Conway "civil suit behavior a publicity stunt"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe what he meant is that the Anthony's felt the civil suit was a publicity stunt (which I completely agree with), and that is why they were so angry etc there. Whereas this is trial preparation and is ligitimate.

If trial prep were legitimate to the A's, then why have they undermined it at every turn? Up until now, they had been as rude to LE and the state as they were to M & M.

Ugh, I hate to say this but I sorta agree with conway (someone please punch me in the throat) I know Morgan has a job to do and I understand the videos had to be released but I found the civil suit rather frivolous. Everyone knew Zenaida wasn't the culprit.
That said, I still enjoyed watching the depos and watching the A's make themselves look foolish and unprofessional.

On a side note, I showed my boss parts of Cindys depo (He doesn't follow the case) and his mouth was to the floor at how she acted in a court of law. I mean who does that and talks to lawyers like that calling them aholes? Sigh

I agree with much that you say, Reagan, except the part about the civil suit being frivolous. Even if "everyone knew Zenaida wasn't the culprit" it could still stand in the way of anyone hiring her for a serious job ~ They wouldn't want all the curiosity and publicity that would come with it. . . Just like George Anthony is experiencing now (and complaining about according to his recent statement to the press). She did suffer what the legal people call "damages" and deserves restitution for that. George has a relationship to the person who has caused him all his troubles but Zenaida, who has no connection at all, has suffered too and IMO has every right to compensation.

If, as you state, the Anthonys looked foolish and unprofessional, then I think they were the ones who have made this look like a publicity stunt. Zenaida and her children that she's trying to support probably think it's pretty serious stuff.

:clap: All Cindy & George did was show how much above the law they think they & Casey are. I think they need to be locked up along with their evil daughter. :clap:

I'm with ya- they are a good example of "learned behavior". When they act like this is just shows us where Casey got it from! IMO

JBean,
I'm sorry , the only link I have was from today's current news thread.
I just copied it from that.
If that's not OK, I apololgize for no other link.:)

i am so glad Morgan did what he did for his client, for many reasons

BUT, the most important is, that is will help the criminal trial against the KILLER

one less person they can attempt to hurl under the bus

speaking of hurling, whenever i see on the A's I WANT TO HURL
i couldnt help myself but its true[/:DCOLOR]

Posted: 1:03 pm EDT August 6, 2009
Updated: 1:32 pm EDT August 6, 2009
<snipped>
During Wednesday's deposition, Conway says prosecutors asked George what kind of mother Casey was and about the events between last June and July, when Caylee was reported missing.

"It was very professional, very respectful and very efficient. We got through yesterday. We don't have to come back and everybody cooperated and did the best they could. It was very successful," Conway said.

Conway also said the Anthonys' depositions in April for the civil suit against Casey were a publicity stunt. He said the latest depositions are legitimate preparations for trial.

BBM
Why would the depos with Morgan be a publicity stunt? Why would anyone want to purposely look that unpleasant and argumentative?
I apologize if this has already been included in any other threads, I just found it to be an odd statement, kinda like admitting they like to cause trouble.:confused:

I say if it was a publicity stunt then it was on the part of the Anthonys and not Morgan and Morgan's attorneys. Everything the Anthonys DO is a big fat publicity stunt...so I guess Brad told the truth on this one. Another publicity stunt by the A's.:rolleyes:

Wonder what BC is going to call the check fraud case?

Maybe BC will say it's simply a case of a "fraudulent friend" of KC's using the opportunity to "forge" public opinion against KC so that it will negatively affect the jury pool if KC is seen as a prior felon before her murder trial.

I mean, with all of the many other thousands of dollars KC has stolen from family and other friends who never said word one to LE about it, isn't this just "frivolous" of AH to press charges over KC clearing out her measly personal checking account when KC is sitting in her cell worrying about her very life - and her commissary account balance? Poor wittle KC - such a victim!

Ugh, I hate to say this but I sorta agree with conway (someone please punch me in the throat) I know Morgan has a job to do and I understand the videos had to be released but I found the civil suit rather frivolous. Everyone knew Zenaida wasn't the culprit.
That said, I still enjoyed watching the and watching the A's make themselves look foolish and unprofessional.

On a side note, I showed my boss parts of Cindys depo (He doesn't follow the case) and his mouth was to the floor at how she acted in a court of law. I mean who does that and talks to lawyers like that calling them aholes? Sigh

The civil suit may seem frivolous, but it is serious business. A woman who had nothing to do with this crime, the murder of a baby, had the misfortune to share the exact same name as KC chose as her phantom nannys name, and she also had the misfortune to be on the same premises where said child was allegedly abducted and at the same time. Her name was dragged through the mud. The question is still being asked Does anyone think "Zanny" did it? and the only Zanny that is associated with the case is living hard because of it. That is serious. Just google her name and there is your answer-not frivolous, justified and necessary so that this woman, this accuser, Casey Anthony, does not simply walk away free and clear while Zenaidas life was destroyed. Not frivolous...no sir ree bob...And although many who follow the case closely KNOW that Zanny did not do it, many still have questions, and those need to be cleared up and this woman and her children need to be compensated for the injustice that has been done to them. Casey should pay them, and dearly.

And to answer your question? Cindy and George Anthony do.

I believe what he meant is that the Anthony's felt the civil suit was a publicity stunt (which I completely agree with), and that is why they were so angry etc there. Whereas this is trial preparation and is ligitimate.

The civil suit is just as much a legitimate case as the murder case is. Both courts judgements are binding, and as we learned in the OJ case, often times the civil court is the best place to seek justice, if in fact, the criminal court cannot offer said justice. Zenaida was harmed and she needs to be compensated for that.

I say if it was a publicity stunt then it was on the part of the Anthonys and not Morgan and Morgan's attorneys. Everything the Anthonys DO is a big fat publicity stunt...so I guess Brad told the truth on this one. Another publicity stunt by the A's.:rolleyes:

IMO this is probably a good guess. After all I haven't heard that the attorneys are needing publicity for any book! You saw it, out of the mouth of their own attorney!

Of course they are cooperating more in the criminal court than the civil court. They get a little more leeway in civil court. So they could act up more in civil court and get by with it. Helps to keep the case in the news don't you know. Keep it from slipping out of people's minds until the book gets written.

Wonder what BC is going to call the check fraud case?

Well they will say jb paid the money back a yr later so he will say
it is just a publicity stunt. Poor KC everyone just expects so much from her.
HaHa
I think I will go buy some grocerys and tell Target not to fret, I will be back in a year to pay them, if I am not in jail for writing a bad check.
Then if I am maybe I can con my attorney into paying them or not..

Oh and I don't think Morgan is an "ambulance chaser" like the A's say... that part I don't agree with, for the record.
I hear he's a very well known atty that doesn't have to go looking for work.

The "ambulance chaser" comment gives me the giggles, when comeing from the A camp. Considering how they got much of their 'people'.

Ya know? A little pot calling the kettle black....

They are getting their moneys worth from Conway-that is ridiculous IMO. Nothing justifies their behavior unless it is BPD. Nice try though.

This video shows the ZFG lawsuit in a nutshell! As the attorneys explain-it could have been avoided!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hACyZvo7c9Q"]YouTube - RAW INTERVIEW: Zenaida's Attorneys Comment After George, Cindy Depositions Part 1[/ame]

So what if the A's think the M&M case is a waste of time. They can think that all they want. And anyone else that wishes to believe that, so what?

That isn't the issue.

The issue is they believed it excuses their behavior during questioning.

If the answers to the same or similar questions don't match up.. then what? Both were answered under oath.

GA brought notes with him to this questioning. Did he do that for the M&M questioning? Did he bring a transcript of that questioning, along with his Grand Jury questioning.. to this one? He needs both at this point.

Who cares what the A's think about the M&M case. I don't have a problem with what they or anyone believes about it.

My issues is when they or other folks thinks that what the A's believe, some how excuses their behavior or gives them special rights, etc.

The A's better hope that their answers match what they told M&M. Cause if they failed to tell the truth while pulling that stunt, then M&M should demand they be charged for perjury.

Many people have emphasized that this ZG is still not officially off the hook as a suspect in the murder trial, so I see nothing frivolous about this lawsuit in the least. She is the only ZG in FL that was at Sawgrass at the apartment KC identified and who has a car with NY plates that KC described. When KC later changed the story to indicate that ZG and her sister assaulted her in JBP and kidnapped Caylee and left her with a script and made her "afraid for her life and her family's lives, that would be a reason to give a different physical description of her, or fail to "recognize" her picture when questioned by LE to "throw them off the track" since she was "following orders".

Of course KC's story is ridiculous - but it has had both financial, reputation and death threat consequences for this woman early on. She deserves public exoneration so that she cannot ever be used at the last minute as a "reasonable doubt" suspect in court with a jury that may know much less than we do when whatever evidence is finally admitted.

I think that this is a smart way for Morgan to attempt to officially curtail JB from using this woman to create doubt and to expose the Anthony family for corroborating KC's ridiculous lies to originally frame this woman (even if KC supposedly retracted them later, her mother was certainly mouthing off her name to the press). The only time GA or CA officially rescinded for the record the fact they did not believe that this was the ZG that KC was referring to, they did so in a way that was extremely insulting to her as a person and insulting to our intelligence and the attorneys that deposed them.

I just wish poor JG and AH were not also in the line of fire of this crazy family and the tactics of their absurd legal counsel.

I think the title of this thread may be misleading.BC was not referring to the Anthony's behavior IMO.He was referring to the law firm bringing the suit and posting the depos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown