Conrad Murray Trial - Day Twenty Two

Judge Pastor said yesterday, at the end of court, that today's court session would begin at 9:30 am.

I also read/heard that CM has until 11:30 am PST today, to decide & inform the court if he'll testify.

ETA: 5 minutes to showtime.

Geez, they are barely going to start and it will be lunch time here. Then I will have to watch it on InSessions were there are more commercials than actual trial. Bummer!

Judge Pastor said yesterday, at the end of court, that today's court session would begin at 9:30 am.

I also read/heard that CM has until 11:30 am PST today, to decide & inform the court if he'll testify.

ETA: 5 minutes to showtime.

Beth K is now stating, on InSession, that the Judge will ask CM before the jurors
come into the courtroom, whether he, CM, has made a decision to take the stand...
and expects him to have an answer at that time.

Geez, they are barely going to start and it will be lunch time here. Then I will have to watch it on InSessions were there are more commercials than actual trial. Bummer!

If you have a smartphone, the itunes link and one of the other links,
have live stream apps to down load, so you can watch the trial on your mobile phone.

What? No poll on guilt or innocence?

Been watching some of the trial coverage after work. Will the prosecution go for rebuttal? Do we go to verdict watch today? :rocker:

Good afternoon all xx :)

Court in session

Dr. Ornelas is supposed to testify as to her charts today.

Also heard Walgren will call Dr. Shafer for a brief rebuttal

HarveyLevinTMZ Harvey Levin
Just published story...Chernoff and Flanagan split over whether Murray should testify..Chernoff doesn't want him to ...Flanagan does...

TMZ TMZ
Should Conrad Murray take the stand? His lawyers are split over whether it would help him or hurt him http://bit.ly/tDEelJ

Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyers are split over whether the doc should take the stand in his own defense ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the case tell TMZ Ed Chernoff is adamant -- he does NOT want Murray to testify because he would be crucified on cross-examination.

Michael Flanagan feels the opposite -- that Murray MUST take the stand because without his testimony the jury will convict him.

We're told Murray will defer to his lawyers, but Murray and Chernoff are joined at the hip and it's almost certain the doc will follow his lead. Besides, Chernoff is the lead counsel and when push comes to shove -- he wins.

Our 2 cents -- Murray testifying would be a disaster for the defense.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/01/conrad-murray-trial-split-over-murray-testifying/

HarveyLevinTMZ Harvey Levin
Just published story...Chernoff and Flanagan split over whether Murray should testify..Chernoff doesn't want him to ...Flanagan does...

TMZ TMZ
Should Conrad Murray take the stand? His lawyers are split over whether it would help him or hurt him http://bit.ly/tDEelJ

This is the one time I hope Flanagan wins. :crazy: :innocent:

Flannegan is back to the graphs again. He is asking about free Lorazapam in the stomach at autopsy. Is this not outside the scope of this experts area of expertise?

Was it not established yesterday that witness was not an expert in graphs? LOL

Flannegan is back to the graphs again. He is asking about free Lorazapam in the stomach at autopsy. Is this not outside the scope of this experts area of expertise?

Was it not established yesterday that witness was not an expert in graphs? LOL

:floorlaugh: Well he seems to be able to answer Flanagan's questions about them but he has a memory dump when Walgren asks him questions.

I don't know what is normal for these types of graphs but a 50% variability seems awfully high to me.

Flannegan is trying to straighten out the graph that was proven to be based on the wrong data. He is doing hypotheticals on the graph. You (general you) gotta give witness some credit, he just keeps on trying to act like he knows what he is doing and tries to talk to the jury. I wonder what faces he sees when he looks at the jury? Perhaps bored, skeptical, or just frustrated.

Wait...I don't remember Dr. Shafer saying that CM added Lidocaine to the 100ml bottle of propofol. Did he?

I don't know what is normal for these types of graphs but a 50% variability seems awfully high to me.

I was thinking about that and I wonder if it is because they are simulations run without complete data. They aren't based on any facts of when drugs were given, or even the amount. They are based on Murray's LE interviews which perhaps are true or not. So + - 50% is the best they can do. It blows my mind that these professionals can testify on these graphs though and no one has pointed out what that + - 50% means.

Wait...I don't remember Dr. Shafer saying that CM added Lidocaine to the 100ml bottle of propofol. Did he?

He did not. The only time Dr. Shafer mentioned lidocaine was mixing it in the syringe with the propofol and said according to Murray's interview he mixed it 1:1

I was thinking about that and I wonder if it is because they are simulations run without complete data. They aren't based on any facts of when drugs were given, or even the amount. They are based on Murray's LE interviews which perhaps are true or not. So + - 50% is the best they can do. It blows my mind that these professionals can testify on these graphs though and no one has pointed out what that + - 50% means.

I wonder if Dr. Shafer will comment on that. I don't recall what variable % his models had on them.

I wonder if Dr. Shafer will comment on that. I don't recall what variable % his models had on them.

When Walgren did his cross I tried to see if the graphs from Dr. Shafer had any variables and they didn't show them if they were there. The camera angle just showed the graph and no legend.

"Standard of care is the ideal" -- Paul White

Yeah, the ideal if you want to keep your medical license and your butt out of jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back