Court hearing, Friday, february 26th 2010

Well, it seems that while the Garridos will not be allowed to meet in person, they will be able to speak with each other via telephone. I also just read that the court appointed attorneys for Jaycee's children. I don't see anything about the protective order, though.

Okay, I just read that the judge hasn't ruled on the protective order, and that he appointed the attorneys for the girls in order to get their input regarding the order.

According to New10:

Phimister (The judge) said it would not be fair to allow Dugard to make all the decisions regarding her two daughters, noting that teenaged girls don't always agree with their mothers.

Ugh? What the xxxx? This is so wrong on so many levels.

I am so livid I could spit nails. This judge is an absolute jackass.

According to Katie Callaway Hall's interview at 4:00 today on the John & Ken show:

Nancy Garrido will be granted two 5-minute phone calls. Phillip cannot initiate any phone calls. The calls Nancy makes will be monitored and if the authorities feel they have something to do with trying to get their stories straight or something along those lines, they will be ended.

Also, the court appointed an attorney for the two daughters (thought I heard Katie say, all three of them, but apparently the judge just appointed two separate attorneys for the two minors in the case). Katie said "to make sure they are of like minds".

That's basically all I got out of her interview as far as what happened today.

According to New10:

Phimister (The judge) said it would not be fair to allow Dugard to make all the decisions regarding her two daughters, noting that teenaged girls don't always agree with their mothers.

Ugh? What the xxxx? This is so wrong on so many levels.

I am so livid I could spit nails. This judge is an absolute jackass.

I can't say I'm happy about that, either. I feel like the court is stepping on Jaycee's parental rights.

From this report:
http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=76205&catid=2

One of the attorneys' first duties will be to determine if Dugard's daughters have any objection to their address and phone number being released to the Garridos' attorneys.

What if their mother (who finally has an opportunity to protect her own daughters) has an objection to them giving out their phone number and address? Geeze, I think this is nuts. These girls are minors. JAYCEE NEEDS A LAWYER! JMO

im spitting nails right now.........i told you i had a bad feeling.

this judge is a freaking moron.

so pissed

I can't say I'm happy about that, either. I feel like the court is stepping on Jaycee's parental rights.

Exactly. To me it's a visitation of sorts by the child rapists thru intermediaries.

Naive bunny I am. I actually thought this kind of situation would be handled in family court.

California family law states this:
B. Child Conceived By Rape: Without exception, no person convicted of rape pursuant to Ca Penal § 261 may be granted custody or visitation with respect to a child conceived by that act of rape. [Ca Fam § 3030(b)]

He's not convicted yet but there's a really good reason that law exists. This judge just let a child rapist be on a somewhat of an equal footing as his victim.

Unfreaking believable.

that is essentially saying he is gonna approve the request to allow these scumbags in touch with them......

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh MORON

im sorry but this fool needs to be removed from the bench.

jaycee and her rights havent been violated enough yet..........he just did it all over again!

jaycee was denied for years the right to even be known as there mom.

all the rights in this country go to the criminal............even when he's dead guilty and everyone knows it!!!!!!!!!!!!

is there an email adress where we can send this guy a complaint?

oh and i'd be remiss if i didnt mention this nonsense.....

she loves him' oh really? i thought she was scared to death of him and that's why she didnt let jaycee go? which is it you two faced liars.

he says the girls will be witnesses. then he is essentially setting it up so they can be manipulated by the defendents. stupid freaking loser

It is normal for courts to determine the opinion of the children, if they are old enough, in cases where the parents have an adverserial relationship. The judge is not doing anything that every other court in the country isn't doing.

I don't see what the problem in determining what the children want is.

When these two lawyers report back to the judge we will start to get some idea of whether the relationship between the girls and the elder Garridos was good or bad.

It is normal for courts to determine the opinion of the children, if they are old enough, in cases where the parents have an adverserial relationship. The judge is not doing anything that every other court in the country isn't doing.

When these two lawyers report back to the judge we will start to get some idea of whether the relationship between the girls and the elder Garridos was good or bad.
The problem is threefold, but first of all, it's simple: this is NOT a divorce case. 1) most importantly the girls are the product of a serial rapist. I'm sure if Jaycee had had her way, they would have been aborted. 2) They are material witnesses in a crime 3) They are immature teenagers. We don't give teenagers the right to consent to sex, driving, drinking, smoking, getting married, or voting for those very reasons.
Jaycee had NO say in her kidnapping, her imprisonment, her forced sex, and continual rapes, and childbirth. They didn't even allow her to be a mother to her own children. She had to be the "sister".

not like i expected you to say anything else is it? 'adverserial relationship' ummmmmmm yeah you could call it that

The problem is threefold, but first of all, it's simple: this is NOT a divorce case. 1) most importantly the girls are the product of a serial rapist. I'm sure if Jaycee had had her way, they would have been aborted. 2) They are material witnesses in a crime 3) They are immature teenagers. We don't give teenagers the right to consent to sex, driving, drinking, smoking, getting married, or voting for those very reasons.

not to mention it would allow garrido or his lawyers to plant seeds in the girls heads.......the judge himself said the girls are witnesses, so i guess witness manipulation is ok in his court..........someone check this losers skeletons

not to mention it would allow garrido or his lawyers to plant seeds in the girls heads.......the judge himself said the girls are witnesses, so i guess witness manipulation is ok in his court..........someone check this losers skeletons
Where's Dr. Doogie? I thought he was going to be there today to give us ongoing updates from the court???:waitasec:

Where's Dr. Doogie? I thought he was going to be there today to give us ongoing updates from the court???:waitasec:

probably got arrested for puching out the lawyers or judge?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back