Conrad Murray trial -Day fourteen.

Dr. Shafer said propofol is injected intravenously not by IM administration. MJ would have to find a vein to stick the needle in and and he said propofol burns and is very painful. He said Murray said MJs veins were in poor condition. Dr.S does not believe MJ injected himself.

BBM

Nor have I ever, from the very beginning!

If MJ had spent as much time begging CM for the propofol...
and if MJ truly wanted only propofol as badly as CM said he did...
and if MJ were an addict & was used to giving himself meds, like CM said he did.....
then IMO, it seems that MJ would not have called CM in the first place to come over to give meds.

Drug addicts, med seekers, people in severe pain/discomfort don't usually wait around for their doctor
to come to their house to supervise their meds... knowing full well that they may be "lectured" or will
not be given high enough doses to satisfy them.

I do not believe that Michael Jackson was abusing drugs, nor that he was presently addicted to any drugs.
He would have been having severe withdrawal symptons at rehearsal... and he would've been way too sick
to perform the dances and direct the other dancers or been able to take direction from others...
like during the Bogart Movie. And he would've had more drugs in his system at autopsy, from maintaining his
addiction or habit, in order to just behave/perform normally.

And even if he had been giving himself meds during rehearsal, too many people would have seen his different
levels of his getting/being high..... & his coming down off the drug, the W/D sx and the changes in his ability to perform at rehearsal.

Michael Jackson did not take the meds himself.
Michael Jackson did not kill himself, accidently or otherwise.
Michael Jackson had, at one time, been addicted to pain meds, after he was caught on fire.
MJ went for treatment at the Betty ford Clinic (I think it was... or was it in England?).

He learned at treatment that if he ever needed to be on meds again, that he would need medication
supervision and administration, by a nurse or a doctor.
And that is what Michael Jackson did do. IMO.

I am just sooo angered and sooo sad and soooo disappointed that someone he trusted and to whom
he was going to pay a huge salary, ended up killing Michael... instead of keeping him comfortable and alive.

Does anyone think the state will rest today?

I really did not think that the prosecution would take this long with this witness. I figured prosecution would be done and cross would be over yesterday afternoon or this morning, so this witness is lasting longer than I would have ever thought they would.

If I were Dr White, I would take the lunch break and just keep on walking.

And not return to court at all!

I just can't imagine what Dr. White could possibly say on the witness stand to counteract what the last three prosecution witnesses have said. So I guess I will be surprised if he makes any kind of sense.

That made me think of "These Boots Are Made For Walking". Only I think prosecution is wearing those walking all over you boots instead of defense.

I wasn't looking at my screen, but I heard the loud laughter after Dr Shafer made a joke.

Anyone see if the DT and Conrad laughed, too??

Deprived I am.... and deprived I'll stay.....

Seeing all this conversation about NG -- I do know who she is and have tried to watch her shows, but when I do, my DH looks at me like he is getting ready to dial 911 and ask for the men in the white coats... and since she's become so rabid, IMO, I don't watch her now. I've seen the forum on her, among others here on WS...Wall of Shame...

But I don't know these others -- Dr. Drew, Beth Karas (is that the name?), Greta V.S,, etc., etc. I thought I should try them, so I did yesterday and a bit today, but I just could not keep it up, (It's me, I know) so please do not hold it against me if I can't contribute to this part of the trial...

Just call me, "Still crazy after all these years & do not need to go any nearer the edge.... " :crazy:
------------------

The State is having another banner day!

From Dr. Shafer, "I was disappointed..." mmmmm, mmmmm... So polite, but in those two words.... his colleague...that's got to be tuff for him...

Dr. White has mostly kept his head down, and CM is showing a knitted brow a bit more than before. Surely, Shirley, he knows he's sunk. Isn't he?

The Fat Lady hasn't even picked out her singin' dress yet , I know, but I think I hear her tuning up...

Dr. Murray's bail terms allowed him to continue practicing medicine after Michael died and imo his medical license should have been suspended either by the Court or through the governing body that oversees the conduct of local physicians and surgeons.

Does anyone know whether Dr. Murray actually did return to work after he was officially charged with MJ's death?

Dr. Murray's bail terms allowed him to continue practicing medicine after Michael died and imo his medical license should have been suspended either by the Court or through the governing body that oversees the conduct of local physicians and surgeons.

Does anyone know whether Dr. Murray actually did return to work after he was officially charged with MJ's death?

Part of the terms of his bond was the suspension of his medical liscense. It sounded like he had to sell his clinics, or close them. The lady that worked in his Las Vegas clinic was talking about not working for Murray anymore because he had to close the clinics because of this.

I really did not think that the prosecution would take this long with this witness. I figured prosecution would be done and cross would be over yesterday afternoon or this morning, so this witness is lasting longer than I would have ever thought they would.

The prosecution appears to be too professional to do so, but it would be funny if they were prolonging
Dr Shafer's testimony, just to make the Defense Team and CM squirm, sweat, and shake.... more so than they already are!

I wasn't looking at my screen, but I heard the loud laughter after Dr Shafer made a joke.

Anyone see if the DT and Conrad laughed, too??

The only time I noticed the cameras on the defense they were all hudled around Dr. White discussing something.

Get ready, sports fans!!

Here we go!!!
(Run to the bathroom now, this is gonna be good!)

And I have to go to a dentist appointment in 45 minutes! Dang it!
I think I'll cancel. In fact, I don't care if my teeth rot and all fall out.
In fact, that would be fun...

On HLN during the lunch break, one of the male TH's who was in the courtroom reported that there was a loud conversation between Flannagan and White. All he reported was that he heard the phrase, "don't take it personally" by Flannagan. Oh, to know everything the reporter heard! Seems Dr. White is none too happy about what his old friend is saying about him.

I have a feeling that the defense will wrap up later today and Flannagan will be crossing well into tomorrow, if not all day. IMHO only.

Peace, I have just finished all the appointments I cancelled during the CA trial this summer!

On HLN during the lunch break, one of the male TH's who was in the courtroom reported that there was a loud conversation between Flannagan and White. All he reported was that he heard the phrase, "don't take it personally" by Flannagan. Oh, to know everything the reporter heard! Seems Dr. White is none too happy about what his old friend is saying about him.

I have a feeling that the defense will wrap up later today and Flannagan will be crossing well into tomorrow, if not all day. IMHO only.

Peace, I have just finished all the appointments I cancelled during the CA trial this summer!

It kind of looks like Dr. White has left the courtroom, or has moved his chair. The last time the camera went to the defense table I couldn't see him behind them. I am hearing "These boots are made for walking" again.

Witness set up an iv holder, a saline bag, and the infusion tubing. This is even better than the video. It is right there in front of the jury.

I hope he shows how Murray spiked the propofol in the empty saline bag direct flow into MJ.

Conrad writing notes and passing them to his atty, pointing on his pad to where he wanted the atty to read.

I like how the camera can focus on Whalgren & the DT & CM at the same time!!!

HHMMM, witness just showed how there is a part of the label on the propofol bottle that is used as a hanger, who knew? So then why was the saline bag split open. Didn't Murray realize the propofol bottle had a hanger on it?

OMG. Attys are at sidebar, conferring with Judge.
CM's expression! Like he is seeing a ghost!

And I have to leave! Just when it looks like something big's gonna happen.

Oh darn. Now a little break time so the Jurors can use the bathroom.

Please... someone keep transcribing so I can come right back after the dentist and see what happened.

Thanx in advance.

P.S. I understand the IV set up and what Dr Shafer thinks CM did. I don't need that explained, but anything else worth reporting.... TIA

I just can't imagine what Dr. White could possibly say on the witness stand to counteract what the last three prosecution witnesses have said. So I guess I will be surprised if he makes any kind of sense.

That made me think of "These Boots Are Made For Walking". Only I think prosecution is wearing those walking all over you boots instead of defense.

BBM - And regardless of what he may be getting paid for his consultation/testimony, Dr. White will not throw himself under the bus for CM or anyone else. His testimony has got to make sense and be truthful -- he has a good reputation, we've been told, and he surely wants to keep it that way.

I'm with you, Thundar, what can this man possibly say to mitigate CM's actions and Shafer's testimony? We'll see, we'll see.

Part of the terms of his bond was the suspension of his medical liscense. It sounded like he had to sell his clinics, or close them. The lady that worked in his Las Vegas clinic was talking about not working for Murray anymore because he had to close the clinics because of this.

At a hearing on June 14 2010, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor refused to suspend Murray's California medical license despite a request by state authorities to bar him from praticing, saying he did not have the authority to revoke it.

The cardiologist has continued to work in Houston and Las Vegas, where he maintains practices. His attorney, Ed Chernoff, has argued that the loss of Murray's California medical license will negatively affect his Texas and Nevada operations, and filed court papers Friday revealing that those states have allowed Murray to practice provided he doesn't administer sedatives like Propofol.

Murray gained a much-needed dose of good press last month when helped revive a woman who became unconscious on a US Airways flight from Houston to Phoenix.

At a hearing on Tuesday, January 11, 2011, Conrad Murray was ordered to stand trial on a count of involuntary manslaughter and Judge Michael Pastor then ordered the suspension of Murray's license as a condition to the doctor's bail.

The ruling was issued by Los Angeles Superior Judge Michael Pastor after a six-day preliminary hearing that included Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said testimony presented during a six-day hearing into Murray's treatment of the pop icon had convinced him that allowing the cardiologist to keep his license "would constitute an imminent danger to public safety."

More than 20 witnesses who mostly detailed Murray's actions during Jackson's final hours testified at the preliminary hearing.

The California Medical Board has already tried several times to have Dr. Conrad Murray's license suspended.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...katherine-joe-jackson-fight/story?id=10910329

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-jackson-doctor-in-court-wednesday,0,3544076.story

At a hearing on June 14 2010, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor refused to suspend Murray's California medical license despite a request by state authorities to bar him from praticing, saying he did not have the authority to revoke it.

The cardiologist has continued to work in Houston and Las Vegas, where he maintains practices. His attorney, Ed Chernoff, has argued that the loss of Murray's California medical license will negatively affect his Texas and Nevada operations, and filed court papers Friday revealing that those states have allowed Murray to practice provided he doesn't administer sedatives like Propofol.

Murray gained a much-needed dose of good press last month when helped revive a woman who became unconscious on a US Airways flight from Houston to Phoenix.

At a hearing on Tuesday, January 11, 2011, Conrad Murray was ordered to stand trial on a count of involuntary manslaughter and Judge Michael Pastor then ordered the suspension of Murray's license as a condition to the doctor's bail.

The ruling was issued by Los Angeles Superior Judge Michael Pastor after a six-day preliminary hearing that included more than 20 witnesses who mostly detailed Murray's actions during Jackson's final hours.

The California Medical Board has already tried several times to have Dr. Conrad Murray's license suspended.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...katherine-joe-jackson-fight/story?id=10910329

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-jackson-doctor-in-court-wednesday,0,3544076.story

“Conrad Murray, the physician accused of injecting Michael Jackson with a lethal amount of sedatives, was ordered to stand trial on a count of involuntary manslaughter.
Judge Michael Pastor then ordered the suspension of Murray's license as a condition to the doctor's bail.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said testimony presented during a six-day hearing into Murray's treatment of the pop icon had convinced him that allowing the cardiologist to keep his license "would constitute an imminent danger to public safety."

http://www.popeater.com/2011/01/11/conrad-murray-license-suspended/

The cardiologist has continued to work in Houston and Las Vegas, where he maintains practices. His attorney, Ed Chernoff, has argued that the loss of Murray's California medical license will negatively affect his Texas and Nevada operations, and filed court papers Friday revealing that those states have allowed
Murray to practice provided he doesn't administer sedatives like Propofol.

The ruling was issued by Los Angeles Superior Judge Michael Pastor after a six-day preliminary hearing that included more than 20 witnesses who mostly detailed Murray's actions during Jackson's final hours.

So which is it? Did he get his liscense suspended or not. And is it just in California or all over? What you posted is really confusing.

One of the earlier witnesses had worked for Murray in his Las Vegas clinic and stated she did not work for him anymore because he had to close his clinic.

So which is it? Did he get his liscense suspended or not. And is it just in California or all over? What you posted is really confusing.

One of the earlier witnesses had worked for Murray in his Las Vegas clinic and stated she did not work for him anymore because he had to close his clinic.

I had major computer problems this afternoon so I edited my post so it makes sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back