Couple fights to name baby 'Metallica'

I say live and let live, if they want to name their kid that name so be it. But, I think the child should have an option if they want their name changed when they are older. Autumn is a more popular name now around here with little kids but when I was in school I was the only one out of my very large school. I liked being different. My sister's name was extremely common and they had to go by their first name's and last initial.

I know of a billy and harry butts. They own a local plumbing company.

My sons have very unusual names. Oldest named after dad, and younger...well, hard to have one Sherlock and one Bob.

My daughter, however, has an old-fashioned family name that we picked out before we were even married. Back then it was much less common, but now it has gained popularity. We debated before using it, but couldn't come up with anything we loved more. This is actually her first year of school that she hasn't been one of two or three others. But she doesn't seem to mind.

My middle one is the only one who doesn't like his name...mostly his middle name b/c it is a unisex name - actually a last name. (like Cameron). He thinks it is a girl name. He tells us all the time that he will change his middle name when he turns 18. Actually, I wish I had given him my dad and brother's name for a middle name, but I didn't want to step on any toes. As it turns out, my brother said he would NEVER use it (??) and I could have. :doh:

All the strange names in this thread cracked me up- they are some pretty wierd and wonderful names out there

What about that guy from Earl- he named his kid Inspektor Pilot- lol

I say live and let live, if they want to name their kid that name so be it. But, I think the child should have an option if they want their name changed when they are older. Autumn is a more popular name now around here with little kids but when I was in school I was the only one out of my very large school. I liked being different. My sister's name was extremely common and they had to go by their first name's and last initial.

It's wierd when the name fits the job-

Love your name Autumn- I have a friend Skye Summers..

If they want to name their child Metallica, they should be allowed to do so.

I went to high school with someone named Uranus. Had an inquiry on a condo once from a Vanilla Cloud. Met a couple who named their son Axton. I thought it was a cool name. Those stand out.

I agree. Name child what parents want to.

I have never heard of gov. rules on children names. Very strange.

Rosco

This part just cracked me up!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know of a billy and harry butts. They own a local plumbing company.[/quote]

Rosco

George Forman (sp?) named all his sons George! (I think he has 4 or 5 sons)
I am going to admit that my sons are also all named after their father.... With variations.... He has no middle name and they do..

Don't forget his daughter, Georgina...:crazy:

My best friend's niece is Patience Hilda and nephew is King James.

lol

I think that a highschool principle should consider another line of work when his name is Richard Head. Kids are cruel hehe

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I have a pen pal named Blayde. I like that name. Of course he is on Death Row - so perhaps it was a self fufilling prophecy?

I heard of "lemongelo" and his brother "orangelo" being arrested at the Leon County Jail years ago - but the spelling of their names were LemonJello and OrangeJello. They were brothers.

I think I'd be much better at naming animals. "Edgar Allen Paw" for instance. ;-)
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I

My daughters middle school science teacher was Mr. Bone.
Her high school biology teacher was Ms. Newton.

My MILs gynecologist's name is Dr Massengill and the a urologist who operated on my son is Dr Wiener :)

My daughter's name is Asia...not after the continent, I just thought it was beautiful.

Yes, there is a local urologist here named Dr. Little. :silenced:

My daughter's name is Asia...not after the continent, I just thought it was beautiful.

Ooh, if you mix that with your screen name, she'd be Asia Rain. That's pretty cool :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back