Criminal trial scheduling including pre-trial hearings, conferences & Timeline

So, tell us there is no way "Raven" can make the new lower 3million dollar bond!

Any idea who visits him, if anyone?

I am still very very puzzled by some of the details of our very strange and very brief past incident with him, if it actually was him.

The Durham DA, Tracey Cline has turned out to be a real nutcase.
Advantage - Raven

Janet is dead and will always be dead, I say that Raven has an advantage and will always have an advantage.

Raven has been in jail for two years in February and no trial date set, I'm thinking another advantage.

Raven's attorney isn't costing him a thing and he's an attorney that cares about getting his client off and not about Justice for Janet, I say that's another advantage.

Raven's attorney specializes in appellate cases and since the morning after Janet's murdered, when Nifong was sworn into office, Durham has been embroiled in one crazy thing after the other, another advantage for Raven.

Raven had plenty of time to get rid of the murder weapon, no witnesses and the jury pool is full of people that don't understand what "circumstantial evidence" is...another advantage for Raven.

I know there are LE that worked on Janet's case that really care, I just hope there is someone in the DA's office that cares enough to do their best to get Justice for Janet. The odds are stacked against Janet, her unborn child, Kaiden and Janet's family.

Sometimes truth and Justice don't win, I pray this isn't another one of those times.

Onelove, this may give you some incite into the issues that Tracey Cline is facing

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8465375

The ADA, I believe, that is working on Janet's case is Jim Dornfried, not sure if Cline is on Janet's case, but at this point I don't know if it matters. If Michael Peterson gets a retrial who knows what will happen to Janet's case.

At this rate, I'm grateful for every single day he has to spend behind bars.

I cannot believe that Michael Peterson was granted a new trial today in Durham. Makes me think Durham DA office is still as screwed up as ever. Makes me worry alot about Raven's trial. Wonder if Raven will go to trial before or after this circus?

Victims & their family really are suffering so much over other people's inadequacies, personal vendetta's, shoddy work, jurors watching too much CSI and not understanding circumstantial evidence.

Good guys don't always win and murderers are walking a lot in Durham.

Raven has all the advantages.

This whole thing makes me ill.

Wonder if her contacts were still in her eyes after the exhumation?
Raven said she had gone to bed before he left the house (she would have removed lenses).

He also said she was watching TV. It's funny because I think she would use the time that Raven left to check email or do something on the internet or call someone. He was one of those guys you don't just "knife collection" missing was the laptop. Funny, her wedding ring was sitting out in plain view also, and it wasn't taken.

I was told by people that knew Janet that she NEVER slept in her contacts, so if no contacts found, I'm hoping that they were found during the exhumation.

I also believe that it has been stated by those that were at the funeral that it was Raven and his mother that made the funeral arrangements Janet's family wasn't given much say. I have often wondered if Karen and Raven tried having her cremated.

FIXING MY SENTENCE ABOVE...... to read correctly.

He also said she was watching TV. It's funny because I think she would use the time that Raven left to check email or do something on the internet or call someone. He was one of those guys you don't GET TO TALK TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHILE HE IS AROUND and just the "knife collection" WAS missing AND THE laptop.

I hope it's a step forward to getting Raven one step closer to life in prison, but the way things are going in Durham, it looks like another advantage to Raven.

Murderers like Michael Charles Dorman and Michael Peterson are walking the street now. It's sad that we have to brace ourselves in case Raven is the next one to get away with murder.

I hope that Theresa Pressley and Jim Dornfried are prepared to give 100% when Raven goes to trial.

I heard that next week is suppose to be a normal status hearing, but don't hold me to it, because I thought the arraignment was going to be in February, but it doesn't seem that's going to happen.

Does anyone happen to know how long after the arraignment is a trial date usually set in Durham?

Durham actually arraigns one of two ways. 1) Shortly after charges in cases with strong evidence, likely to make a splash or 2) Immediately before a trial after protracted M&As failing to meet a plea arrangement.

They have varied from this on occasion and it's one of the hardest counties here to guesstimate when they will actually put something on for trial.

It appears we have a date for something:

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2010001087 CRS
Arraigned Defendant Name: ABAROA,RAVEN,SAMUEL
County: DURHAM
Court Date: 03/05/2012
Session: AM
Court Room: 001S

Also, by the Superior Calendar it looks like Judge Stephens (currently on the bench for the Jason Young retrial) might be assigned to this case...

Thank you. I wonder if this is going to be the arraignment, hopefully we get more details soon.

It appears we have a date for something:

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2010001087 CRS
Arraigned Defendant Name: ABAROA,RAVEN,SAMUEL
County: DURHAM
Court Date: 03/05/2012
Session: AM
Court Room: 001S

Also, by the Superior Calendar it looks like Judge Stephens (currently on the bench for the Jason Young retrial) might be assigned to this case...

This is just another status hearing. Not an arraignment.

Tracey Cline was removed from Office and her pay terminated.

Jim Dornfried was always the ADA on the case. I heard Theresa Pressley is on it now along with Jim Dornfried. Not sure how that's going to work out since I read that Jim Dornfried is running to become a Judge against Judge Orlando Hudson. Judge Hudson is the one that Tracey Cline was having issues with and Tracey lost her job as the District Attorney.

I guess the question is, why would James Dornfried , who is the senior ADA in Durham, run against the Judge who was giving the DA's office the hardest time. Isn't that going to cause more issues with the District Attorney's office? If Jim has a case pending now and Hudson gets assigned to it, what happens? Can this happen?

What the hell is wrong with the politics in Durham!!!!!! Janet Christiansen Abaroa has been overshadowed by politics since the day she was murdered. Raven Abaroa is about the luckiest I have ever known.

Today's hearing looks to be another status hearing. Next month who knows.

No trial date set yet, I'm beginning to think we're looking at July/August trial date.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back