Criminal trial scheduling including pre-trial hearings, conferences & Timeline

Here's to looking forward to justice for Janet, may another husband who thinks murder is better then divorce go down! Please Durham, get this done, its been far to long.....

Thank you for all the updates JTF and Terminatrixator! Hopefully we will be moving to the trials section of websleuths very soon!

Thank you for all the updates JTF and Terminatrixator! Hopefully we will be moving to the trials section of websleuths very soon!

Since Raven was arrested, I was hoping you guys could change the name of her forum to Janet Christiansen Abaroa. I think we asked before and were told that if Raven gets arrested you would consider our request.

terminatrixator: let me see what I can do about that change in name of the forum

I wonder what the deal is with the other case he is currently charged in, and if that needs to get resolved prior to the murder? Apparently he was charged with that 11 days after being arrested and jailed for murdering Janet.

ABAROA, RAVEN, SAMUEL

2/26/2010 3/9/2010 [incarcerated] ASSAULT - SPORTS OFFICIAL
WRITTEN PR $0.00 04CR 051915 729

2/26/2010 2/26/2010 [incarcerated] MURDER
SECURED $3,000,000.00 10CRS001087 740

http://www2.durhamcountync.gov/sheriff/ips/default.aspx

No new dates entered yet for activity on either case.

Regular hearing was March 5, 2012. No arraignment, no trial date set.

Don't know much about the other case.

From what I know, Raven is one of those guys that is good at controlled anger and controlled excessive force. He has no problem smiling when he has to, crying when he has to and saving up his anger and going off when someone's not looking and sometimes he likes to go off while people are looking. Basically, he knows when the camera is rolling and knows when and how to use it. He's very much a sociopath.

Yesterday was the status hearing, Janet's family was not there, neither was the Bird.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8574128

Like I've said for years now. The Top News story when Janet was murdered was Jennifer Wilbanks, The Runaway Bride. You all know the Story.

Janet was murdered on April 26, 2005. On April 27, 2005 Mike Nifong was sworn into office when Jim Hardin left to become a Judge.

Mike Nifong was an interim Judge and I believe the Governor appointed him interim with a Gentleman's handshake.

Mike Nifong immediately tells Freda Black he wants her out, she leaves and decides to run for DA.

Mike Nifong announces his candidacy against Freda Black.

In March of 2006 we have the beginning of the Duke Lacrosse Rape case. Mike Nifong is all over the news. No arrest in Janet's murder. A few days after the Candlelight Vigil in conjunction with National Crime Victims' Rights Week is the primary. Eventually Mike Nifong is sworn into office. Nifong gets reelected (how did this happen?)

Now we have Tracey Cline out of office. The ADA on Janet's case, Jim Dornfried, has filed to run against Superior Court Judge Orlando Hudson in the upcoming election.

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wtvd/cms_exf_2007/news/local/6995413_600x338.jpg

Janet and her unborn child, her family & friends deserve justice.

terminatrixator,

Thank you so much for hanging in here for Janet for so many years, for your posts that contain so much background information for those of us who had to be absent from the forums for whatever reasons. I suffered the loss of my parents and am trying to bounce back from that, so I truly appreciate the awesome work and dedication that you and many others have done here for Janet. I remember you from so many years ago, your moniker is unforgettable, terminatrixator!

I do so hope now that Jason Young has been convicted in Raleigh, and as I heard one Juror say, on circumstantial evidence only, that we can get a conviction for Raven too. My prayers go out to the family. Everybody keep up the good reporting here... I'll be reading!

:lurk:

Magpie, my condolences, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your parents.

I think there is strong circumstantial evidence against Raven myself, and I hope that Durham District Attorney's Office will put their time and attention into prosecuting the Bird. Janet, her unborn child, Kaiden, the Christiansen Family and friends deserve it.

It's sad that such a loving, intelligent and caring girl like Janet seems to have been lost in the shuffle.

Is this old news? I just happened to Google Raven today and saw the October 29th date:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/11170204/

Durham, N.C. — A former Durham resident pleaded not guilty Monday to killing his wife more than seven years ago, and his trial was set for October.

Raven Abaroa, 32, is charged with first-degree murder in the April 26, 2005, death of his wife.

Janet Abaroa, 25, was pregnant with her second child when she was stabbed to death in an upstairs room at the couple's Durham home.

Raven Abaroa has maintained that he was at a soccer game when his wife was killed and that he found her when he returned home later that night. He was arrested in February 2010 in Idaho, where he and the couple's son, Kaiden, had moved after Janet Abaroa's death.

Prosecutors said during a brief court hearing Monday that they have withdrawn all plea offers.

The trial was set to begin the week of Oct. 29.

"We are pleased it is moving forward," said Tim Dowd, a spokesman for Janet Abaroa's family. "It's been over seven years – by the time we get to the trial, 7½ years – so we are looking forward to this case being resolved and looking forward to the prosecution vigorously pursing justice for Janet and her unborn child."

I guess I thought I posted about it, and I didn't thank you much.

I heard people are receiving their subpoenas. I haven't heard anything else but that recently.

So far, no change. Fasten your seatbelts, sports fans -- another trial featuring a husband charged with murdering his pregnant wife. :furious:

Do we know whether this trial will be live-streamed? Tia.

Listing: 1 - 1 10/15/2012
District and Superior Courts of DURHAM County
Court....... Defendant ....................... Date of Birth.......Court Date....... Court Room........ Session....... Case Number...... Citation Number Superior....ABAROA,RAVEN,SAMUEL ...........10/11/1979 ...... 10/29/2012 ........ 001S ............. AM .............. 2010CRS001087

I was just wondering about where we were on this trial. I am changing jobs so I might not be able to watch live. I hope it is archived somewhere.

Greetz, SeaChiq, nice to have you on this board -- and I hope your new job is a certified winner for ya, CoffeeCityHumanBean! It's exciting & a bit scary -- or was for me...

Anyway, if it is live-streamed and if WRAL (a Raleigh, NC, TV broadcasting network) is in on it, what they have always done in the past is to archive it for quite some time -- months to years. And they have "today's" trial segment available "tonight," so you really won't be behind if you wanna view it "tonight." I just don't know fer shure if it will be streamed -- I would think so, but you never can tell....

Another Narcississtic, egotistic, misogynistic, sociopath -- gee, how many of those have we watched? And how many of those are in prison at this very moment? For life without parole, if it's first degree murder and if it's in NC. Or Death. There's only those two ways to go on 1st Degree Murder here. And LWOP is absolutely for life. No parole, no nothing. Period. Abaroa won't like that one bit. We've just got to get him there.

Justice for Janet and her unborn.

I just emailed WRAL.com to ask if they were planning to live-stream the Abaroa trial -- so if/when I get an answer, I'll let you know...
icon12.gif

Let's hope!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious