Conway "civil suit behavior a publicity stunt"

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, regardless of their feelings in this civil law suit, the A's are adults and should show the maturity and respect to ANY and ALL legal proceedings....I was involved in a case which I had very strong negative feelings for but I showed respect and acted appropriately during the case WHY because (I see it as) my actions and words are a reflection on me..

IMO the Morgan and Morgan law firm does not need a publicity stunt to garner business, you can't get away from Morgan Law advertisments if you tried LOL, even my kids have the tv ads memorized.
And to add to this statement I have been out driving the past 2 hours and I hear Morgan ads on the radio at least 5 times.

I respectfully disagree that the A's had the right to act any way but with respect for the legal process (one on which their daughters life will depend) regardless of how they felt about the civil case. The only thing that matters is that ZG felt "wronged" and is addressing it the right way - through the legal system. The A's total disregard for the legal system and the rules of conduct that civilized society lives by is exactly what has landed their family in the situation they're in.

I totally agree
ZG felt wronged and, as the legal system allows, is persuing an avenue to right that wrong

Maybe BC will say it's simply a case of a "fraudulent friend" of KC's using the opportunity to "forge" public opinion against KC so that it will negatively affect the jury pool if KC is seen as a prior felon before her murder trial.

I mean, with all of the many other thousands of dollars KC has stolen from family and other friends who never said word one to LE about it, isn't this just "frivolous" of AH to press charges over KC clearing out her measly personal checking account when KC is sitting in her cell worrying about her very life - and her commissary account balance? Poor wittle KC - such a victim!

AH wouldn't be the only one pressing charges here...lets remember the Bank will most likely follow thru with legal action. I would assume the Bank will be part of the States case for check fraud against Casey.

I think the title of this thread may be misleading.BC was not referring to the Anthony's behavior IMO.He was referring to the law firm bringing the suit and posting the depos.

Conway also said the Anthonys' depositions in April for the civil suit against Casey were a publicity stunt. He said the latest depositions are legitimate preparations for trial.

He did say their depositions was a publicity stunt.

Both depositions were legitimate in the eyes of the law. Both sets of depositions were handled professionally by everyone BUT THE A's. They believe it was a publicity stunt, so they ACTED like it was a publicity stunt. They, no one else, but the A's.

He isn't saying anything that no one hasn't figured out on their own.

He might not have meant it that way, but it is what he said. A little slip of the tongue, maybe?? It pretty much fits what happened.

This is the same Conway that said on the today show that "They've told the truth from the beginning and their love for their daughter is not going to interfere with that."

IMO he lost ANY credibilty he ever may have had. I mean, is he delusional or just a liar as well?

He did say their depositions was a publicity stunt.

Both depositions were legitimate in the eyes of the law. Both sets of depositions were handled professionally by everyone BUT THE A's. They believe it was a publicity stunt, so they ACTED like it was a publicity stunt. They, no one else, but the A's.

He isn't saying anything that no one hasn't figured out on their own.

He might not have meant it that way, but it is what he said. A little slip of the tongue, maybe?? It pretty much fits what happened.

He didn't use the word behavior,and that's what is misleading in the title.It makes it sound like he means the way the A's acted.I don't think that's what he meant.JMO
I agree the suit is legit.
ETA I also agree that the A's acted that way because they didn't take it seriously.But their part being a publicity stunt is not what I believe BC is referring to.The title of the thread is in quotes.From what I read that's not how he phrased it[behavior]but I could be wrong.Wouldn't be the first time !

I am still galled by the fact that GA was previously in LE and acted the way he did. NO excuse for it.

He didn't use the word behavior,and that's what is misleading in the title.It makes it sound like he means the way the A's acted.I don't think that's what he meant.JMO
I agree the suit is legit.
ETA I also agree that the A's acted that way because they didn't take it seriously.But their part being a publicity stunt is not what I believe BC is referring to.The title of the thread is in quotes.From what I read that's not how he phrased it[behavior]but I could be wrong.Wouldn't be the first time !

Sure, they could change it to say "Their Depo".

Folks would have a blast with that topic. The actual comment would also cover their statements as being a stunt.. "Behavior' lessons the impact and damage. It reminds folks of how they acted as being the cause. Not their statements.

One of the main complaints is that she is having difficulty finding a job

Who isnt these days? I highly doubt it has anything to do with Casey Anthony.

I am not saying its ok that the Anthony's acted like that. They were idiots, as usual.

To me his comments were typical examples of the infighting that exists within the legal community ... put a lot of different types of sharks into an enclosed tank together and there is gonna be some blood!! Plaintiff's lawyers are usually thought of by most as being innately unscrupulous in motive ... that is until ya need one!!

I agree with much that you say, Reagan, except the part about the civil suit being frivolous. Even if "everyone knew Zenaida wasn't the culprit" it could still stand in the way of anyone hiring her for a serious job ~ They wouldn't want all the curiosity and publicity that would come with it. . . Just like George Anthony is experiencing now (and complaining about according to his recent statement to the press). She did suffer what the legal people call "damages" and deserves restitution for that. George has a relationship to the person who has caused him all his troubles but Zenaida, who has no connection at all, has suffered too and IMO has every right to compensation.

If, as you state, the Anthonys looked foolish and unprofessional, then I think they were the ones who have made this look like a publicity stunt. Zenaida and her children that she's trying to support probably think it's pretty serious stuff.

You know what? You're absolutely right. They were the ones that made it a huge publicity stunt... acting the way they did. It wouldn't've been a huge circus had they not acted that way. We probably wouldn't be really talking about it much anymore, but we do because it was just OUTRAGEOUS.

I never thought Morgan or Zenaida were pulling a publicity stunt... I just thought that the point was kinda moot because she was cleared by LE.

Ah, I'm disheveled this afternoon but thank you for your input and I hope we can just agree to disagree. :hug:

ETA: I wanted to say I have no ill feelings towards ZG and couldn't imagine what she has gone through, being dragged into this mess..... I just thought it was unnecessary, but like you said... I bet she and her children think this is very serious stuff. I guess I would too if some psychotic baby killer dropped my name out there.

Wonder what BC is going to call the check fraud case?
I think KC laid the foundation to say that her stealing and lying was an effort to find her daughter....cough gag.......maybe LE has been using the wrong tactics all along..........geez

The only publicity stunt was on behalf of the Anthony team. Their behavior can be interpreted as nothing else. They tried to make M&M and Zenaida look foolish for pursuing the civil suit (which I totally believe in) but ended up looking like, well parents of a guilty 23-year old who murdered her daughter. A publicity stunt that backfired on them completely.

You know what? You're absolutely right. They were the ones that made it a huge publicity stunt... acting the way they did. It wouldn't've been a huge circus had they not acted that way. We probably wouldn't be really talking about it much anymore, but we do because it was just OUTRAGEOUS.

I never thought Morgan or Zenaida were pulling a publicity stunt... I just thought that the point was kinda moot because she was cleared by LE.

Ah, I'm disheveled this afternoon but thank you for your input and I hope we can just agree to disagree. :hug:

ETA: I wanted to say I have no ill feelings towards ZG and couldn't imagine what she has gone through, being dragged into this mess..... I just thought it was unnecessary, but like you said... I bet she and her children think this is very serious stuff. I guess I would too if some psychotic baby killer dropped my name out there.

Civil suits are often for harm that was caused .Even if she was eventually cleared,she and her children went through a horrible and unnecessary ordeal,all because of KC's deliberate lies. Being cleared doesn't take away what she went through and that is what she is suing for.Does that ,make sense?
If someone sues for an auto accident in which they broke their arm,the arm has healed and the car fixed,but they are still suing for what they endured back when it happened.

I say if it was a publicity stunt then it was on the part of the Anthonys and not Morgan and Morgan's attorneys. Everything the Anthonys DO is a big fat publicity stunt...so I guess Brad told the truth on this one. Another publicity stunt by the A's.:rolleyes:
Ya know what really bothers me? That you have one attorney badmouthing another. Yeesh...they practice in the same town. BC should be mighty careful with his words...unless he hopes to ride (solely) on the A's coattails forever. M and M seem to be heavy hitters down there in Orlando. It does his career absolutely no good to be pi$$ing off these guys. It's one thing to "object" in a legal depsotion (and if IIRC he was pretty quiet "considering"), but to go on national tv and badmouth fellow attorneys. Not cool, IMO.

The only publicity stunt was on behalf of the Anthony team. Their behavior can be interpreted as nothing else. They tried to make M&M and Zenaida look foolish for pursuing the civil suit (which I totally believe in) but ended up looking like, well parents of a guilty 23-year old who murdered her daughter. A publicity stunt that backfired on them completely.

ITA-backfired completely!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCjC-NoG7jc"]YouTube - RAW VIDEO: WFTV Legal Analyst Reviews Cindy, George Depositions Part 1[/ame]

Conway's comment about the civil depositition is his way of excusing his clients' ridiculous and mean spirtied behavior. He needs to do that because people are still talking about Cindy and George's actions. The video is out there and still pics too. Their performance is not going to be forgotten any time soon. Vivid images and nasty comments by the Anthonys is at our fingertips.
Neither of the them had to behave that way - their attorney was present during the deposition and they should have let Conway speak for them when they didn't want to answer a particular or to have the point of the questoned explained. But no, the Double Mint Twins ignored their own legal representative and did their show.
I hope Conway understands that his comment about the "publicity stunt" reflects very much on him and his understanding of the law and his priorities when it comes to practicing the law. Who would ever want him to represent them when it comes to a civil suit?
They are all shamefully ignorate!

Many people have emphasized that this ZG is still not officially off the hook as a suspect in the murder trial, so I see nothing frivolous about this lawsuit in the least. She is the only ZG in FL that was at Sawgrass at the apartment KC identified and who has a car with NY plates that KC described. When KC later changed the story to indicate that ZG and her sister assaulted her in JBP and kidnapped Caylee and left her with a script and made her "afraid for her life and her family's lives, that would be a reason to give a different physical description of her, or fail to "recognize" her picture when questioned by LE to "throw them off the track" since she was "following orders".

Of course KC's story is ridiculous - but it has had both financial, reputation and death threat consequences for this woman early on. She deserves public exoneration so that she cannot ever be used at the last minute as a "reasonable doubt" suspect in court with a jury that may know much less than we do when whatever evidence is finally admitted.

I think that this is a smart way for Morgan to attempt to officially curtail JB from using this woman to create doubt and to expose the Anthony family for corroborating KC's ridiculous lies to originally frame this woman (even if KC supposedly retracted them later, her mother was certainly mouthing off her name to the press). The only time GA or CA officially rescinded for the record the fact they did not believe that this was the ZG that KC was referring to, they did so in a way that was extremely insulting to her as a person and insulting to our intelligence and the attorneys that deposed them.

I just wish poor JG and AH were not also in the line of fire of this crazy family and the tactics of their absurd legal counsel.

I wish I could push the "Thanks" button a thousand times! You have captured my thoughts about he civil case so well.

Casey has created so many innocent victims of her crime. That's for another thread, though! :blowkiss:

The civil suit was brought about to repair damages to the named person Casey said took her daughter. One of the main complaints is that she is having difficulty finding a job.

Isn't it all over the news today that George is suffering the same consequence? How could he, then, not have empathy for the woman that his daughter pointed her finger at? How could his representative call it a publicity stunt while his own client is complaining of the same thing? (And it was all brought about by his daughter ~ Z brought nothing on herself!!!) She does have legitimate rights, too.

ITA!! I own a business and I fully comprehend that ZG did not have anything to do with this child, but I have to admit that if I were there I would not want ZG, or anyone involved in this case working for me. I wouldn't want the publicity at my place of business, or any of the circus that came to town when the As became a national phenomenon. It is a wonder to me how any of them keep or get jobs. Poor, poor Jesse. I can't imagine how this has effected his work or will in the future now that all of his performance reports are out and everything about him since Kindergarten.

And as far as a publicity stunt goes, the As brought the show. Morgan acted as any attorney would in such a proceeding, their answers mattered little to any of us. It was their behavior that caused the stir. If they had just gone in, answered the questions respectfully and then left quietly without all the crazy, it would not have gotten half the attention it received. They claim their behavior was because the depo was a publicity stunt.....if you don't want the public to have their show, don't give 'em one!

The A's BASKED in the afterglow of those depo's--specially when some of those FLB's said that M & M were the one's "out of order" in their Q's and how awful it was for the A's to have to endure.:boohoo:

Every time they were played on NG no doubt they were High-Fiving......BC either got it wrong in his advice to them, or it was a publicity stunt totally born of C & GA too gauge the sympathy factor they'd garner and found they'd MISSED judged the public horribly:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels