court in recess until 3/13/2012 general discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
random note:

did you know that you can insert a smilie into your post if you know the words that it is?

for example, if you go to the smilie box you will see text next to the smilie:

:cheer: you will see that smilie says cheer so if you want to put the cheerleader in your post you just put : and : on either side of the word cheer:

:cheer:

Thank you! Very cool! :woohoo:

I wonder who Rodney believed was the woman. And TM said she was not familiar with her but she identified TLM on April 14th.

IIRC, Rodney thought she was someone from high school.....TM may have been told by LE not to admit recognizing her....or, TM didn't want to admit or face the fact that she and her live in brought this creature into their lives. Over drugs...:mad:

So TM knew 4 days after the abduction that the person on the Video was TLM? When TM said that the person who has TS was being 'mildly vindictive' she must have been refering to TLM. She must've hoped TLM would return TS soon because she was being only 'mildly vindictive'.

I've a feeling that she put it there herself to give her an alibi as to why she cut it. What's really strange to me is that they had a script in case police questioned them, and that they would feel the need to get rid of stuff and dye the coat, etc. If they were that disorganized, why the scripts and the subterfuge?

(BBM)

According to court testimony and subsequent media reports, there was only one script and that was found in TLM's journal at her home.

"A subsequent search of McClintic’s home ... "

Police also found a journal which, said Gowdey, “you may conclude is the script for what Terri-Lynne McClintic should say should the police ever come to her and accuse her of being the woman in the white jacket.”

Cynthia Mulligan‏@CityCynthia

#Rafferty crown- found a script of what McClintic should say if questioned re Tori.Both McClintic and Rafferty had missing posters of child

We were not told when this "script" was written. It's likely that it wasn't dated. Possibly it was written after the crime.

(BBM)

According to court testimony and subsequent media reports, there was only one script and that was found in TLM's journal at her home.

"A subsequent search of McClintic’s home ... "

We were not told when this "script" was written. It's likely that it wasn't dated. Possibly it was written after the crime.

I'd even go so far as to say it may have been written after the video was released. And she may have had some help with the "suggested script".

MOO

IIRC, Rodney thought she was someone from high school.....TM may have been told by LE not to admit recognizing her....or, TM didn't want to admit or face the fact that she and her live in brought this creature into their lives. Over drugs...:mad:

Amster, just to address your speculation:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but Rodney would never have gone to high school with TLM; there's a big difference in their ages. I'm not sure if TLM even went to high school, or was educated to an extent at the various detention centres she was in.

It was pretty well known at the time that RS thought that Tara's friend, SL, was involved and that perhaps the two women were in it together. The reasons for this weren't made clear, but rumour had it that RS and his brother parked all night in front of SL's house not long after Tori disappeared, hoping to see something that would lead them to his daughter. I don't know if RS and SL went to high school together, or if he was then talking about someone else. Tara would never admit, even to herself, that SL would be involved. Anyway, these were just rampant rumours at the time.

JMO

Amster, just to address your speculation:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but Rodney would never have gone to high school with TLM; there's a big difference in their ages. I'm not sure if TLM even went to high school, or was educated to an extent at the various detention centres she was in.

It was pretty well known at the time that RS thought that Tara's friend, SL, was involved and that perhaps the two women were in it together. The reasons for this weren't made clear, but rumour had it that RS and his brother parked all night in front of SL's house not long after Tori disappeared, hoping to see something that would lead them to his daughter. I don't know if RS and SL went to high school together, or if he was then talking about someone else. Tara would never admit, even to herself, that SL would be involved. Anyway, these were just rampant rumours at the time.

JMO

oh...ok...sorry. I thought I remembered Rodney saying the woman in the white puffy coat reminded him of someone he went to high school with. Probably remembered wrong. Back at the beginning and for some time after, I do admit that I suspected Tara and her boyfriend.....

More info here:

During the subsequent interrogation, Det. Constable Kelly told prosecutor Michael Carnegie, he coaxed a key detail out of Ms. McClintic: She had recently cut off her long, dark hair, which resembled that of the woman in the video clip.

From a garbage can in Ms. McClintic’s bathroom, the officer retrieved the locks, tangled up with a wad of chewed gum.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/n...ler-jury-hears/article2362936/?service=mobile

LindaNguyenPN Linda Nguyen

Police go back to McClintic's house and found hair w gum in it in the bathroom garbage

That makes sense. Where else would you cut your hair? ;)

Oh, I was pointing out the discrepancies for this reporting today.

One says bedroom garbage, the other says bathroom garbage. :waitasec:

So some of what was said sheds some light. How TM went to TLM mothers house to buy oxy's is something I didnt know. I guess we all assumed it was drug related as well as dog breeding stuff.

I am glad that TM has stated she has been drug free for 6 months. It can only help when it comes to her relationship with DS.

Jessica McDonald (also no relation to Tara), who lives next door to McClintic, was one of the first people to alert investigators about her neighbour. "Two days after Tori went missing, she (McClintic) and I went to the police station and for about two hours, we handed out flyers," said 30-year-old Jessica, who said she didn't suspect anything at that point.

But after investigators released the surveillance video, McClintic started acting funny, said Jessica. "She said, `You know, that could be me walking with that little girl.' Who says anything like that? And she said that a few times."

About 10 days after Tori went missing, Carol McClintic told Jessica that her daughter and her boyfriend had gone to London to "dispose of some clothes. She said they went to get rid of her (McClintic's) white coat and other clothes."

snip.......

And then, when probed further about a white coat she owned, same as that female on the tape, McClintic claimed she'd tossed it out, in London, Ont., for some inexplicable reason.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/637399--gut-feelings-drove-neighbours

In this article, the neighbours asked TLM directly if she had taken Tori and she denied it.

Very good article that deserves rereading.

Ten days after Tori went missing would be April 18th or around then.

When RS said he thought it could be someone he recognized from high school, maybe this was he way of saying he suspected it was TM without coming right out and pointing a finger at her. They did go to high school together, this is where they met. MOO

oh...ok...sorry. I thought I remembered Rodney saying the woman in the white puffy coat reminded him of someone he went to high school with. Probably remembered wrong. Back at the beginning and for some time after, I do admit that I suspected Tara and her boyfriend.....

No, no, I'm pretty sure that Rodney did say that (about the woman reminding him of someone he went to high school with). What I meant was that either SL was that woman, or Rod changed his mind at some point about who he suspected. And I wanted to point out that he couldn't have been thinking of TLM because (a) she was too young to have gone to high school with him, and (b) I don't believe he even knew her.

JMO

Tara said James got home at 4:30 from picking up his GST cheque. They had just moved, so his GST cheque would have gone to their previous address. Previous address was one house away from Tori and Daryn's school. (me speculating).

I'm not suggesting anything... but it's so eerie that Tara had been to the nursing home right before, and James was probably at their former residence right after.

Tara said James got home at 4:30 from picking up his GST cheque. They had just moved, so his GST cheque would have gone to their previous address. Previous address was one house away from Tori and Daryn's school. (me speculating).

I'm not suggesting anything... but it's so eerie that Tara had been to the nursing home right before, and James was probably at their former residence right after.

I wonder what time he left to go do this if he got home at 430.

When RS said he thought it could be someone he recognized from high school, maybe this was he way of saying he suspected it was TM without coming right out and pointing a finger at her. They did go to high school together, this is where they met. MOO

RS and TM didn't go to the same highschool together.

Tori's father, Rodney Stafford, said on Wednesday he "strongly believes" he knows the person in the
sketch and that it may have been someone he went to high school with.
"Rodney mentioned to me who he thinks that it is, but we went to different high schools and so I'm not
sure," Ms. McDonald said.

http://www.oacas.org/news/09/april/24missing.pdf

Some extra stuff about TLM:

She indicated she was a non-status aboriginal, was on social assistance and had only completed Grade 9, but was interested in labour or "hands on" work, expecting to be paid about $10 an hour.

and

She also checked off the box next to "I tend to become angry easily," and wrote in by hand: "But have been able to maintain control over situations."

and

McClintic made a follow-up appointment at the employment centre for April 16, but by then she was already in custody.

http://www.680news.com/news/nationa...-issues-hours-before-tori-stafford-was-killed

This article is dated April 11th. I believe at this point the family was closing in on who they thought wore a white coat. TM at this time asked her family not to speak to reporters.

Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, and step-father, James Gorris, declined comment yesterday and told friends and family not to speak to reporters.

McDonald agreed with police, saying it was his granddaughter in the video.

"This is a small community and it's not like people usually have 12 different winter coats to wear," said Maitland. "Maybe the clothing will catch someone's attention."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2009/04/10/9077721-sun.html

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it was my impression that technically, TM and JG were not supposed to be living together in order for her to collect her OW cheques. It makes me think that his government cheques were mailed to his address of record, which I believe was his mother's place.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member