Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is Lee (along with Jesse G who also has hired a lawyer don't forget) may face Obstruction of Justice charges for their respective roles in the quaisi-investigation they conducted to establish the timeline of Casey's activities during the 31 days, prior to the official police investigation.

That second interview with the attorney was interesting. The attorney came out and stated that when this investigaton first began, we (the public) did not know who was responsible for Caylee’s disappearance ~ no denial it was Casey as the Anthony's have long held as their belief. Also, when he stated that Mr. Anthony (Lee) was going under the assumption that his daughter, then corrected to niece, was kidnapped… oops!!
I noticed he mixed up Caylee and Casey also. I think he just misspoke on both occasions.

That second interview with the attorney was interesting. The attorney came out and stated that when this investigaton first began, we (the public) did not know who was responsible for Caylee’s disappearance ~ no denial it was Casey as the Anthony's have long held as their belief. Also, when he stated that Mr. Anthony (Lee) was going under the assumption that his daughter, then corrected to niece, was kidnapped… oops!!

I didn't know that he said that! Could that lead back to the incest accusations? Maybe he confided in his lawyer that Caylee was his daughter. That just doesn't sound right.

Here's an excerpt from the above myfoxorlando article,
"Luka adds that neither Lee, nor George and Cindy Anthony, have been called as witnesses in the case, but they are preparing for just such a scenario."

What does Luka mean? Lee, George and Cindy are all on the State Witness List. Of course they haven't been called yet since the trial has not begun.
All 3 of them are involved, some to a higher degree than the other. jmo
Maybe there will be an entire Anthony Wing in the prison.
He also made it sound as he willingly gave dna.

I didn't know that he said that! Could that lead back to the incest accusations? Maybe he confided in his lawyer that Caylee was his daughter. That just doesn't sound right.
If you would like to discuss the incest allegations, feel free to do so in the parking lot.There is a thread for discussion with less mod interference.
Most of the people posting on this topic are already well aware of that.

After listening to Luka, I am convinced that there are BIG issues.
The money first of all: now they are saying they will return it to the donors???
That doesn't seem like the A's typical behavior.
They must have been threatened about illegal collections and their consequences.
Lee shouldn't have used the donated money to do his " Own" investigation, the private investigators should have gotten money for that.
Also he mentioned that nothing has been done illegally, but Lee is just covering his bases so to speak. He didn't willingly give his DNA, and also didn't he refuse a lie detector test?
Innocent people don't do these things and don't prepare for obstruction charges just for the heck of it.
I think the High Five was a wrong move and will bite him and KC in the Butt!
JMO
Bolded quote by me.
twomanywords, Yes when LP was at the A's house CA & GA were going to take a lie detector test. When LA got wind of it they backed out of it & they all refused to take one. This media release by LA's lawyer cause me to suspect if something is about to happen soon. The A's always seem to come out with a statement just before a major LE announcement that follows a statement release. LA didn't willingly give his DNA or fingerprints without a supena to do so. Even GA & CA gave them without it. I didn't like the High Five either that was so bizzare under the circumstances when they all claimed a kidnapping occured. I sure wouldn't be doing that I would be screaming at the media for help in finding my daughter. LA gave me the creeps a long time ago when laughing @ the smell of the car when he was being interviewed by LE. :eek::furious:

Luka does seem to have a problem with the names...I hope he is just nervous. Maybe he has a speech impediment.
He seemed very nervous when speaking. I don't know if that's his own issue or he knows that his client is in deep poop!
He is not as believeable as the A's atty.

Give it alittle more time, Conway will be stuttering soon too. If not all the attorneys will be found talking to themselves. Or better yet to the A's between cells. :behindbar

Bolded quote by me.
twomanywords, Yes when LP was at the A's house CA & GA were going to take a lie detector test. When LA got wind of it they backed out of it & they all refused to take one. This media release by LA's lawyer cause me to suspect if something is about to happen soon. The A's always seem to come out with a statement just before a major LE announcement that follows a statement release. LA didn't willingly give his DNA or fingerprints without a supena to do so. Even GA & CA gave them without it. I didn't like the High Five either that was so bizzare under the circumstances when they all claimed a kidnapping occured. I sure wouldn't be doing that I would be screaming at the media for help in finding my daughter. LA gave me the creeps a long time ago when laughing @ the smell of the car when he was being interviewed by LE. :eek::furious:
Yeah, what was so funny about THAT smell. I have to say, I never did trust him.

After listening to Luka, I am convinced that there are BIG issues.
The money first of all: now they are saying they will return it to the donors???
That doesn't seem like the A's typical behavior.
They must have been threatened about illegal collections and their consequences.
Lee shouldn't have used the donated money to do his " Own" investigation, the private investigators should have gotten money for that.
Also he mentioned that nothing has been done illegally, but Lee is just covering his bases so to speak. He didn't willingly give his DNA, and also didn't he refuse a lie detector test?
Innocent people don't do these things and don't prepare for obstruction charges just for the heck of it.
I think the High Five was a wrong move and will bite him and KC in the Butt!
JMO
There was some pretty odd things going on with LA and his family regarding the donations. Actually, many threads were devoted to it. I'll go check and see if they're still around.

Watch out! When you bring up something as taboo as Incest you get sent to the Parking Lot! Don't understand why though - it's pertinent to the case and really upsets some of us who are survivors of that "terrible word"....shhhhhhh

Bolded quote by me.
Thank you Angel, that's what I thought.:blowkiss:

I noticed he mixed up Caylee and Casey also. I think he just misspoke on both occasions.

ALL of the people in this, family, media, etc...make that mistake...I am not reading anything much into it either..the Cay Cas mistake...they all do it.

The only one that I have seen use Caylee's name with complete naturalness and ease, was Jesse G. in his interview on NG.

Bolded quote by me.

Yes this is all true according to LP. I say true because the obstruction word came right from Sheriff Beary. Heard him say it on NG or Geraldo during an interview. I think they are either getting their ducks in a row or waiting until after the Holidays so they don't get too much public outcry. Possibly waiting until after Caylee's burial the more I think about it. You might see LE swarm the A's home right after. IMO

Snipped your quote JustanotherJane:

I do remember from TL interview w/LE that when CA came to his apt. in June to get KC, that she was on the laptop at the time of CA's arrival. Yet, later LA said the laptop was wiped out. Did he do that when he retrieved it. ITA too that he maybe helped in trying to clean up KC's car before LE arrived. MOO

Maybe her boyfriend wiped it out.

Watch out! When you bring up something as taboo as Incest you get sent to the Parking Lot! Don't understand why though - it's pertinent to the case and really upsets some of us who are survivors of that "terrible word"....shhhhhhh
Actually cocoamom, it is the bickering, arguing, personal attacks and snarky remarks that require constant mod intervention that keeps it out there. It can be discussed at length and with less mod interference in the parking lot.

Thank you Angel, that's what I thought.:blowkiss:

Your welcome:blowkiss:

This bothers me too:
<snip>
Luka describes his role an advisor to Lee, in determining what he should and should not say to investigators.

I thought when you are interviewed by LE they have you swear to tell the truth (of course we know & suspect that the A's haven't). Wouldn't that be obstruction by holding back relavent information? Shouldn't he have & tell all that he knows? What will he do lie r is he hiding whatever he did that to protect himself?

I have posted before that when LA wasn't around GA & CA it was cause he figured out the truth @ KC & what she did to Caylee. CA told him to get lost because she didn't want to hear the truth of what he uncovered. LA is now worried because when Caylee was found, he knew where & what happened to her.:mad: MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA