Conrad Murray trial -Day twelve.

Flanagan seems to think that if he asks the same questions a different way asking about blood levels of drugs (here we go with assumptions) that the witness eventually give an answer. Hasn't happened so far. (can the judge tell him to move on? this is ridiculous)

Hubby just asked me again who is questioning this witness? def or prosecution. Told him defense. He shook his head.

I am thinking the same thing as your DH. I saw this yesterday also and wondered why the Judge didn't tell the witness to just answers the questions. The witness(s) is/are allowed to elaborate on and on. At one point the witness was asking the DAttorney a question and the judge (JMOO) should have stopped this. This isn't looking good for Dr.

d: so it is beyond your area of expertise, but does that also mean you are incapable of rendering an opinion? (say what???)
pros objection
judge sustained

No, I'm at work, there will be no yelling outload at the screen. Actually I hope the jury is paying attention to the fact that defense is admitting all the errors their client made in treating MJ.

Well heck, Cnn just froze up with the witness in mid sentence with his hands up in the air and a surprised look on his face.

I've found that the TMZ link works the best for me... most clear on my end. I've tried several of them.

Thanks, Talina, everyone, for the blow-by-blow. I just tuned in to Flannegan asking Dr. Kamangar if he is totally incapable of answering a question that he's already stated numerous times is out of his area of expertiese.

My deja vu is having a deja vu moment.

I get so frustrated with Flanagan's questioning that I just find myself sitting here dumbfounded sometimes. I know that a lot of this testimony on direct is very damning to Dr. M but it seems to me that cross examination could have been done better by asking different questions to at least open the door for possibilities. Instead it seems Flanagans questions just further lock in the answers given on direct.

It's as though if he's asked a question a bajillion times, he will get the answer he wants. He wants a yes or no answer where there isn't one and it doesn't give him anywhere to go in his questioning.

I notice this witness is starting to get ome "smiles" from the witness. He's probably tired of the idiocy.

All I'm getting out of this line of questioning is an education on insomnia and the different types and whether this doctor made any determinations of MJ's type of insomnia.

I do not see, yet, how this has one thing to do with Dr. M's treatment and actions on June 25.

I get so frustrated with Flanagan's questioning that I just find myself sitting here dumbfounded sometimes. I know that a lot of this testimony on direct is very damning to Dr. M but it seems to me that cross examination could have been done better by asking different questions to at least open the door for possibilities. Instead it seems Flanagans questions just further lock in the answers given on direct.

I am sitting here trying to figure out how this line of questioning is helping the defendant. The only thing I can figure out is that defense saw a study one time that stated that jurors will think there is a doubt about something if you stand up and ask any questions for a certain amount of time, just stand there looking like you know what you are doing and ask questions. I think they even practiced when to walk a little ways away, when to adjust the glasses, when to look down at the notes, just the whole thing for the jury. Make them think you know what you are doing and actually have a case.

Thank you everyone for the updates.

Sounds to me that the Defense Attorney is not used to dealing with doctors. Perhaps used to criminal cases. This doctor is not going to change his answers as he is a scientist. He is not going to suddenly emotionally spew out something if badgered. I don't think the Defense Attorney is getting the hint yet. :crazy:

I saw a defense atty say on HLN yesterday that a strategy sometimes in cross (when the direct was bad and you really can't poke holes in it) that you just spend a lot of time on questioning about tons of things just to waste time and get that other previous testimony out of the jurors minds.

Anyone else keeping hearing the tune of Wheels on the bus go 'round an 'round.

I keep waiting for Flanagan to scream no DR You are out of order while I sit and wait for the wave of silver hair to come flying off the top of his head.

Anyone else keeping hearing the tune of Wheels on the bus go 'round an 'round.

I keep waiting for Flanagan to scream no DR You are out of order while I sit and wait for the wave of silver hair to come flying off the top of his head.

I'm waiting on the questioning to be relevant to defending his client.

CM was informed by Frank D. that MJ was acting sick, cold etc and did nothing. Where is Flanagan going with this???? ARGH

I'm waiting on the questioning to be relevant to defending his client.

Baffle them with BS and hope they forget the gross neg of this Dr.

I just sit here with my jaw on the floor and still and just dumbfounded in listening to the last 2 pros witness's and them describing the level of care MJ shoudl have had in the administration of these drugs and the level that DrM was giving. If I was a juror thses last 2 day's would have certainly have been my lightbulb moment. No matter what the DT had to say the outcome would have been the same.

Someone in the medical field can accept and listen to or read any info from others about the patient.

Example: I was not authorized to give any patient info what so ever to a patient's spouse, parent, child, etc without pt's written consent. But if one of the pt's significant others called and said they wanted to give me info about the pt, I could listen to it, chart what was said and then use it in the possible treatment of pt.

CM was informed by Frank D. that MJ was acting sick, cold etc and did nothing. Where is Flanagan going with this???? ARGH

Ahhh maybe DT is going with MJ was sneaking pills behind Dr M back that he was not aware of and DR M being the caring man that he is spoke with MJ in private. Such a salt of the earth kinda guy loved MJ NOT.......loved him to death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back