Crocodile Hunter's Daughter Gets Own TV Show

I do know what you mean and there is a whole lot of overkill going on.

Im pleased you think so narla.....did Bindi tell you that?

Bindi is a great ambassador for Australia, but I too think she has a lot on her plate for a child that young, hope she doesnt burn out, as many young high profile kids do.

I think she's adorable, but is this going to be another child star who never is really allowed to be "just a kid"?

I think having the show is enough. She needs to have friends, and time to play and just be a little girl IMO.

The "fashion line" really turns me off for a little girl. She seems more tomboyish, anyway. IMO

I completely agree.

Shirley Temple turned out OK didn't she?

Your joking right???

Shirley Temple had a terrible childhood and it plagued her for years into adulthood.
It was not until she was well into middle age that she found peace with the terror her life had been.

Your joking right???

Shirley Temple had a terrible childhood and it plagued her for years into adulthood.
It was not until she was well into middle age that she found peace with the terror her life had been.

AMEN! Plus, if we can only think of one child star, from 60 years ago that turned out even half way normal after decades of therapy and drug treatment, what does that say?

I have to declare that I am not a huge fan of Bindi or her Mum... seems to me that Bindi is being used to push the zoos profile. It is their choice to do this and I only hope that Bindi grows up to be a balanced happy woman.That being said I did admire Steves dedication to the animals and he has left a example for others to follow.
I just wish Bindi was not always seen in the media 'pushing a point' or selling a product.
I will not be buying her clothes for my daughter..

Well said, I agree wholeheartedly

I think what Bindi is doing is much different than what typical childhood stars do - she is making a difference in the world around her - the animal world, no less. My children would be thrilled at an opportunity like that. My daughter is 7 and has said for the last couple of years solid that she wants to work in a zoo or do something to help animals. She loves playing with her siblings and her friends, but to see her with animals, I can't explain it - she's completely in her element at that point. She'll watch Animal Planet anyday over cartoons. She would much rather play with her stuffed animals, than her Barbies or baby dolls. Her brother and sister are a lot like her, but not quite to the same extent.

I bet Bindi is a lot happier than a lot of other children because she is contributing to our world and not trying to fulfill her happiness with just her own wants and needs. I think we are all born with an instinct to help others - whether that be people, animals, our environment, etc. - we just get so busy trying to work to survive that it gets pushed aside. That's why we come here to read stories to see how we might be able to help, even if all we can do is hope and pray. That's why we praise those who help others and are outraged at those who don't.

As for the clothes, it's not like she's designing them and making them herself! She's probably just telling them what she likes and doesn't like - how long does that take? I'd much rather buy a Bindi brand line of clothes for my daughters, than a Mary-Kate and Ashley brand. I think it will be refreshing to dress our daughters like little girls rather than little women! I'm excited because one of my daughters likes all the pinks, bows and ruffles and the other, the animal lover, likes practical - yet she's not all out tomboy.

One last point, with all the money Bindi has made or will make, I just don't see her wasting it on glitz and glamour or drugs and alcohol. Instead, I think she will use it to better her, her future family, and of course, the animal world around her! I could be wrong, but I don't think she's going to be filling that void in her life with worthless or damaging things because she has the love of her mother, brother and father from above, and the joy of making a difference in life!

So go easy on Bindi, I think the hardest thing in her life right now would be hearing all the critics of her and her mom!

I saw her once, can't remember on what show, but she sounded way too grown up.. I felt she was trying too hard. She is a cutie and I agree, she needs to just enjoy being a kid. She is too young to be having her own clothing line..

I bet Bindi is a lot happier than a lot of other children because she is contributing to our world and not trying to fulfill her happiness with just her own wants and needs. I think we are all born with an instinct to help others - whether that be people, animals, our environment, etc. - we just get so busy trying to work to survive that it gets pushed aside. That's why we come here to read stories to see how we might be able to help, even if all we can do is hope and pray. That's why we praise those who help others and are outraged at those who don't.

I guess I'm not sure that contributig to the world makes children happy. I don't know.

According to this qoute from the article:
"Finger and Martin have been designing Bindi's fashion line since she was a one-year-old."

I honestly doubt that Bindi does much more than lend her name to the designer. Her actual involvement with the fashion line is probably minimal.

I agree that children celebrities have a unique set of challenges, and that often, their parents are way too pushy and contribute to a lot of problems that surface later, however, I just don't see that here.

Steve had the whole family involved in conservation with a celebrity status attached to that from day one, and they're simply carrying on in what is (to them), a normal way of life.

The world needs more people like the Irwins, and what a great thing it is for Bindi to be able to help other children understand the importance of learning about the creatures on this world who cannot speak for themselves. As my 8 yr old grandaughter says, "she's a really GOOD teacher"!

Im pleased you think so narla.....did Bindi tell you that?

I don't personally know Bindi as you know Dingo- you only have to look at her to see she is okay.

She is helping to save our world and all you guys can do is bag her-

She is a well adjusted, emotionally stable little girl having the time of her life- it's that simple.

According to this qoute from the article:
"Finger and Martin have been designing Bindi's fashion line since she was a one-year-old."

I honestly doubt that Bindi does much more than lend her name to the designer. Her actual involvement with the fashion line is probably minimal.

I agree that children celebrities have a unique set of challenges, and that often, their parents are way too pushy and contribute to a lot of problems that surface later, however, I just don't see that here.

Steve had the whole family involved in conservation with a celebrity status attached to that from day one, and they're simply carrying on in what is (to them), a normal way of life.

The world needs more people like the Irwins, and what a great thing it is for Bindi to be able to help other children understand the importance of learning about the creatures on this world who cannot speak for themselves. As my 8 yr old grandaughter says, "she's a really GOOD teacher"!

Isn't she?

She taught me koalas and wombats are related- I had no idea lol

I guess I'm not sure that contributig to the world makes children happy. I don't know.

Why wouldn't it? I think kids want to do something to make a difference, big or small, but aren't given the chance. We don't do much on our part as of yet, maybe we will as my kids get older. But, just when we take their clothes and toys to Goodwill, my kids seem so happy that we are helping someone else in need. I'm just guessing here, I don't know Bindi or her family, but I think if she were to express some type of discord, her mother would pull the plug immediately. Fortunately, she's in a position to be able to support her daughter's desire to go forth with these projects. And these shows aren't filmed all day every day - I'm sure she has plenty of time to relax and play with other kids!

I don't personally know Bindi as you know Dingo- you only have to look at her to see she is okay.

She is helping to save our world and all you guys can do is bag her-

She is a well adjusted, emotionally stable little girl having the time of her life- it's that simple.

I hope it stays that way for a long, long time Narla!!! She's just as cute as a button.

Bindi is precious and she IS talented... but I wonder if Steve had lived, if he'd still be the main entertainer and Bindi would have more time to just be a kid. I almost feel like sometimes that Terri is pushing Bindi a little harder since Steve was killed to keep the zoo high-profile and to somehow "make up" for Steve's not being there, in every way....financially, psychologically (for her AND the kids), emotionally, etc.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back