Conrad Murray trial -Day twelve.

d: he did treat him with propofol for approx 2 months correct
w: the records do seem to indicate that
d: and nothing indicates there were any problems with that
w: i'm not sure i have records to review to say one way or another
d: so even though nothing bad happened in that time, you'd still say he violated standard of care
w: right, in making a decision as to the degree of the violation of standard, the end result is not something i would take into consideration. death is not why decision that was extreme violation of care

Defense: A Dr. can practice bad medicine, what you would consider bad medicine and still get a good result.

Witness is now explaining good standard of care again.

Doesn't Flanagan check each night the reviews or tapes to see how well/badly he is doing?

ME: flanagan thinks that standard of care is irrelevant as long as nothing bad happens. It only matters if something bad happens. He likes to play russian roulette, i'm thinking.

ME: flanagan thinks that standard of care is irrelevant as long as nothing bad happens. It only matters if something bad happens. He likes to play russian roulette, i'm thinking.

I wonder how far he is willing to go with this line of questioning? This could backfire on him big time depending on how the witness answers.

Oh, dear. Isn't the first lesson for atty, do not ask a question you don't know the answer to. He keeps asking questions that just gives the witness to pound in what he and the other doctor said yesterday. I just don't understand.

So far, I've heard this witness say at least twice this morning Dr. M actions caused the death. Now, he's on to making it sound like record keeping and charting is not that big of a deal.

Defense just pointed out that there were no records (charting) from June 25th.

Witness just explained why charting is essential for following trends in patient care.

Witness also pointed out in medicine that you do not keep these things in your mind.

Defense asks the fact that Murray did not record any of these things only means that you cannot follow, not that he can't (paraphrased again).

Witness now explaining why that is not so.

WOW, defense has jumped the ship here!

Hubby just asked me again who is questioning this witness? def or prosecution. Told him defense. He shook his head.

Dr. K is making really good points here and Flanagan is just opening doors left and right for him.

I still believe that MJ was dead for several hours. I don't think there was much discussion, if any,
between the 2 of them whether or not CM would give propofol. Why change or get MJ upset now
after he's been getting in for the 30+ days prior.

I think CM started the IV as soon as he arrived at MJ's (around Midnight?) and then went to talk
on the phone and/or went to sleep himself.

Defense, the failure to chart was not the cause of death was it?

Witness: it contributed to the cause of death.

Oh my, oh my, oh my

Defense now gets to the meat: lorazapam

Okay, here we go again. Flanagan asking if the combination of lorazepam and propofol is what killed MJ. Witness said yes. Why would he ask that?

This witness is going to refuse to discuss drug levels at all. Defer to a pharmacologist.

This witness is going to refuse to discuss drug levels at all. Defer to a pharmacologist.

Yes, and so with that answer, Flanagan is trying to imply that now this witness doesn't know what he's talking about (IMO).

I'm going to need another hand soon to count how many times this witness said he was not going to comment on blood levels of drugs and defer to pharmacologist to answer those types of questions.

Can you yell that at the screen to Flanagan?

He doesn't seem to get it.

No, I'm at work, there will be no yelling outload at the screen. Actually I hope the jury is paying attention to the fact that defense is admitting all the errors their client made in treating MJ.

Well heck, Cnn just froze up with the witness in mid sentence with his hands up in the air and a surprised look on his face.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back