Couple fights to name baby 'Metallica'

two young Mormons knocked on my door-(as they do) and they both had names tags on (as they do) one's surname was Mautz and the other ones surname was Katz!

Love your name Autumn- I have a friend Skye Summers..

Thanks :) That is a very pretty name also. My daughter has a pretty popular name my husband was one for more traditional names. Everyone assumes I must have been born in the fall but I was born in July. They had holly and ginger picked out but when I came out they said with my brown hair with red highlights, green eyes, and red cheeks from the day I was born they said I looked like Autumn. But I just have super strong irish genes :)

My dad's urologist name is Dr. Beer.

My sister, when she had her first child, had an OBGYN by the name of Dr. Ben High. I just thought that was hilarious. I was always asking her... are you sure you want him to deliver your first child????

Oh yeah...we also have a chiropractor here in town who is named Dr. Bender - perfect name for his profession or what????

I think this is the most tasteless name I've ever heard: Urhines Kendall Icy Eight Special K. Don't believe me? Here's proof.

I've noticed a recent trend in naming kids things like "Your Highness" and "Your Majesty" and even "Messiah." Usually they're not spelled like that, more like Urhines and Urmajesty. But can you imagine when the kid is two and throwing a fit in the store, and you say, "Your Majesty, stop that!" Or worse, addressing your child as Messiah on a daily basis.

There's a great website if you like bad baby names: http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/

There's a forum, too, but t's pretty snarky, though, so don't visit if you don't like to hear people ripping on kids' names.

That's Bad!

I think this is the most tasteless name I've ever heard: Urhines Kendall Icy Eight Special K. Don't believe me? Here's proof.

I've noticed a recent trend in naming kids things like "Your Highness" and "Your Majesty" and even "Messiah." Usually they're not spelled like that, more like Urhines and Urmajesty. But can you imagine when the kid is two and throwing a fit in the store, and you say, "Your Majesty, stop that!" Or worse, addressing your child as Messiah on a daily basis.

There's a great website if you like bad baby names: http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/

There's a forum, too, but t's pretty snarky, though, so don't visit if you don't like to hear people ripping on kids' names.

don't forget the one who name is kid Kal el - Nicholage Cage....superman freak....

I had an optometrist named Dr. Glasser....
went to community college with a terry perry....(she married into it)...

knew someone with last name of March - his baby sis was name....what else, april mae march......

don't forget the one who name is kid Kal el - Nicholage Cage....superman freak....

I had an optometrist named Dr. Glasser....
went to community college with a terry perry....(she married into it)...

knew someone with last name of March - his baby sis was name....what else, april mae march......

Don't get me started on celebrity baby names!

We've got
- Moxie CrimeFighter (which is kind of cool -- for a cat)
- Pilot Inspektor
- Fifi Trixibelle
- and of course, the old stand by Moon Unit

and let's not ferget moon u's brother, DWEEZIL......or baby APPLE.....was that for her rosy red cheeks>?

and let's not ferget moon u's brother, DWEEZIL......or baby APPLE.....was that for her rosy red cheeks>?

I always found it funny that Apple's father's last name is Martin, so she is Apple Martin -- add and "i" on there, and you've got a great beverage!

I've noticed that Apple is becoming a fairly popular name among the African American community in my neck of the woods.

**off to mix myself an apple martini -- for some reason I've got a sudden yen**

make one for me, too.....hey, a double if ya don't mind.....

At my old paper, one of the funeral homes we dealt with was owned by the Slay family.

I used to lay out the births column and there were some weird names. It made it fun. The best one I remember was Sha' Dia'mond. People are using punctutation creatively!

At my old paper, one of the funeral homes we dealt with was owned by the Slay family.

I used to lay out the births column and there were some weird names. It made it fun. The best one I remember was Sha' Dia'mond. People are using punctutation creatively!

You should get together with a friend of mine. She wanted to compile a book of the funniest obituaries/names. We both read them regularly, and would call each other with the doozies.

We just recently had a family crisis over the naming of my cousins baby a few weeks ago. I recieved a call from my mother excitingly telling me my cousin had her baby and it was a girl. I naturally asked what the name was as I always make personalized baby gifts. My mother told be the babys name was Bayleaf!!! I said WHAT??? and my mother repeated Bayleaf and spelled it for me. I was floored. I had her reapeat it over and over and clairified do you mean they name there child have a cooking spice??? Well, for one week I could not get myself to put that name on the gift. I sent a nice congrats card to my cousin and her husband. At the end of the week I got photos in the email of the baby with an announcment and it said we welcome Baylee!! I was so freaken relived for that baby. Mother swears up and down that her sister told her the babies name was bayleaf, lol.

mjak

I knew a guy in school by the last name of Mintz- his cousins were Candy, Ginger, and Pepper!

Then there was Crystal Chanda Lear.

My government teacher's wife was Mary Poppin.

There is a dentist named Dr. Chew.

My mother's friend knew a girl named Ima Hogg.

I also knew Dr. Doctor and went to school with a girl named Summer Bacon.

Lots of odd names. To each his own!:bang:

please tell me the student didn't "go by" that name? Perhaps "effie"?

I went to school with Ben Dunn. He was actually very cute...I would have "Dunn" him!!

I saw a baby named Mysterious in the birth announcements in the paper not long ago. Couldn't figure out what was mysterious -- gender? parentage?

I remember when I was a kid in the early 80s and a local couple named their twins Luke and Leia. I thought that was so cool, being the big Star Wars fan I am.​

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back