted those. I am not convinced he was "allowed " to have certain things in the house and that Micheal insisted on his way.

So Micheal was going to die with or without DR Murray but maybe the doctor thought he could help him really not die. Micheal had this addiction already he was seeing Klein for it which is why he isnt on that witness list for the SA. (i think)

I dont think it fits first degree yet ,but it may later.We will never know everything. Not until the security guard writes his book if he isnt hiding stuff that indicates something about himself.

Murray prescribed therapy in his office for an hour a day for seven weeks. I am curious about the cost of this treatment. If he did this to very many patients that 150,000 a month is a paltry amount. EECP therapy. Around here follow up therapy is done through the hospital's therapy department. Apparently its different in Las Vegas.

the prosecutor is really abrasive. I'm not sure I like her. but this witness is interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back