GUILTY CT - Connie Dabate, 39, murdered in her Ellington home, 23 Dec 2015 *husband arrested*

Connie Dabate's Estate Down To $6.42; Judge Wants To Question Husband

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-ellington-dabate-murder-missing-estate-20170927-story.html

A probate judge wants to question Richard Dabate on why his slain wife’s estate is worth only $6.42.

The new accounting was filed recently by Connie Dabate’s sister, who was appointed executor in May. Probate Judge O. James Purnell III had ordered Richard Dabate to appear to answer questions about the estate, which Dabate had indicated in a document filed a month after his wife’s death was worth about $77,000. A hearing was scheduled for Wednesday, but has been postponed.

It's still considered a beautiful, safe town. Jmho
I agree...and I love showing my kids around there (except it's much more built up and my only complaint growing up was having to drive to another town to grocery shop lol... but now there is a grocery store) and I had a wonderful childhood there. And yes, I would agree it's a very safe place... especially compared to where I moved to (Los Angeles) for 9 months a year (culture shock is an understatement...and I moved in the early 80s) and then spent my summers back East between CT and my house at the Cape. My family is still in the area of Ellington and this family in particular, or this case I should say hits very close to home and not just geographicly... I don't know how else to put it...so I was not trying to make Ellington out to be crime ridden because it's not...and even the more suburban areas are really not bad considering other larger cities... I lived in Boston for 17 yrs before moving back to the West Coast 10 yrs ago (still summers back East lol)...even in downtown Boston (or Hartford for that matter) do not compare to areas out here

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

State Must Still Turn Over Thousands of Documents In Connie Dabate Murder Case

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-dabate-fit-bit-murder-trial-20171027-story.html

Tolland State’s Attorney Matthew Gedansky said Friday during Dabate’s brief court appearance that another batch of discovery had been turned over to Hubert Santos, Dabate’s attorney, and that the “state was approximately halfway in providing material” to the defense.

“The amount of discovery is quite extensive,” Gedansky said.

Richard Dabate, 41, is charged with murdering his wife Connie Dabate,39, in their Ellington home two days before Christmas in 2015. He is currently free on a $1 million bond. Dabate will have another pre-trial hearing on Jan. 19.

Dabate's version of events:

That's where he spotted an intruder: a 6'2" man with a stocky build wearing a "camouflaged suit with a mask."

Right then, Dabate said he heard his wife return home and yelled for her to run.

After a brief struggle, the intruder shot and killed the wife, Dabate said.

At that point, he told detectives the intruder half tied him to a chair and began burning him with a torch.

The two tussled, he said. And at one point, Dabate said he turned the torch on the intruder.

The man "dropped the torch, put his hands to his face, and ran out," he said.

Dabate said he crawled upstairs with the chair still attached to his wrist, pushed the panic button on his alarm and called 911...

Dabate later admitted to having an extramarital affair where he impregnated a woman.

Five days after the incident, Dabate also attempted to make a claim for his wife's life insurance policy for $475,000, police said.

http://myfox8.com/2017/04/26/cops-use-wifes-fitbit-logs-to-charge-husband-with-murder/

Citing Probate Case Publicity, Richard Dabate Wants Murder Charge Dismissed

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-dabate-murder-motion-to-dismiss-20171108-story.html

The attorney for Richard Dabate, accused of murder in the killing of his wife, Connie Dabate, in their Ellington home two years ago, filed a motion Wednesday seeking to dismiss the charges against Dabate because of pretrial publicity caused by a probate judge who “has embarked on a campaign to characterize Dabate as a killer.”

The unusual four-page motion filed by Hubert Santos in Superior Court in Rockville claims that by freezing all of Connie Dabate’s accounts, by trying to force Richard Dabate to testify in probate court even as the murder charge is pending, and by questioning what Dabate did with money he withdrew from his wife’s accounts after her death, Probate Judge O. James Purnell III has prejudiced Dabate’s chance to get a fair trial.

I agree...and I love showing my kids around there (except it's much more built up and my only complaint growing up was having to drive to another town to grocery shop lol... but now there is a grocery store) and I had a wonderful childhood there. And yes, I would agree it's a very safe place... especially compared to where I moved to (Los Angeles) for 9 months a year (culture shock is an understatement...and I moved in the early 80s) and then spent my summers back East between CT and my house at the Cape. My family is still in the area of Ellington and this family in particular, or this case I should say hits very close to home and not just geographicly... I don't know how else to put it...so I was not trying to make Ellington out to be crime ridden because it's not...and even the more suburban areas are really not bad considering other larger cities... I lived in Boston for 17 yrs before moving back to the West Coast 10 yrs ago (still summers back East lol)...even in downtown Boston (or Hartford for that matter) do not compare to areas out here

We know you weren’t trying to make the town of Ellington into a bad town. Has it experienced urban sprawl—sure. My point of posting that Ellington is considered a beautiful safe town is for those posters who don’t live here (I’ll go as far as to say I’m very familiar with this street & I’ll leave it at that) to get a broader scope of the details of this case & that’s all.

Ellington is upper middle class from a demographic perspective, hilly, beautifully scenic in autumn.

Let’s hope the there’s justice soon for this poor woman

More Evidence Turned Over In Fitbit Murder Case

Richard Dabate, accused of murdering his wife in their Ellington home, made a brief court appearance Friday as his attorneys continue to sift through the volumes of electronic evidence used to arrest him.

His attorney, Trent Lalima, told the judge that prosecutors had turned over “another batch of discovery” and that “every time we have a court date we get more.”

The judge schedule Dabate’s next pre-trial hearing for March 2.

Sister Of Connie Dabate Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Richard Dabate, Charged In Murder Case

I couldn’t find info about the March 2nd hearing or if it even occurred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Evidence Turned Over As Fitbit Murder Case Moves Toward Trial
Prosecutors have finally delivered all of the evidence state police collected in their investigation to the attorneys for Richard Dabate, accused of murdering his wife in their Ellington home in December 2015, clearing the way for the case to move toward an inevitable trial.

Tolland State’s Attorney Matthew Gedensky told Judge Sheila Prats Friday the last of the electronic records collected by state police have been turned over and “we should be able to move forward now” at the next court date. Prats set Dabate’s next court date for Aug. 31.

I couldn’t find any updates about the trial. Anyone else find anything?

Why did it take so long to arrest him? He was clearly lying from day 1. What intruder takes nothing from the house, kills the wife and ties up the husband? That should have pegged LE's hinky meter for openers. There was no sign of forced entry, he sent his boss an email from his HOME computer stating that he had to go home to check on an alarm. The alarm didn't go off until 10:11??? The search dogs didn't pick up the scent of an intruder. He said the wife came home and the intruder shot her. The intruder was allegedly wearing a mask; wouldn't it make more sense for him to run? And then he tried to collect on an insurance policy 5 days after Connie's murder and the icing on the cake is the pregnant girlfriend. The Fitbit evidence seals the deal, but really, LE had plenty of evidence early on. IMHO.

It shouldn't have taken them more than 3 months to arrest him.

:cow:
They needed time to collect the evidence for a beyond a doubt conviction....MOO

I grew up in Ellington...Crystal Lake.... Ellington is very beautiful still yes built up but not as much as some places are. It's still Cowtown USA LOL....I live in Vernon now... I was in Ellington until I was 21....I was in shock a case like this is close to home. NOW in the past I'd say year....Vernon has had it's blows with....well I'd say MORE youth violence and still that is few compared to most places. Ellington though I NEVER would have thought I'd hear any thing like that would happen especially on the Road it did. But then again....stranger things have happened.

Sorry I’ve just looked at this but I’m in uk and can’t open the MSM links can someone tell me briefly about ‘the Fitbit’ as I can’t see anything , thanks

Sorry I’ve just looked at this but I’m in uk and can’t open the MSM links can someone tell me briefly about ‘the Fitbit’ as I can’t see anything , thanks

"According to police documents tendered to court, detectives learned that Dabate tried to cash in Connie’s $475,000 life insurance policy just five days after her murder but the insurance company denied his claim. Two years earlier, he had stopped making payments on his own policy. In January 2016, he withdrew more than $90,000 from an investment account that belonged to his wife.

The investigation would take many months and relied heavily on police reviewing a wide array of digital footprints from cellphones to laptops to security alarm records. Police also used Connie Dabate’s Fitbit — which she had worn to her spin class on the morning of her death — to retrace her last steps.

Those records showed her final movements inside the home were at 10:05am — nearly an hour after Richard Dabate told detectives she had been killed by the masked intruder.

“To say it is rare to use Fitbit records would be safe,” District Attorney Craig Stedman told the Hartford Courant.

In a previous case, Mr Stedman used Fitbit records to prove that a woman had fabricated a story about a stranger breaking into her home and sexually assaulting her.

“It is an electronic footprint that tracks your movements,” he said. “It is a great tool for investigators to use. We can also get the information much faster than some other types of evidence such as DNA tests.”

Dabate has been bailed ahead of his next scheduled court appearance on April 28.

He faces charges of murder, tampering with evidence and making a false statement."

Was it all an elaborate lie?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back