Court hearing, Friday, february 26th 2010

I am LMAO just thinking that Natal might be reading here at some point. :crazy::crazy: LOL

Way too funny. Ok getting late here and past my bed time. An hour commute means I need to get up just after 5. Ya all take care. byeeeeeeeeeee

What SANE judge would even CONSIDER letting the accused talk to the victim? As to the idjuts having a right to even TALK about making decisions that could affect the children, ummm HELLO, they kidnapped the childrens Mother, raped her, imprisoned her and mentally abused her. What would a decision they made have ANYTHING to do with their well being, in any way shape or form. Sheesh, I'm getting p'oed already!

Gellman is a piece of work. First she claims happy family, now she claims insanity. However, insanity does not prevent a person from going to jail. The insanity defense is about the person not knowing what they did was wrong and are not competent to be tried. His competence does not appear to be impaired and he does know right from wrong. Hopefully the Judge will see right through her smokescreen.

i'd rather we not be going into the hearing on the heels of the absurdity of shayna davis 'mom (who sold her into prostitution to her boyfriend who then murdered her) getting out on bail yesterday.........bad omen

just when i think the legal system might finally get things right it kicks me right in the balls.

The justice system in El Dorado is not typical for California (which has a reputation for leniency beyond all common sense). The District Attorney's Office, if anything, tends to err on the side of too harsh (IMHO) and they are experienced in prosecuting an extraordinarily high volume of big cases as compared to other rural counties. Judge Phimister seems to be pretty level-headed and fair (again, IMHO). We DO seem to have more than our fair share of idiot defense attornies who are prone to making stupid statements (Gellman, Tapson, Maynes, etc.). But I would not get too worried that the courts are going to do something really stupid.

The justice system in El Dorado is not typical for California (which has a reputation for leniency beyond all common sense). The District Attorney's Office, if anything, tends to err on the side of too harsh (IMHO) and they are experienced in prosecuting an extraordinarily high volume of big cases as compared to other rural counties. Judge Phimister seems to be pretty level-headed and fair (again, IMHO). We DO seem to have more than our fair share of idiot defense attornies who are prone to making stupid statements (Gellman, Tapson, Maynes, etc.). But I would not get too worried that the courts are going to do something really stupid.

I agree with your assessment Dr. Doogie. I have to say that idiot defense attorneys can hopefully be reined in by the bench!! The victims in this case are in need of a judge who values THEIR rights!

This case could very well start a movement that could lead to demand for stiffer penalties regarding sexual offenders and child molesters. I know it is at least leading to greater awareness of the problem!

No word on the hearing yet? What time is it at?

I keep checking too. If it wasn't this morning then it will probably be after 1 or 1:30

The suspense kills, I swear.

:( means it will probably not get out until 3 and I will be on the road at that time. Oh well. :) gives me something to read and/or steam about when I get home.

i need to get going for a few hours........so i'll just pray for the best :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back